“Excellent”

Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
Ranked #17 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Great place to stay. Excellent service and facilities. Big rooms, great restaurant. Terrific for one night or two weeks. Convenient to everything. Staff extraordinarily helpful and courteous. Highly recommend this hotel for anyone's Los Angeles visit. Great for families too.

• Stayed February 2012
LWHS, General Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Adventure 360,

On behalf of the entire staff and management team, we thank you so kindly for sharing your positive comments and feedback about your recent stay. Your sentiments will be extended to the front of the house and heart of the house as a genuine representation of your guest experience. We hope to welcome you back to the Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel often!

Warm regards and Safe travels!

Amy Commans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The service provided by staff was impecable. We felt like we were at home with luxury touches. The only downside is you are not in walking distance to shops and cafes but the hotel cafe is very good and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: If the gym is important ask for a room close by or you will have a big hill to walk up...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great hotel, wonderful room and services.We'll definitely be back!! The staff in the bar and restaurant were especially attentive and gracious. Paul was a wonderful bartender; attentive service and attention to detail was beyond expectation. His personal recommendations on the what to-do's in LA were so helpful, especially considering we have never been to LA. We had a wonderful time! Thank you Paul!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Had a 2 night stay for a conference. First impression of the hotel was pleasant. Nice decor with a boutique feel. Chic lobby area with nice bar and restaurant. We had a room in the main building on the first floor very close to the lobby, which was very convenient.

Pros - Easy access to the highway and to nearby points of interest like Rodeo Drive etc. Very friendly staff. Large rooms. Good food and drinks in the restaurant and bar. Valet staff was very nice and always helpful. The rooms were very quiet especially considering the hotel was completely sold out. We were warned that staying in the main building may be noisy but that was definitely not the case at all.

Cons - Small uncomfortable beds. Small bathroom and sink area. Small TV (odd for a room so large). Extremely slow service during busy times (does not seem to be equipped to handle large groups). Multiple issues with hot water, or lack thereof, in both the sink and shower.

My husband misplaced a valuable portfolio and an electronic device one evening during meetings. The staff went out of their way to help him locate it. As it turned out, it was found and returned by a staff member named Javier. We were very grateful. I definitely would not have any concerns about security with the staff.

I highly recommend a king bed in this hotel as the queens were more like a small double.
If the hotel is full allow extra time for service at the bar and restaurant or plan to go offsite.

Room Tip: Request a king bed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Rafael, California
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I just wanted to send a quick note to tell you what a wonderful stay we had at your hotel. The staff was so gracious, even the housekeepers that we ran into that were cleaning in the common areas. The restaurant and common areas are very relaxing ~ perfect location to get to Santa Monica, Sunset Blvd and Rodeo and of course the beach.

Outstanding!! Thank you for making every detail perfect.

Room Tip: Rooms off the pool are lovely.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
los angeles, ca
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Hotel is clean and staff is OK. Unfortunately, after leaving the hotel, realized I was missing an expensive item from my suitcase. No help from management. This hotel is not covered under their insurance for items missing from your room. No cameras in the hallway. They basically brushed me off.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
LWHS, Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Ms. Aida W.,

On behalf of the staff and management, I offer our sincere regret for your lost or misplaced item. We take great pride in our level of customer care and apologize that you did not feel validated during your stay. Your constructive comments will be infused into our operational meetings. I hope you will give us another chance to return to the Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel in the near future.

With kind regards.

Amy Commans
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Not that I have anything against getting older - doin' it myself, you know. But from the musty smell of my delightfully spacious room, to the maddeningly oh-so-tiny very-low-def wall-mounted TV screen, to scratched furniture and darkly painted hallways, I have to say the Luxe let me down. Not that there wasn't plenty good, there was. To a person, the staff was attentive, hospitable and thoughtful. The wi-fi was complimentary and strong. My room with a balcony at the top on the hill overlooking the pool was quiet even though only a few yards from major construction on the 405. There was plenty of hot water for my tub showers but the water drained so slowly that I ended up standing in several inches of soapy water. Rooms at the top seem to be quiet but they are a steep up and down climb to the lovely bar and restaurant and hotel facilities below. I was bothered by the expensive parking fee, $26 per night, more than 10% of the net room cost itself. The Luxe is well-located for getting around LA, pretty much at the intersection of Sunset Blvd and the 405, a fact that is currently "good news / bad news." When the on and off ramps to the 405 are open, it's good news but at night when the construction workers are active, the ramps are closed and I found myself frighteningly trapped on the 405 without knowing how to get off and back to the hotel. Especially considering the high cost of parking, the parking staff needs to be kept more current about that situation during this lengthy construction period and provide the guests with some printed directions to and from home for those periods when the ramps are closed. The physical setting is lovely and the grounds well-kept, but some upgrading and thoughtful remodeling to the buildings themselves is very much needed. Would I return to the Luxe? Probably...but only when I was assured that the attention to these matters has been complete.

Room Tip: Stay above for quiet and the pool, below for the hotel "action."
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kelly H, Director of Operations at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear SantaFeB,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I apologize that we did not live up to your expectations. We greatly value the opinions of our guests and I would like to take this opportunity to address some of your observations. While we are very proud of the history of our property, we do understand that continuous upgrades and upkeep are extremely important to the overall experience of our guests. We are currently replacing all the televisions in the rooms to new 42" HD units. Also, we have recently added additional lighting, artwork, plants, and mirrors to the hallways in most of the property. In regards to the valet parking charge, we ensured that our fee was one of the lowest of our competitors in the area. Whenever there is road construction that we are made aware of, we are proactive and give our guests a map and detailed routes that are easy to follow. Apparently, this was not done in your case and I will follow up with our Manager as to why. I understand the frustration that this can cause and I am sorry that this happened to you. I would like to thank you for the kind remarks that you made about our staff and the setting of our hotel. I would also like to invite you to reach out to me personally at kelly.hendrix@luxehotels.com so that I may speak with you about returning and enjoying our new enhancements.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
West Hollywood
Chamberlain West Hollywood
Chamberlain West Hollywood
#5 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel? Share your experiences!