“Great Service, Great Location, Great Hotel”

Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Ranked #9 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Memphis, United States
“Great Service, Great Location, Great Hotel”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The most important thing about this hotel is the staff, who will go out of their way to take care of you. As a joke with my son, I made a silly request online when booking. I asked for a picture of Pat Sajak to be placed in my room. When I checked in, they had indeed had a framed picture of Pat Sajak on the desk in the room. Made for a big laugh for my son and me. Room was nice and comfortable. Shower was hot, and with the highest pressure you'll find outside of a fire hose. Would recommend without hesitation.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Poland
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Excellent location, outperforming accomodation. Nothing to complain on, not much to improve. Clean, tidy, silent room, good service. Complimentary WiFi requires Guest card, but that can be arranged online. Very helpful and efficient concierge.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I just got back from L.A and stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The overall experience was amazing. The staff was very nice and professional. I had breakfast twice at Grand café, you can pick between the buffet and a la carte. I picked the buffet option each time and it was amazing. The omelets were super good and my server Abraham was spectacular. He made sure I was ok and didn't need anything. I also had dinner 2 nights at Noe Bar, I really loved the grown and sexy décor of the bar. I had a burger both times and it was very good. Didn't have time to use the gym and the pool or get massages at the spa. The hotel was clean, the lobby was really nice with fresh flowers, the bed was very comfortable, didn't even want to get up. I was so satisfied I signed up for a club membership and will now try to stay at other Omni hotels when I travel. My only negative comment is that my room hadn't been used in a while so there was dust on the nightstands and my bathroom toilet wasn't very clean. Also, the hotel provides robes but no slippers. But overall, I had a great experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Diachel
London
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I arrived very late at night and was given a room about as far from the elevator as possible - two very long corridor lengths to walk. The room was quiet but had not been used in some time - it was a bit dusty and there was a piece of trash in the garbage can. Clean enough but not great. I then tried to call to find out where breakfast would be served in the morning but no answer to ANY of the phone numbers - front desk, bell desk, concierge, guest services. I don't know if they all go to the same person or what was going on but I had to go down to the front desk, find someone to ask and then go back up to the 3rd floor for breakfast. The staff at breakfast were wonderful - so attentive and super professional. One of the best omelette bars I've ever experienced: light, fluffy, beautifully cooked and presented. Then, as I left, I had about a 4 block walk to my appointment but the bellmen insisted on having the hotel car take me so I was handed into a nice car which then drove me to my appointment. Lovely, elegant service indeed. So, overall a mixed experience but would probably return.

1 Thank TallSuzy
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
We sincerely apologize for the hiccups in our service. We appreciate your feedback, and strive to ensure these issues don't happen to you or our other guests. We hope you will give us the opportunity to be your "home away from home" again.
Plainfield, IL, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have stayed at the Omni in Los Angeles many times. I am never disappointed. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. The location is perfect because the office I needed to visit is right in the plaza.

San Jose, CA, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I had a very positive experience at the Omni Hotel. The property and staff were first rate. The room was well appointed and clean. I also made use of the hotel's complimentary limo service - which is provided for stops within a 2 miles radius of the hotel. I'll definitely consider staying at the Omni Hotel the next time I travel to LA.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Corona Del Mar,CA
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Each step of the way with this hotel worked fine. Easy reservation, easy (valet) arrival, easy check in, room was ready with special pillow I requested. There were a couple of minor maintenance issue (non functional light, bathtub drain would not retain water) I mentioned both to the front desk and they got fixed quickly.

The room (13th floor) was nice and big, ultra clean and a good view. Only complaint is the bed was a sway backed on one side, a bit less so on the other but clearly it was aged.

The bar and restaurant on the 3rd floor is excellent and rationally priced. I had more than enough to eat with an appetizer and a really good veggie side (green beans and mushrooms) -- add in a dry martini and I still got out for under $50.

The hotel is on a hill -- Bunker Hill -- you will realize that if you walk a lot like I do -- uphill for sure!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. We have notified the appropriate department heads to investigate the issue with the bed, and to make any necessary repairs. We appreciate your time, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.