“Nice upscale hotel”

Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Ranked #9 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very nice hotel that makes you feel important upon check-in. I was very tired and they wanted to take care of me with offers and making sure I received the room I wanted. The service is nice and the hotel is very clean. Inside the room, they have a small window that opens for fresh air which I really liked. The rooms are up to date and have a nice décor. The bed was comfortable and had a good night of rest. They use high quality bedding.

Room Tip: The higher floors have the nicer views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ToddB252
Write a ReviewReviews (3,885)

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I was a little hesitant to say here as my wife and I usually stay at 5 star hotels on the west side when we are in LA. However, we had things happening both East and West this time and had to pick something central. From valet to valet there was great service, a very clean and pleasant and nice looking product. There may not
be brass all over but you get the same service, food quality and attentiveness as the Four Seasons. I think we will definitely stay here from now on. The hilight was our breakfast on check out day, the Manager Terri was very involved with the satisfaction of the guests, nothing was a problem. And of course our server, I think Diana was super polite and also just going above and beyond without us even asking. Great, great stay!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank varj7
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the Omni hotel in downtown LA in early July 2013.
It is a great location for the Disney Concert Hall (LA Philharmonic), and the LA Museum of Contemporary Arts (practically next door).
It also has easy access to Pershing Square, where the cheap and much-underused subway runs from.
There are some great nearby bars and restaurants (Perch and the Rooftop at the Standard bars, and Bottega Louie, and Cafe Pinot restaurants).
The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. The rooms themselves were large, and very comfortable. Very reasonable compared to the Beverly Hills and Hollywood hotels too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PDrought
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Was here for two nights this week attending a conference at a nearby office. This hotel is adjoining a plaza where there are a multitude of lunch restaurants, coffee, fountains, and performance locations. Also a modern art museum and a short walk to the Disney theater.

Received a nice welcome from the bellman who took the time to read my bag tags so he could greet me by name. The front desk staff were equally warm and gracious, asking me if I wanted a minibar key rather than just assuming I would...I like that.

The room at first appeared a bit dated,but once I got settled, I thought differently. The furniture was all in fine condition. The bed was comfortable with good pillows and covers. Housekeeping brought me a replacement razor to the one I had forgotten most quickly. The bath had a shower and a tub, and the towels were soft and numerous. Plenty of toiletries and mouthwash.

Flat screen TV was just fine, adequate selection of stations. I was on the 11th floor and had a fine view of the plaza.

I did not not pay for this room, but if the rate is what I see previous posters showing, this is a great value for a downtown hotel. Absolutely would return any time in LA.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank taxman53
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your enjoyable experience during your recent stay with us. We are glad you were able to experience such personalized service during your visit and hope you will select Omni Hotels during your future travel.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have recently stayed at this hotel and i could not fault it in any way, we stayed on the 16th floor which gave us access to complimentary breakfast , and complimentary drinks all day.Between 5 and 8 pm you could choose either soft drinks or beers wines and even spirits if you wanted. The room was spacious very clean, room service was fantastic very good value for money, staff were very helpful and there was a courtesy car which would take you within a three mile radius of the hotel.The location was very good, taxis were plentiful, but there was also a very good metro train service within a few minutes walk of the hotel,for one dollar 50 cent you could travel to universal city station which is the universal theme park station with free transport to the park from there approx 20 minutes by train. Found downtown los angelos very dirty and a lot of down and outs, but once you got away from that area very good. I have a major issue with tipping
in America not because i am mean but it is so much in your face 18 to 20 per cent is what they recommend whether the service was good or poor they expect it, back home in Uk we tip if you have had a good experience not because you have to, every where you go even in some retail outlets they expect. Back to hotel Omni well recommend and i would certainly be going back there.

Room Tip: Recommended, upgrade to club room for additions service , drinks and complimentary breakfast etc.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank norman p

Thank you for sharing your experience with us about your stay. We are glad you were able to enjoy the amenities in the Club Lounge and that you found it convenient to navigate your way through Los Angeles using the nearby transportation systems. Our towncar is available for complimentary transporation within a three mile radius should you need that as an option on your return visit.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Everyone has their own experience but I can't imagine rating the Omni average or worse. We found it superior to the Marriott or Hilton in terms of accommodations and in terms of service, more comparable to the Four Seasons or the myth thereof. Rooms are attractive, beds and pillows are comfortable, internet is fast and reliable and the A/C maintains a comfortable consistent temperature throughout the day and night which is conducive to a good nights sleep.
As far as the valet parking, in itself $40/night seems pretty expensive but when combined with the very reasonable room cost, still makes for a competitive package. Omni members get free "deluxe" internet which saves $9.95/night.
My only recommendation/criticism is....unless you are unbelievably hungry and need to eat between 6:30AM and 8AM don't spend $22 per person on the buffet breakfast, get something off the menu at half the price. And if you can wait until 8AM, don't eat breakfast at the hotel at all.
In terms of location I would definitely recommend over the nearby Hilton or Biltmore

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary B

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to sleep well while in our care. We look forward to your return stay with us.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

In May 2013, my fiancé and I (in our late twenties) stayed at Omni Hotel Los Angeles for two nights. We enjoyed our stay very much. Our room (1328 – Standard Queen) was spacious and clean and the design was quite lavish. The bathroom was spacious and clean, too, and we especially liked the fact that there were both a shower and bathtub.

We ordered room service twice and both the food and service were good. As a member of the hotel’s select guest program, we also received free juice for breakfast and the option to buy some extras such as bagels, yoghurt, etc. The hotel lost our order on our last morning; however, when we called the room service, we received the breakfast within a short time – and we even got it complimentary as an apology which we appreciated.

Wifi is free, if you are signed up for the select guest program. Parking is up to 40$ per night (valet parking).

The staff was very friendly.

The hotel is located very conveniently. It is a 5-minutes walk to the next Metro station (Pershing St.) and the Metro takes you directly to Hollywood/Walk of Fame in about 15 minutes (stop: Hollywood/Highland).

We paid about 130 € per night for Omni Hotel San Francisco (excluding parking and breakfast). Considering this competitive price, we chose to give the hotel 5/5 stars. We would recommend the hotel and if we returned to Los Angeles, we would definitely consider staying at Omni Hotel Los Angeles again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Just_us_worldwide

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are glad to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed your Select Guest amenities. We also offer complimentary transportation within a three mile radius in our towncar as a convenience to all our guests. We look forward to your return visit.