“Wedding night bliss”

Ranked #7 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Culver City, California
“Wedding night bliss”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our wedding night (wedding held elsewhere). I checked in the morning of the ceremony, somewhat early. They had no problem storing our luggage all day and arranged for it to be moved to the room when available. They also said that a friend could pick up our key, or it would be waiting for us on the side of the front desk. When we got there that night after dinner and celebrating we found out we had been upgraded to a huge suite. Our luggage had been moved to the room. In the room we were greeted by champagne on ice, bread/fruit/cheese, and flower petals on the bed laid out in the shape of a heart. Breakfast was thrown in, and they even comp'd our valet parking. The staff at the Omni went above and beyond to make the night (almost) as memorable as the day it followed, and we thank them. We live locally so not sure we will have opportunity to return, but we are looking forward to trying other Omni properties.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Congratulations again on your marriage! We were honored that you chose to share this special occasion with us, and it was our pleasure to be able to help make it even more magical at the end of the day. We hope you will remember Omni as your friend as you embark on this new journey together.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Felingwmuchaf, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Now back home,after a few weeks in a Greek island (kos).. I didn't have enough free time to leave a comment .
We have stayed to Omni in July.

Such an amazing place... Everyone very friendly. There is so much attention to detail that it is really difficult to describe. I stayed there with my wife and my daughter.. Everything was perfect,very well organized.the view and the sunset indescribable .the food was awesome and room service very fast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay with us in July. We are happy to know we could exceed your expectations, and that your visit to Los Angeles was an enjoyable one. It is nice to hear you and your family arrived home safely, and we look forward to having you with us again in the future.
Avon, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

First time staying in downtown LA. I have always had great luck with Omnis in other cities and the Omini Downtown LA did not disappoint. The staff made me feel so welcomed. The room was so clean and well-appointed. The bathroom was very nice and I love the space and the separate shower and tub. The fitness center has bright and cheerful and it had all the equipment that I needed. The pool is rather small but other hotels I looked at downtown didn't even have one. I would look forward to staying at this Omni should I need to stay in downtown LA again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Your care is of our utmost concern, and we appreciate knowing that we could exceed your expectations during your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back here in Los Angeles as well as at our other Omni Hotels & Resorts.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had to be in Downtown LA for a two-night business trip, and this was perfect. I don't love Downtown for much other than business, so the Omni was a great choice. Staff is spectacular, rooms are gorgeous, and have plenty of well-placed outlets for all your gadgets. Great mobile phone reception (I have AT&T) and good wifi.

The Noe restaurant and lounge were wonderful -- very classy -- and I ended up just eating there both nights with clients and friends. The bartender made me something special when I said I felt like some type of martini with fresh juice, and it was lovely.

The few blemishes during my stay were regarding some things overlooked by the staff, which was surprising. When I checked in, the guy at front desk was so nice.... I think it was William... but I realized later he never asked me if I had an Omni rewards #, which I do, so I had to remember on my own later and give to them at checkout. Also, I had to ask for a key to my minibar... it was never offered to me while I was checking in, which was odd. I only realized to ask once the person next to me was handed hers.

The first afternoon I was there getting settled in and changing for dinner, someone from housekeeping tried to open my door without even knocking, just yelling "housekeeping room check". She would have barged in on me if I didn't have the security bar in place. I was right near the door and definitely did NOT hear her knock first. Also that night I asked for some pillows and extra towels and they brought me towels only, so I had to ask again.

But overall, everything else was great and I'll definitely keep this on my list for travel to LA when I have to be Downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a good view. I didn't, and my room (1224) was looking out over low-income housing.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sologirltraveler
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We appreciate your feedback and will share your experience with our management team to ensure we make improvements in the areas you mentioned. It was an honor to be of service and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Detroit, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel is awesome! I'm so glad that I picked this hotel to stay to celebrate my birthday. The staff was great, the rooms are clean and the location was perfect. When I come back to visit LA I will absolutely stay at the Omni Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

We are so glad we could be part of your birthday celebration. It sounds like you had a great time and we look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Los Angeles!
United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as it was in the area for a wedding we were attending. Couldnt fault the room - modern, clean and comfortable bed wii-fii was not free however we joined the loyalty scheme which gave it complimentary - worth it! Fruit water in the lobby was a nice touch and welcomed after a day's sightseeing. I would recommend this hotel only downside for me being a typical tourist was it was a bit far out from the main tourist areas of Hollywood, Beverley Hills etc. having said that we got a tap card and took the red line underground which was very easy and straight forward!

We are glad you could enjoy the various amenities that we offer, including those for our Select Guest members and that your stay was comfortable. We hope you will consider returning when your travels bring you to Los Angeles.
Milton Keynes
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights at the end of September. Our booking, via Navelar, had been cancelled following the agency's going into administration. Fortunately, the Omni matched the offer I had received from Navelar when they were under no obligation to do so. They also provided free wi-fi and complimentary coffee/juice. They also run a limited, but complimentary shuttle service to local destinations that we took advantage of. The hotel is well located for downtown eateries and conveniently located for metro bus and train services. There's a coffee shop on site and a well stocked deli adjacent to the property. The room was clean, modern, spacious and well appointed. Not sure that down town was the best location to stay as it took an age to get anywhere but maybe that's just the nature of LA. Whilst I wouldn't necessarily stay at this omni hotel again, given it's distance from the 'sights', I'd certainly look to stay in an omni again given the high standards and service levels of this hotel.

Room Tip: Had a room high up with a view of the Disney concert hall. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple