“Omni Hotel Downtown LA”

Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Ranked #9 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Always a great stay here. Service in the 17th floor lounge is excellent. Staff extremely friendly. I have stayed here nearly ten times and never been disappointed. In-house restaurant (Noe') is also quite good. Essentially "next door" to the Disney Performing Arts Center and the California Museum of Modern Art.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (3,884)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

(英文の後に日本語)
We stayed at this hotel only one night at the beginning of this month.
We had very short time for sightseeing but wud like to see the space shuttle at Cal. Science Ctr.
As we couldn't make a reservation online, I asked the concierge lady whether we could see it on the day. She quickly called the center and confirm that if we enter the venue before 3:40, we could see it. As a result, we successfully made it. I asked her some more questions on other things and her advice was all good enough and quick. She was friendly and very kind.

Location is good and close to the Union Station by taxi.]

The shelf in the shower booth was broken and we couldn't put shampoo bottles.Otherwise, the guestroom was comfortable enough.

Breakfast in the restaurant is good and the price is fair.

3月はじめの1泊だけの利用でした。

アメニティは充実していて満足しました。バスタブとシャワーブースにかなり距離があったのと、
シャワーブースの棚が取れていてシャンプー類が置けなかったのは残念でした。
館内レストランの朝食は値段はそれほど高くなく、料理も場所も寛げて合格点です。

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

We are delighted to hear you had the opportunity to see the space shuttle at the California Science Center. Our concierges are a wonderful team who goes above and beyond for our guests. They will be so happy to know they could help you out.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I love the Omni hotel in Los Angeles. It is beautifully located and the staff are always pleasant. As usual, I had a perfect trip. It is pricy, but worth the money for convenience and location near the LA Music Center.

1  Thank Eileen S
Reviewed March 26, 2014

One night in L A for some Oscar Fun. Nice room at a reasonable price.... good size bathroom. Very busy 24 hours..... not in the room much but overall no complaints.... except room should include wine glasses.... but when requested they arrived quickly.

Room Tip: Spa and Breakfast were not terrible but I did not partake in either and rating would not re-set.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed in a king deluxe room on the 11th floor at the Omni Hotel for two nights in late March for $166 per night (used a TripAdvisor discount deal). I was expecting much more given the hotel's #3 ranking and fantastic reviews.

The hotel itself is quite old. While the room was immaculate and spacious for a city hotel room, I was disappointed by the bathroom. The bathroom comes with a separate bathtub and shower. However, the bathtub is way too shallow to take a proper bath. Also, in addition to quilt pillows, the bed only came with two regular pillows for a king-sized bed. Finally, given the age of the hotel, we heard a lot of noise from the hallway. I would recommend requesting a corner room or a room at the end of the hallway. Otherwise, the room was equipped with regular amenities - shampoo/condition, mini fridge, comfy bathrobes, etc. Definitely sign up for the rewards program to get a free drink in the morning and free bottle of water on night of arrival.

Valet parking is $30 per night and worked efficiently. The hotel offers a car service within a 3-mile radius, but they only have one car. At the time we tried to use the car service, there were three groups already waiting and we ultimately decided to walk to our destination. There are plenty of taxis outside the hotel. Without a car, access to other parts of the city from downtown is quite inconvenient. The hotel is, however, walking distance to Little Tokyo, Olvera Street, and other areas of downtown.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

We are disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback, and hope that we can have the opportunity to impress you in a future visit here or at any Omni Hotels & Resorts.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We recently returned from a three night stay at the Omni (Mar 14-17) for my eldest daughter's volleyball tournament at the LA Convention Center. I usually try to avoid LA unless we're going to Disneyland...and that's becoming few and far between.

Our stay at the Omni was very nice. Rooms were nicely done, and the beds; albeit doubles - were very comfortable. Valet service was spot on. Although they told us to call ahead 30 minutes before we needed our car, we usually called 10-15 and our car was waiting for us. The valets were very helpful. They even offered to drive us to a downtown restaurant one early evening because they saw us starting to walk. They were helpful with directions as well. The $30 fee to valet seemed a bit steep, but it was downtown LA and a real nice hotel, so I just rolled with it.

We did go to Noe's - or I should say, sat just outside Noe's for drinks and some dessert on a couple of evenings. Nice attentive service and atmosphere.

Staff overall seemed very friendly. We did have one problem with our bill. I had booked through another service at a different rate as what showed on my folio. It took some time to clear up, but it seemed to be taken care of (I'll see when I get my bill...their paperwork seemed a bit confusing on the breakdown. Even my brainiac wife looked at in a bit confused when looking over all the corrections).

Overall, I was very impressed with the Omni. I'd stay there again if I needed a downtown hotel. If you're willing to walk, there are several nice restaurants within a short radius. The area is safe and clean with no concerns.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Eric M
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I travel to LA frequently and stay at this Omni a couple of times a month. Everything works well at this hotel. I usually arrive earlier than the check in time but they always let me check in early. Front desk staff if awesome. Never had a problem at this hotel. The food is both the cafe and restaurant is very good. Highly recommend if you need a hotel in downtown LA!

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

We are so appreciative of your loyalty to us. It warms our hearts to know we could provide a "home away from home" for you. We look forward to your next visit.