“The whole package”

Ranked #17 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
NSW, Australia
“The whole package”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I love this hotel and I promise I am not affiliated with them in any way. Just an overwhelmingly positive experience has led me to writing this review.

My fiancé stayed here in October 2010 and after hearing about his experience we had to stay together.
I had the pleasure of staying here for 11 nights. We stayed in a king suite in the main building.

The staff at this hotel actually love their job and enjoy making people (no matter who you are) feel important & valued. Valet, Bellmen, Front desk, Concierge, Restaurant, After hours managers and security all go above and beyond everyday. I've never stayed at a hotel that the staff are so consistently good.

The king suite is spacious & clean with a comfortable bed, good wifi and nice touches like a welcome drink & fruit; turn down with chocolate and daily newspapers.

The noise from the 405 is well screened by beautifully landscaped gardens. The area is safe. The only negative about the location is the off ramps/bridge area can be congested at peak hours but leaving 5-10 minutes earlier resolves that.

After a 6 week holiday in the US, this was a perfect way to end it. U can't wait to stay here again next year.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank kekwiatkowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Somerset england
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Eventualy pulled in to Hotel Luxe and we were knackerd to say the least, so we just got out the super shuttle transfer and picked up the bags and head to check in, then looking around something did not feel right, Yeah you guessed it wrong hotel luxe, they had taken us to the Sunset Blvd.
As soon as we asked for help at check in they fell over backwards to assist us, and we can not fault them or there attitude.
They tried to call super shuttle back for us, but were kept on hold for over 30min, and at this point my blood was boiling and I was ready to give some one a mouth full of abuse.
lucky for them ( super shuttle that is) would not help at all.

Hotel Luxe ordered us a taxi and even paid for it, $35, I think they were glad to get rid of us, and almost paid us to leave hahaha.
But saying that they were really helpfull and we cant thank them enough.
Evntualy arrived at the correct Hotle Luxe, so top tip make sure your at the correct Hotel Luxe if your from over seas like us, and dont have clue where you are in this vast city.
As for super shuttle, avoid them like the plauge, they are the worst airport tranfer company we have ever dealt with. While staying at Luxe Rodeo drive we witnessed other travelers having problems with pick up and rop of with super shuttle.blue vans.

Room Tip: Make sure you are dropped off at the correct hotel
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mike424u
New Jersey
Reviewed April 10, 2011

First off, the location of the hotel is unbeatable! Minutes away from Beverly hills, Santa Monica Pier, Pacific Palisades, you name it!! It is right in the heart of all the action.
As we drove up, we could not help but notice that the hotel was just off a major highway but once you go inside its a world of its own tucked in a beautiful setting of green.
The front desk staff was friendly and got us all set up in a matter of minutes. The room was large and roomy (It was a pleasant surprise considering the location the hotel was in). Housekeeping was great with turn-down service in the evenings along with fine chocolate!! Business center is a nice facility. They have nice apple mac and free printing for your boarding passes etc.
The management try its best to connect with the guests. We had Rejinald (The general manager) come and talk to us personally which was really nice. If you have a problem do not hesitate to talk to him. He will make sure your stay is pleasant. He simply is the best!
Some of the things the hotel could work on is upgrading its rooms with newer television sets and adding some color to the rooms. The front desk could include a concierge that provides guests with some insider info about the area. For the most part , they did not have a clue about the attractions around. Also, the Valet parking each time you get in and our could be a little annoying. There are too many valets hanging around all day.

But all in all, If you need a comfortable, friendly hotel in the heart of all the action at a reasonable price, this hotel is hard to beat! Go for it. You will not be disappointed!
Call them directly to book your room.

Room Tip: Book room with the hotel as opposed to priceline.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank itravellot
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 8, 2011

It is difficult to find a luxury set-up that works for families with teens, and this was perfect. We got a connecting room with my husband and I in the executive King suite and the kids in a connecting double. The rooms are very large and comfortable. We stayed on the spa level to be close to the pool and courts. We booked through Kayak and got both rooms for about $320 total (excluding tax and fees) -about what other luxury properties were charging for one room. We used the shuttle to go to the Getty and to UCLA, and the drivers were lovely! Chris was always early to pick us up, and so friendly. The staff seems eager to take care of any issues, and were always courteous. The only downside is the really small flat screens, and whatever they use to clean the carpets - not the smell you want when you walk in the door. What a nice surprise tucked right off the 405!

Room Tip: Ask for the spa level if you have a family
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JeanBW1979
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2011

After my recent stay, I asked myself what makes the difference between exceptional or outstanding service, which I’ve experienced elsewhere, and the extra something that was evident at this hotel. The thing I’ve been able to identify is that their employees are obviously well trained to deliver great service but in addition to this they also like working there and appear to enjoy the people they interact with. They were joyful and happy to do their jobs and we very much noticed and appreciated this distinction. People who genuinely like their jobs and their boss and their co-workers plus the people they are of service to is actually something that can’t be trained and is not easily defined but we all definitely know if when we see it. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank sonjaskage
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 14, 2011

This was my second stay at this property in the last 3 months and I can easliy say that it will not be the last. The service and the grounds are impeccable! The beds are quite comfortable, although just as the previous reviewer, I too confirmed a King bed and was given two doubles instead. I did not question the room switch since it was just me staying for the 3 nights. The restaurant on the property is very good, a little pricey but very good. The first night I stayed I had the Braised Short Rib Risotto...ridiculously good! Overall this was an excellent trip and I would recommend to business travelers who like spacious rooms and great service!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I am still actually staying here. I agree with everyone else that said its very noisy at this hotel. Its halfway through february and I read in another review that they planned on fixing it sometime in february. I really hope they do. I brought my girlfriend here for valentines day and really wish I hadn't wasted my money bringing her here. We arrived today feb 13 at around 3pm. expecting a welcome package since that was part or what I payed for as a suite package. It is now exactly 10:20pm and I am still waiting for it. I have called the front desk 3 times and they have reapetedly said it was on its way. Im still waiting. Another big setback was that the television was all blurry for about two hours until it "warmed up" and then it finally cleared up. I was going to update to the vista suite and the front desk lady first told me it would cost me $80 then a couple minutes later told me it wuld cost $100(come tolater find out they really only cost$ 40 to upgrade). Very unhappy w my experience I have stayed at hotels that are cheaper than this place around the area and have had way better experiences elsewhere. I am only 23 years old so im not super picky or hard to please. I just really expected alot more. I work really hard for my money and really feel dispointed about the way my experience was at this hotel. They could have at least compensated me a little bit for all the trouble I had but the people at the front desk really didn't seem to care. If manegement reads this and feels a need to hopefully somehow make things right I can be reached at [--]. if not oh well I guess that's how you guys like doing business and it sucks for a hardworking guy like me.

• Stayed February 2011
LuxeGM, General Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Dear maxornelas,

We do care about your experience and want everything to exceed your expectations when you stay with us. I am sorry your room type request was not fulfilled. Whenever possible we will upgrade upon availabilty if the room is not what you had hoped for, in your case without any additional fee. I will look into why this did not happen. Our televisions are relatively new wall mounted models and do not require any time to warm up. Occasionally there are wiring glitches that cause reception and image quality but those may be quickly rectified. Please contact me directly at the hotel and I will be happy to discuss remedies to the shortfalls you noted in your review and hope you consider staying with us in the future.

Reg Archambault
Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#14 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel? Share your experiences!