“Not Ideal”
Review of Kawada Hotel

Kawada Hotel
Ranked #249 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights to start off a three month trip across the US and Canada. The room was extremely small, the beds were very uncomfortable, the TV only displayed about 3 English speaking channels. The bathroom was dated, but was kept tidy. Granted, we did stay here because it was cheaper. But if I had my time over again I wouldn't stay in downtown LA. If I had no choice but to stay downtown, I would go somewhere else. The extra money would be worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank tjs010
KawadaHotel, General Manager at Kawada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

I'm sorry... I'm confused on this one... you stayed in Sept 2012, but wrote a review in August 2013?

john

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Don't go there guys. The only pro I can think of is the fact that it was clean... The cons, on the contrary, make a big list; The guy at the front desk looks like he smoked some spliff and did not shower in ten days, the rooms and the appliances look WAY too old, the TV is very small, there are false windows... NO!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rosie G
KawadaHotel, General Manager at Kawada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We are an older hotel in the Historic District of Los Angeles. I'm please you found the hotel clean and comfortable. Our staff is usually very attentive and well presented.
Thanks
John

Reviewed August 5, 2013

After reading a few reviews we were very scared to stay at this hotel. But it wasn't that bad. It's just your basic hotel for the price. Small rooms but clean room. The wait staff Ron and Derrick was very helpful!! We did have an issue with the valet price. They try to charge us $22.00 a night but i went on a website and seen the prices listed was different and Ron was able to honor this. Which end up being 11.00 a night. Pros:Very near to restaurants that are walking distance and it is also in the middle of everything. Cons: Very slow elevator.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
KawadaHotel, General Manager at Kawada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thanks for your comments. We did check the elevator and has service to improve the speed, We were able to improve the speed.
Thanks for staying with us.
John

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I love tgwt hitel. Everything was clean. All staff is respectful. No nuch amenities but that worked perfectly. I miss that i wouldn't be there more rime than a month. I loved the staff Mario and esteban. Surely i would return.

We appreciate your comments. Our staff tries hard to be sure you enjoy your stay. Most our employees are here longer than 6 years and some as long as 20 years. We always try to help with your needs.
Thanks
john

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The sad thing about this place is there are a few exceptional staff (a maid and the morning shift valet) and the others are beyond hopeless at their jobs. The room itself was relatively clean but the elevator smelled like sewerage. Noisy no matter what time of day or night, traffic and hallway noise and it's on top of a night club (next door). Valet parking is a sting at $22 per day and extra charge for wifi if you haven't booked a package. At night, it's not even valet at all! Park you car, lock it, run around the lobby to find the valet staff and don't forget to tip! Oh dear, come on Rawada, pick up your game.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank TigerReeves
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great location next to the metro station. The staff was really nice and friendly. The room was clean but really small and we couldn't close the window. It's an ok location for those if you spend most of the time outside the room

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ladynie12
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

OK it's not as bad as all that, but this hotel does love their surcharges and it is pretty grimy. You probably won't be paying just the low fee if you want to spend a night or two --- not if you want to park your car anywhere. There's no reliable parking on the street and the rates at the neighboring lot fluctuate quite a bit, but the hotel offers a valet service for $22 per day. I opted for that just because it was the only option available to me. So I'm settled in my room, car safely valet parked, and I go to load up my email, but I can't do that without paying $5 per device per day.
The advantage of this hotel is the location. It's near much of the historic Downtown, including the library, so if you're young and spritely and OK with walking a few blocks, you shouldn't have a problem with the wifi. Overall, everything evens out, but there are many ways this place could be improved.

• Stayed: June 2013