Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$309
$286
  • Restaurant
$289
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
Westin.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$210
  • Beachfront
$181
$99
1,328 results
All reviewsupper buildingseparate buildingsgetty museumbel airsanta monicavalet parkingsunset boulevardvalet staffrooms are largemain lobbyjunior suitebeverly hillspool area isrodeo drivenice poolwest hollywoodfitness center
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I liked the experience - great room etc.

The rate promised free wifi and breakfast. There was no Wifi available in the room - and I was charged for breakfast. I let the hotel know when I got home. My e-mail was ignored.

If you are shopping for a hotel, consider this rip-off. Otherwise it was a nice place and I enjoyed the experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with working Wifi. Make sure you are not double charged for breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Kelly H, Director of Operations at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear two-guys Seattle,

Thank you for review about your recent stay with us. I am very concerned about the issues you experienced as they are not typical and quite frankly, unusual. Our Wi-fi was recently upgraded to cover all guest areas and is able to handle high traffic use from many users. Also, any packages that include breakfast are noted on the reservation so there is no mistake on what is included.

I have sent you a private message and I look forward to speaking to you in detail about these issues. Please reach out at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The first appearance or impression on the website of the Luxe Sunset Blvd (located at 405 and Sunset Blvd) is much different from the impression and hotel stay we experienced. This hotel's web site conveys a much more of a luxury hotel than reality. A lot of blow and no go. The size of the room is about it that lived up to the web site presentation. The furniture in the room was designed to look luxury, but in reality it was not close. The hotel is split level making it very difficult to navigate from the lobby/bar/restaurant area back to your room. The better rooms are located up the drive from the lobby, a workout climbing the drive to those rooms and pool area. You either drive and use the valet each time or have the shuttle take you back and forth. Once in the building the hallway leading to our room had a dry, arrid odor that had us thinking of a lower class property and similar to one of those 'theme' hotels.

The location of the Luxe is good, convenient to 405 near restaurants, museums, shopping and sightseeing. However; after a busy day, returning to the Luxe took the 'air' out of our day. All that, we will not be returning to the Luxe when in that area of Los Angeles in the future.

Room Tip: Get away from the lobby area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cheapadvice
Kelly H, Director of Operations at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear cheapadvice,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Obviously, we did not meet your expectations and I am truly disappointed to read about your stay. I have sent you a message to your e-mail to discuss this in detail.

Please reach out at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I've lived in LA for 30 years, and never had the pleasure of going to the Luxe, until Saturday evening. I attended an event that was done to perfection. However, the only thing that out-shown the fabulous food, the lush grounds, the simple yet elegant decor and the peaceful ambiance was the staff. In their entirety, they were welcoming, warm, smiling and just seemed happy to be working there. I've traveled the world, and have never seen anything quite like it. From the valet to the front desk to the servers, I've never had a more consistently joyous hotel experience. And in speaking with one of the employees, they boasted about the wonderful owner & new general manager, and how great they treat every employee. Must be their secret weapon. The people working here are true hospitality professionals, but it comes from a place that can't be taught. They are hiring exceptional people & treating them very well. Not only will I return to enjoy their restaurant, bar and their popular Sunday brunch, but I've already recommended it to my family, friends & business associates. The location in proximity to the airport, beach and fabulous shopping could not be better. Also the perfect Stay-cation.

Room Tip: Judging fromt he quality of the hotel, I can't imagine they would have any room that is inferior to another.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Judi F

Dear Judi F

On behalf of the team here at the Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, we are truly humbled by your review! I have not read a more gracious and lovely narrative about our property and staff. We are ecstatic that you were finally able to visit us after 30 years and I was so pleased to read about your interaction with the employees and getting to hear about the owner and General Manager. The owner is someone that we all get our passion and pride from and is coincidentally celebrating 30 years in hospitality this year. He is a wonderful gentleman that truly cares about the employees and the experiences that we provide for our guests. Our new General Manager is just as dynamic and has made such a difference in such a short time. They make working here a true pleasure.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor and we all look forward to welcoming you many more times in the future!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I travel to Los Angeles on a monthly basis, and have often switched between this hotel and the Hotel Angeleno across the way, because of value and convenient location. The Luxe on Sunset is very quiet and serene, with each room surrounded by beautiful trees or shrubbery, lending a quiet and peaceful air to the hotel. The accomodations are extremely comfortable, and for the average room price, very luxurious and of a higher quality than most hotels in the area. The inclusion of complimentary Wi-Fi is an added plus that few hotels offer, which makes the value of your stay even greater. The common areas, restaurant and bar, have also served as nice, elegant meeting places for business or leisure. I had an especially pleasant experience dealing with one of the hotel's Front Office Managers, Agne Sorek, who was more attentive than any staff member with whom I have ever corresponded at a hotel, and was the best example of the quality of service that this hotel offers to its guests. I plan to return on a regular basis.

Room Tip: Rooms in the upper building are even more quiet than those in the main building. The pool and fitness center are also located in this building.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Robbie0430,

It was a pleasure to read your review about your stay with us. Coming from someone who travels to the L.A. area so regularly, we value your opinion greatly. Your thoughtful insight of our property is much appreciated. I'm was thrilled to read about your experience with our Front Office Manager, Agne. She is the epitome of professionalism and someone that we are fortunate to have on our team. Thank you so much for your kind words and I know that she will be elated to hear about the affect she had on your experience.

We all look forward to becoming your regular "home away from home"!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Was in town for a wine dinner and stayed the night at the Luxe. Great staff, understated elegance, a great place to relax, especially by the pool. However, if you have a room by the pool, you are away from the main hotel building. This necessitates waiting for a golf cart (which is a short wait) or walking down a long narrow driveway to the lobby/restaurant. The only other relatively minor complaint was the micro-bathroom. For such a nice hotel room, this seemed a bit out of place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly H, Director of Operations at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Redlands_CAFoodie,

It's wonderful to read such a great review coming from someone as well-traveled as yourself. Our staff always finds it rewarding to know how they affected our guest's stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.