“Quick Trip to LA”

Ranked #8 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Calgary, Canada
“Quick Trip to LA”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

One night in L A for some Oscar Fun. Nice room at a reasonable price.... good size bathroom. Very busy 24 hours..... not in the room much but overall no complaints.... except room should include wine glasses.... but when requested they arrived quickly.

Room Tip: Spa and Breakfast were not terrible but I did not partake in either and rating would not re-set.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Deborah M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed in a king deluxe room on the 11th floor at the Omni Hotel for two nights in late March for $166 per night (used a TripAdvisor discount deal). I was expecting much more given the hotel's #3 ranking and fantastic reviews.

The hotel itself is quite old. While the room was immaculate and spacious for a city hotel room, I was disappointed by the bathroom. The bathroom comes with a separate bathtub and shower. However, the bathtub is way too shallow to take a proper bath. Also, in addition to quilt pillows, the bed only came with two regular pillows for a king-sized bed. Finally, given the age of the hotel, we heard a lot of noise from the hallway. I would recommend requesting a corner room or a room at the end of the hallway. Otherwise, the room was equipped with regular amenities - shampoo/condition, mini fridge, comfy bathrobes, etc. Definitely sign up for the rewards program to get a free drink in the morning and free bottle of water on night of arrival.

Valet parking is $30 per night and worked efficiently. The hotel offers a car service within a 3-mile radius, but they only have one car. At the time we tried to use the car service, there were three groups already waiting and we ultimately decided to walk to our destination. There are plenty of taxis outside the hotel. Without a car, access to other parts of the city from downtown is quite inconvenient. The hotel is, however, walking distance to Little Tokyo, Olvera Street, and other areas of downtown.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
We are disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback, and hope that we can have the opportunity to impress you in a future visit here or at any Omni Hotels & Resorts.
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We recently returned from a three night stay at the Omni (Mar 14-17) for my eldest daughter's volleyball tournament at the LA Convention Center. I usually try to avoid LA unless we're going to Disneyland...and that's becoming few and far between.

Our stay at the Omni was very nice. Rooms were nicely done, and the beds; albeit doubles - were very comfortable. Valet service was spot on. Although they told us to call ahead 30 minutes before we needed our car, we usually called 10-15 and our car was waiting for us. The valets were very helpful. They even offered to drive us to a downtown restaurant one early evening because they saw us starting to walk. They were helpful with directions as well. The $30 fee to valet seemed a bit steep, but it was downtown LA and a real nice hotel, so I just rolled with it.

We did go to Noe's - or I should say, sat just outside Noe's for drinks and some dessert on a couple of evenings. Nice attentive service and atmosphere.

Staff overall seemed very friendly. We did have one problem with our bill. I had booked through another service at a different rate as what showed on my folio. It took some time to clear up, but it seemed to be taken care of (I'll see when I get my bill...their paperwork seemed a bit confusing on the breakdown. Even my brainiac wife looked at in a bit confused when looking over all the corrections).

Overall, I was very impressed with the Omni. I'd stay there again if I needed a downtown hotel. If you're willing to walk, there are several nice restaurants within a short radius. The area is safe and clean with no concerns.

1 Thank Eric M
Sun Lakes, Arizona
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I travel to LA frequently and stay at this Omni a couple of times a month. Everything works well at this hotel. I usually arrive earlier than the check in time but they always let me check in early. Front desk staff if awesome. Never had a problem at this hotel. The food is both the cafe and restaurant is very good. Highly recommend if you need a hotel in downtown LA!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

We are so appreciative of your loyalty to us. It warms our hearts to know we could provide a "home away from home" for you. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was the first time I have stayed at an Omni Hotel but would definitely do so again. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. The front desk staff were efficient. Check in and check out was painless. The car was brought from valet really quickly. Rooms very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

We are so pleased to hear we could impress you during your first visit to an Omni. We hope you will visit us as well as other Omni Hotels & Resorts in the future.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My recent stay at the Omni was a wonderful experience! I was in LA to attend the ASCD conference from March 15-17th, and I was truly delighted by the hotel and wonderful staff. The hotel is stunning, and attention to detail is everywhere. Check in was the quickest I have ever experienced and the chocolate covered apples and fruit/berry infused water was quite impressive. My colleagues stayed at various hotels and the Omni, by far, was the most beautiful. Our beautiful room on the 7th floor overlooked a scenic courtyard complete with water fountains and what looked to be a concert stage area for the summer. I entertained several guests the first evening and room service brought me up several extra wine glasses. The next evening, without requesting the same, an ice bucket with ice and extra glasses were waiting for me in my room for when I returned from the Conference. Again, attention to detail! Our room was spacious, comfortable and surpassed all the expectations I had prior to arrival. The hotel is within walking distance to lots of attractions and the hotel car is available without hesitation. I am already looking forward to returning to this hotel when I visit LA in the future. This is the first review I have ever written on any site. I felt compelled to write this one as I think that the Omni team did a fantastic job of making our stay special and personal. Thank you for engaging with us the way you did and rest assured we will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tracy M
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed here with my husband and teenage daughters. It is a beautiful hotel with great staff. The valets were really helpful in navigating our way through L.A. The restaurant and bar inside the hotel were also great. Only stayed one night, but would definitely return.

1 Thank shrink711