“A great hideaway”

Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
Ranked #15 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were shocked at how large and beautiful the rooms were at this hotel. The bathroom was wonderful and very large. My husband is picky about beds because he has a bad back and he loved this one. The only complaint I have is that the service at the restaurant was slow for dinner. The food was great and the atmosphere was beautiful. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed three nights at this hotel. It was centrally located for what we wanted to do. We had a choice of staying on the main building or up the hill. We chose to stay up the hill. Once on top of the hill there was only a flight of stairs to access our room. The very nice young man who parked our car also had bellman duties. He was very busy, so we had to carry our bags up the stairs. Once we were at the top we were greeted by a rather dingy hallway. Our room was spacious and the bed comfortable. Thinking, that being on the top floor would give us a lovely view. There was just a view of the pool. On our last evening they were having a function by the pool. The music was so loud we had a hard time hearing the t.v. We were told the event would be over by 9:30. After two phone calls and a visit to the front desk, the event came to an end about 10:15. Other than this evening, it was very quiet. Breakfast was served in the main building, so it was a walk or shuttle down the hill. Breakfast was consistently very good, but the service was lacking. The entire hotel seemed a bit under staffed.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

A big THANKYOU to the amazing staff at the Luxe Hotel, you truly made us feel welcome at home and like family. They are the most humble and friendly people I've ever met.

The Hotel itself was pure Luxury - the pool area was amazing, the rooms, food and drinks were amazing...
I will be advising every person I know and every person I come across to stay at the Luxe on Sunset Boulevard.

Every time I travel to LA I will be sure to stay there. (I think I even enjoyed being at the hotel more then seeing the sights)!!!!

Thanks again to ALL the staff including Front Desk, Valet, Bell Boys, Room Service, Housekeeping and anyone else I've missed.

Room Tip: Any area is good - it is a respectable hotel there were no loud or rude people there.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at the LUXE only one night but wish it had been more , out of our 5 week holiday in California , this was by far the BEST room we stayed in . we were down stairs opposite the pool which was great, The staff were very friendly. and happy to answer my questions , close to brentwood village for restaurants , the only problem i had was when a hotel allows dogs to stay make the owners pick up after them , right opposite our room some inconsiderate owner left there calling card . easy fix to problem . DONT ALLOW DOGS AT THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: stay on the upper level if possible
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We arrived at this hotel after a horrible experience with Farmer’s Daughter hotel.
This is a nice hotel, with friendly staff, very clean. Outside was quite cold and we used the air conditioned to heat the room, there was ok.
We received a complementary drink during the trip.
It is not in the middle of everything, but we had a car and we like it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Conveniently located - right off the 405. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. They don't seem to have too many rooms with king size beds. I asked for one and was told none were available. Was promised queen size beds (2) but they were double beds. Only bad thing we experienced was breakfast - had to wait 1/2 hour for a table because no one was organized enough to get tables cleared and guests seated. Food was not bad for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here for four days at the end of June with my wife. We were both in LA on business and stayed a few extra days for fun. The hotel is very conveniently located since it's right on the 405, though some may find that odd. It liked that I could jump right on the freeway, at least on this trip. The only glitch for me was the north bound ramp for Sunset was closed when I was driving from LAX so I was a bit lost finding the hotel, but I called the front desk and they were very helpful. They might think about putting alternative directions on their website until the exit ramp is back in service. The lobby makes a great first impression. Very comfortable seating and great snacks at an open bar. Green apples are kept on the reception desk all day. We had a deluxe king in the lower building which turned out to be very convenient for us. Some might prefer the upper building since the gym and pool are there, and the walk up the hill is steep, but they have a golf cart to shuttle you around if you want. They also have a car that will bring you back and forth to places within a couple miles of the hotel, so you don't really need a car to visit Brentwood. The rooms are big and spacious and included a hidden kitchen. The bathroom is starting to show its age and there are spots where wall paper is peeling etc., but the value is super. I thought the rates were more than reasonable for such a well-appointed hotel. I found the hotel very quiet. We could hear our neighbors on occasion but nothing terribly disruptive. The pool is very, very quiet with a beautiful lay out. What makes the hotel superb is their staff, from the valet to the front desk to pool guy to the bar tender - everyone is very accommodating and helpful. I think this is quite a find in LA - reasonable rates and convenient, depending on where exactly you need to be.

Room Tip: Our room on second floor of lower buidling all the way down the hall was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple