Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$296
  • Breakfast included
$127
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$199
$376
$359
  • Beachfront
4,044 results
All reviewsdowntown ladisney concert hallmuseum of contemporary artgrand cafenoe restaurantselect guestmusic centerbroad museumgreat hotelbunker hillwithin a mile radiusclub levelthe financial districtcar servicepershing squareroom servicevalet parking
Reviewed March 25, 2010

The Omni is primarily a business hotel given that it is adjacent to many banks and office buildings; but my husband and I spent a lovely weekend there during a hobby convention. The service was top-notch and because we joined their loyalty program, every morning complimentary coffee and orange juice were delivered to our door.

Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel restaurant is pricey, as we expected, but there are several more reasonable options nearby.

The Omni is next to Angel's Flight and in walking distance of the Music Center, Museum of Contemporary Art, and the LA Subway.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank uclady
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2010

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business and are happy to know that you have become a Select Guest member, so that you may continue to enjoy a more personalized experience with great amenities in the future. Downtown Los Angeles is fast becoming a leisure destination, as well as holding true to its business oriented feel. We would invite you to continue your exploration of the area and to call upon our world-class concierge team, as well, when your travels bring you back to the area. Thank you, again!

Reviewed March 25, 2010

Stayed here for a few days while our daughter was touring USC. This lovely hotel met and exceeded our expectations. The staff, without exception, was helpful and warm; the room was large, clean and stylish and the free car service came in very handy! Easy access to the freeways and especially to USC. Hotel parking was a bit pricey but the service timely and accommodating. I'd recommend joining Omni's frequent traveler club, the amenities are a great value.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2010

Thank you for your response! Our ongoing relationship with USC is one of great value to us, and we are always so glad to hear when students, friends and families of USC choose us as their lodging destination. We also thank you for mentioning our Select Guest program, as the amenities we offer are, indeed, a great value. We wish you and your daughter the best as you prepare for this next exciting chapter in life and hope to welcome you back to our property in the future!

Reviewed March 23, 2010

stayed at the omni downtown LA feb. 2010. 2 rooms, adjoining for 2 nights.

PROS: wonderful, large, clean rooms with floor to ceiling windows where we read and watched people around the fountains. beds were very comfortable. quiet. large bathrooms. room with 2 queens had a bath with tub/shower and also a separate shower. other king room with a tub/shower combo. took the free shuttle car to staples center twice. nice and quick service. my husband and i upgraded to the CLUB level status and THOROUGHLY enjoyed the buffet breakfast and drink hors de vours in the evening. the hors de vours were not just nuts and chips- lovely, shrimp- fruits, cheeses, and hot egg rolls one night- something else hot the other night. breakfast was very tasty as well. WELL worth the $50 per night cost. house red wine was GREAT! husband enjoyed his fill of Jack. fitness center was well equipped with equipment as well as medicine balls, etc. not busy at all- but we waited til 9am to work out (>:

CONS: not many to mention. the tv's were the old, large models. they need to upgrade to flat screens. valet parking was $30 per night.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kristinnoelle
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2010

Thank you for such a gracious review. We are delighted that your stay was worthy of such warm commentary! It is also wonderful to hear that your experience on our Club Level was not just pleasant, but a good value, as well. For an even more enhanced experience in the future, we would encourage you to explore the offerings of our Select Guest Program. There you find opportunities to create a more personalized stay with additional perks offered to our members. Enrollment is complimentary, details can be found on our website. Thank you, again, for choosing us as your home away from home! We would be so pleased to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2010

I travel frequently for business and usually stay in W, Ritz, Peninsula type hotels. This Omni is below my expectation for even your typical Westin. The room was dingy, not well-cleaned (black hairs in the soap dish), with stained carpeting and older panasonic tv and generally not up-to-date furnishings. More disappointingly, when I checked in I asked for a quiet room specifically. I was put on the 6th floor over what appeared to be a restaurant -- the Noe Lounge. I could hear music playing so I called down and questioned why I was assigned this room. I was assured by the front desk that there would be no music after 5 or so. It is now 930 and music still playing. I called down to ask what could be done and was told the hotel was fully sold out. I then said I would be checking out early the next day. UPDATE: a very nice and apologetic assistant manager named Gloria escorted me to a room on the top floor. She pledged to speak to the person who checked me in because the room I was given "is not one of their quieter rooms" and the music in the lounge goes on until midnight, so what I was told about the music stopping at 5 was untrue. I am debating about switching hotels tomorrow given that this second room is fine and management did respond effectively in the end.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Frequent_TravelsSF
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2010

Thank you for your comments. We are disappointed that we did not initially provide you with a room that exceeded your past hotel experiences. Additionally, that there was miscommunication regarding our lounge entertainment, thus disrupting your rest is also a matter of concern. Please know we will use this incident to deepen the training of our staff to prevent a future occurrance. Alternatively, we are exceptionally grateful that you gave us an opportunity to rectify the situation and provide you with another room in a quieter location, and we appreciate that you made mention of the assistance provided by our management staff. We certainly hope that the remainder of your stay is tranquil and pleasant and that you will reconsider us in the future, so that we may provide you with a seamless experience across the board. Thank you, again, for your candor; your comfort remains our utmost priority.

Reviewed March 5, 2010

Decent hotel, however nothing stands out as exceptional. I was there for a business meeting so it met my needs for location. Bed was comfortable. I personally prefer more counter space in bathrooms & the sink had a crack in it. Gym had nice equipment, but all treadmills & eliptical machines were in use by a few minutes after 5am so seemed small for size of hotel. I liked that there was a little convenience store & a bunch of decent places to grab lunch within the block due to the business location. Hotel food was good. Since I'm not a regular at Omni hotels, didn't get the turn-down service -- saw the cart & looked like nice treats. Front desk was friendly & efficient.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay with us! We do offer a wonderful Select Guest program for our guests that provides benefits including complimentary beverage and newspaper delivered in the morning, and complimentary WiFi service. Please view our website for more details. We hope you take adavantage of our program during a future stay at any Omni Hotels. In addition, we do pride ourselves on providing quality service and product to our guests. We would appreciate knowing which guestroom you stayed in so we can repair the crack in the bathroom sink. A personal email will be sent to you for privacy purposes. We're happy to hear you were able to find the little jewels surrounding our hotel, and hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.