“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 347 Hotels in Los Angeles
Portola Valley, California
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel was perfect for me. It is right on the corner of Sunset and the 405 Freeway which made my daily trip to the valley a breeze, even with the construction. My room was huge, on the first floor and accessible. I ate dinner every night in the restaurant and enjoyed the menu and decor. There is a nice outside sitting area to have an quiet drink and relax. I never went to the pool so I cannot comment on that. The valets were nice and helpful. All in all, a smoothe and easy experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Hebrew first
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a very beautiful Hotel to stay at. Nice view from the bed of the skyline, spacious room, and bath. Large closet, and interesting things that you could buy in the room, from a Happy Book, to a first aid kit and more.

Room Tip: Choose one at the top building & ask for a second floor to get the view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! We had been coming for a few years to visit family in the area but just this year discovered the Luxe, and we're embarking on our third trip there already in 2013. The rooms are very large, with lovely modern decor. The bathroom has large countertops--way larger than in almost any hotel we've been to, and there are also cabinets and drawers in the vanity under the sink. (Actually, if you take the executive suite, there are two sinks in the bathroom along with other features of a spacious suite.)

And even though the highway is nearby, the times we stayed there we had rooms that were so quiet--never did we hear any noise from the highway. Hard to believe that there even is a highway nearby.

Also, lovely restaurant.... I could go on and on.... lovely swimming pool area.... We are so happy we changed from the chain hotel that we used to stay in (for the purpose of collecting points). We've decided that we'd forgo the points just in this one city to stay here instead.

Truly impressive are the people who are at the front desk. The second time I stayed there, one of the front desk attendants called me by name, and she isn't even the one who I had dealt with to make my arrangements--she just happened to remember me. It all feels very personal.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and have gotten it every time. For all I know maybe all the rooms are qui...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kelly H, Director of Operations at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear marylandtransplant,

On behalf of our family here at the Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, I would like to thank you for your lovely and thoughtful review. Your perspective makes us very proud of what we do here and the experience that we create for our guests. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff; from the restaurant to the Front Desk, they will be very happy to hear how they affected your stay. Also, I would like to mention that we have a rewards program for our loyal guests as well. You can sign up at www.luxehotels.com/vip. We offer many complimentary benefits for each stay and 1 complimentary night for every 10 stays. Our Reservations and Front Desk team will also be more than happy to assist you in joining our program. Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon!
charlotte, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very nice property and the service is always excellent! We are always welcomed back like family, as we stay there several times per year visiting our daughter. The Luxe is convenient to everywhere, as it sits right off the 405. The restaurant is also fantastic for breakfast or dinner. Plus everytime you come, there is a free drink waiting in the bar! The price is far below other LA properties and the property is in the top 5.

Room Tip: It's worth the small extra $ to upgrade to a suite. It's so much larger and has a great sitt...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank seaajfc
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My room was 409 in the upper building. This room has a beaitiful panoramic view facing South. You will see the ocean to the right, and the lights of downtown LA to the left. The LUXE Sunset Boulevard has everything you want from the welcome glass of wine, to the friendly staff, to the spacious room. I will be back very soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear DaveD332,

Thank you so much for your review! I will be sure to pass on your kind words about our property to the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

P.S. Room 409 is one of my favorites as well
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had a great experience here. The rooms were very comfortable and surprisingly large. The staff was exceptionally helpful and obliging. Except for the road repair by the property which caused horrible back upus we loved it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lincoln, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Feel the rush and stress of the world fall away. I enjoyed a pleasant stay at the Luxe, where there was a feeling of serenity to soothe the soul. Staff were friendly, the room clean, comfortable, and attractively furnished. There were hints of the early glamor of star-studded Hollywood, business being conducted in a relaxed setting, with plenty of quiet areas for retreat. I had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: I had an upstairs room overlooking the patio below. It was quiet, with nice natural lighting.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kelly H, Director of Operations at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Laura F,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and detailed review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations in our Junior Suite. I would like to let you know that we are currently upgrading all of our televisions in the rooms and they will be compatible with different devices. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for the experience you had with our house car. We provide this complimentary service as a convenience to our guests and clearly that was not the case with you. I will most certainly review this particular incident with our staff to ensure that this does not happen again. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Your experience with our restaurant was not typical as well. We usually have rave revues about the food and service. I will bring up your issues with our Chef personally so that he may review this. I am pleased to hear that you would return to the property and I look forward to making your next visit very enjoyable! Please contact me when you plan on returning so that I may take care of the reservation personally. My contact information is kelly.hendrix@luxehotels.com.

I look forward to welcoming you again.