“The only place to stay”

Ranked #8 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Melbourne, Australia
“The only place to stay”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed here for three nights at the end of a month long stay in California (hopping through all these towns from LA to SF.

This was by far the best we stayed in outside of Vegas. Very clean, great value and such professional service. It was genuinely hard to believe this is right in the centre of such a busy city, the atmosphere was so peaceful and tranquil. It was such a relaxing few days and we even spotted a couple of celebrities staying in the hotel as well having their own quiet get away.

We can't wait to go back and this is the only place we will stay in while in LA again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
How wonderful that you were able to have such a leisurely visit of our wonderful state. We're thrilled that you had such a relaxing stay with us and that we could exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return visit to Los Angeles!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Memphis, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The most important thing about this hotel is the staff, who will go out of their way to take care of you. As a joke with my son, I made a silly request online when booking. I asked for a picture of Pat Sajak to be placed in my room. When I checked in, they had indeed had a framed picture of Pat Sajak on the desk in the room. Made for a big laugh for my son and me. Room was nice and comfortable. Shower was hot, and with the highest pressure you'll find outside of a fire hose. Would recommend without hesitation.

Poland
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Excellent location, outperforming accomodation. Nothing to complain on, not much to improve. Clean, tidy, silent room, good service. Complimentary WiFi requires Guest card, but that can be arranged online. Very helpful and efficient concierge.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I just got back from L.A and stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The overall experience was amazing. The staff was very nice and professional. I had breakfast twice at Grand café, you can pick between the buffet and a la carte. I picked the buffet option each time and it was amazing. The omelets were super good and my server Abraham was spectacular. He made sure I was ok and didn't need anything. I also had dinner 2 nights at Noe Bar, I really loved the grown and sexy décor of the bar. I had a burger both times and it was very good. Didn't have time to use the gym and the pool or get massages at the spa. The hotel was clean, the lobby was really nice with fresh flowers, the bed was very comfortable, didn't even want to get up. I was so satisfied I signed up for a club membership and will now try to stay at other Omni hotels when I travel. My only negative comment is that my room hadn't been used in a while so there was dust on the nightstands and my bathroom toilet wasn't very clean. Also, the hotel provides robes but no slippers. But overall, I had a great experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Diachel
London
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I arrived very late at night and was given a room about as far from the elevator as possible - two very long corridor lengths to walk. The room was quiet but had not been used in some time - it was a bit dusty and there was a piece of trash in the garbage can. Clean enough but not great. I then tried to call to find out where breakfast would be served in the morning but no answer to ANY of the phone numbers - front desk, bell desk, concierge, guest services. I don't know if they all go to the same person or what was going on but I had to go down to the front desk, find someone to ask and then go back up to the 3rd floor for breakfast. The staff at breakfast were wonderful - so attentive and super professional. One of the best omelette bars I've ever experienced: light, fluffy, beautifully cooked and presented. Then, as I left, I had about a 4 block walk to my appointment but the bellmen insisted on having the hotel car take me so I was handed into a nice car which then drove me to my appointment. Lovely, elegant service indeed. So, overall a mixed experience but would probably return.

1 Thank TallSuzy
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
We sincerely apologize for the hiccups in our service. We appreciate your feedback, and strive to ensure these issues don't happen to you or our other guests. We hope you will give us the opportunity to be your "home away from home" again.
Plainfield, IL, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have stayed at the Omni in Los Angeles many times. I am never disappointed. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. The location is perfect because the office I needed to visit is right in the plaza.

San Jose, CA, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I had a very positive experience at the Omni Hotel. The property and staff were first rate. The room was well appointed and clean. I also made use of the hotel's complimentary limo service - which is provided for stops within a 2 miles radius of the hotel. I'll definitely consider staying at the Omni Hotel the next time I travel to LA.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple