“Top Notch”

Ranked #9 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Milton Keynes
“Top Notch”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights at the end of September. Our booking, via Navelar, had been cancelled following the agency's going into administration. Fortunately, the Omni matched the offer I had received from Navelar when they were under no obligation to do so. They also provided free wi-fi and complimentary coffee/juice. They also run a limited, but complimentary shuttle service to local destinations that we took advantage of. The hotel is well located for downtown eateries and conveniently located for metro bus and train services. There's a coffee shop on site and a well stocked deli adjacent to the property. The room was clean, modern, spacious and well appointed. Not sure that down town was the best location to stay as it took an age to get anywhere but maybe that's just the nature of LA. Whilst I wouldn't necessarily stay at this omni hotel again, given it's distance from the 'sights', I'd certainly look to stay in an omni again given the high standards and service levels of this hotel.

Room Tip: Had a room high up with a view of the Disney concert hall. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed October 3, 2013

A quick trip to checkout colleges with my son. We stayed at the Omni in Downtown LA. Perfect location for us, close to USC for him and close to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, Japan-town and some great restaurants for me! Staff was friendly, very professional and quick to respond. The lobby and check in smelled like tropical flowers, wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Coronado, California
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is an excellent, comfortable, quiet hotel within walking distance of MOCA and Disney. The food in the lounge is fantastic, so that package is a great deal. We also found the temperature controls in the room to be very easy to use, and since I hate staying in a room that's too cold, this was an important benefit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Riverside, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I just wanted to say that your staff took care of all my needs like no other hotel has ever done. They were on top of everything I needed at all times with the biggest smile on there face. I really felt they enjoyed there job because no matter what I needed they were on top of it at all times. I have stayed at other hotels (I am not sure why I would ) and they do not even come close to your service that you gave me and my wife. I would like to thank you for making my stay with my wife the most enjoyable time ever. Thank you so much!!!!!!

1 Thank Marc M
East Kilbride, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Wow what a great hotel with really friendly front desk and concierge staff. Location nice and quiet but easy to get to metro and buses. We also received champagne and fruit to celebrate our anniversary making it a great holiday. Would definitely use again.

1 Thank Graham M
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This well appointed, well managed hotel gives you the opportunity to walk in LA and enjoy the CA air and sunshine. A gem in a great location where too often one "needs" a car to visit. The proximity to the Disney Auditorium, Olvera Street, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, etc made it the perfect base of operation for our trip. Omin has gotten this one just right.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Woodinville, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is a real gem - spotlessly clean, the most comfortable bed I've ever had in a hotel, the staff were great about my request for extra towels and the turn down service was a very special added touch. We thought about staying at the Checkers Hilton and LA Live ($$$) because we were attending a concert at Staples Center but we are SO GLAD we went with Omni. We will stay again - it is TOP NOTCH.