“Loved this hotel”

Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Ranked #9 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I usually stay at Westin/Sheraton properties because of my platinum status and dread having to stay at other hotel chains. Not anymore! This hotel far exceeded my expectations and in my opinion has a much better hotel room for business travelers. I base this on the following: 1) electrical outlets in convenient places, such as on the side of the bed side table and desk. No need to risk a back injury moving large furniture to find an outlet. 2) Awesome mini-bar. You need a key from front desk so ask for it when you check in. 3) Great toiletries- shower gel etc.
These may seem like little things but when you travel weekly, it's the little things that count.
The service was top notch and I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ac1510
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

We thank you for giving us the opportunity to exceed your expectations, and are happy to hear we were able to do just that. Thank you for your loyalty and commitment, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,884)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I work in the hotel business and was very impressed by everything at Omni. This is a well designed hotel with excellent staff, great room service, and a great restaurant. It's the closest hotel to the Disney Concert Hall, which is why we chose it for this one night away. I will stay here again the next time and I'd certainly recommend the hotel to all.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FineF00die
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Loved my stay, thank you! There was lots to do around the area, and the staff was very helpful in giving us information. It was pleasant, relaxing, and just what I needed. I will definitely be back for another stay soon. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Tdv5000
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

We are delighted to have been a haven of rest for you. We hope to welcome you back real soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have stayed in a number of hotels around the country, and I found the Omni to be one of the most responsive and customer centered hotels. When we arrived, the valet took great care of our car and it was always available. The front desk was very helpful and provided a plethora of information. The restuarant was outstanding. The waiters brought you samples of exotic things on the menu to whet your appetite. The room had a great view of the Arts Center. When in LA,
you must visit the Getty Center and the Observatory and stay at the Omni.

Room Tip: Please ask for a high floor and book early.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gregg H

Our staff takes great pride in the service they provide to our guests. They will be delighted to hear they were successful in exceeding your expectations. We look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Omni during MLK holiday weekend. Got a corner room with 2 double beds. Room is spacious for 2 adults and 1 child and most importantly clean and modern.
I have noticed the staff at Omni was wonderful and attentive.
They brought cookies and milk for my son on the day we checked in. That was a nice surprise.
I also joined the select guest program and received complimentary daily beverages for 2 people delivered to our room in the morning and free wi-fi.
In the past we stayed at Marriott LA. But now we are going to stay at Omni whenever we visit LA.
Valet parking is a bit expensive $40 for weekday and $20 for weekend. But it is safer than parking at other public places.

Room Tip: Get a corner room with double beds for extra space
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Perlee

We appreciate your loyalty, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We loved this hotel. We had theater tickets for the Ahmanson and hotel was 2 blocks from there. The staff was extremely friendly and professional. We joined their "select" club. With that you get free morning beverage for 2. You fill out a card, hang on the door and in the morning they bring you the beverages. Nice touch. Everything clean. Only negative was the beds. No comfortable at all. Bumpy and lumpy.
Otherwise great hotel especially if you get AAA rate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank debunnie
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was really great with very nice rooms and facilities. I especially liked the fact that there was a grocery store and a Starbucks in the complex right below it. But don't expect to be in the middle of everything. The only landmark around is the Disney Concert Hall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family