“Convenient Location; Excellent Meeting Rooms”

Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza
Ranked #9 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Attended a conference here; meeting rooms were really nice. The room was nice but had views of brick wall on the next building. Bed was quite comfortable and nice. Liked size and layout of room (was a double at the end of the hall). Staff was really great too. Good location for business (many companies and professional firms have offices within walking distance). Noe's Bar on 3rd floor was good too, if a bit pricey (3 drinks $50).

Only other complaint is the extreme cost of wifi and A/V for the meeting space ($150 per device on wifi?! $700 per room for a projector and screen??).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear JKSF Traveler,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your conference in Los Angeles. Please know that we do try to offer competitive pricing on our products and services in the downtown area. We hope that our overall services to you and your group will be the lasting impression you have of us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future again.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,885)

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed at this property for two nights with my wife, while we were in town for a wedding. Weekend rates were a bonus,as was the bump to a club level corner room. What an amazing property. You will not be disappointed choosing this property.
Check in was great, however our room was not ready but that was ok considering we arrived before published check in time. Front desk staff took my phone number and called within 45 minutes to let us know it was ready.
The Room, furnishings and views were fantastic. Fun to see the Dodger Stadium lights off in the distance in the evening. The Bathroom was huge, but that comes with the corner room. Not sure a standard room in the middle of the hallway would be the same. I must say I am not a good hotel sleeper..usually takes me a night or two to get comfortable and to block out noises..I also hate the constant door slamming that goes on at hotels. At this property I didn't hear a door slam once, and slept like a baby both nights....That was awesome. If you are similar in your pet peeves about hotels, stay at this one..you'll sleep great!
We visited the club lounge on the top floor each morning for a great breakfast and evening for light snacks and beverages (adult ones too!) Great service and hospitality from all staff in the club lounge.
We used the valet service for our rental car. Parking is a bit steep, but that's typical for L.A. 20 bucks a night Friday and Saturday and 40 a night Sunday-Thursday. We stayed on labor day weekend, so was disappointed we had to pay 40 for the Sunday night before Labor Day since it was not a business day on the following Monday...but, that honestly would be my only complaint.
Make sure you become a select guest member, as you get some great free perks. It doesn't cost anything to join and provides some neat services. Morning beverage service, newspaper, and the ability to get clothes press and shoe's shined. We took advantage of all of those services. It's a great example of all OMNI properties and what they do to please their guests.
Compliments to the general manager of this property and the fine folks that work there. You will not regret booking and staying at this Omni. Have a great time! We sure did.

Room Tip: upgrade to the club floor..worth your 40 bucks and then some. Become a member of select guests...gr...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donald D
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear DougDilvo,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay with us. We are delighted to know that we were able to exceed the expectations of you and your wife. We hope you enjoyed the wedding and your trip to Los Angeles. If your travels bring you to Los Angeles again, we hope you will remember us.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed here at the beginning of September largely based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. It is a lovely hotel in all aspects. I agree that it is in an area where it will be used mainly by people on business downtown but we were on vacation and we enjoyed every minute of our stay here. We joined up as Omni Select Guests and this gave complimentary Wi Fi, an early morning beverage which we looked forward to plus other perks. The staff are a credit to the management and always have a smile for you when you arrive or leave at all times of the day. If I was visiting LA again I would have no hesitation staying here are again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear John181,

We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to be of service to you during your visit to Los Angeles. Our staff will love hearing how they were able to make your stay so warm and memorable. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Downtown Los Angeles Hotel - beautiful hotel, great service, great amenities incl free wifi for guests. Fresh apples and iced waters in lobby is a nice touch. In the heart of business district, for business purposes, it is a great hotel (comfortable beds & very clean), but for tourists maybe not the perfect location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear K W,

We appreciate the comments you have provided on your recent stay with us, and our staff will be happy to hear that we could exceed your expectations. We do also have a wonderful concierge team that can assist you in the future with any arrangements for your leisure time. We hope to have that opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Los Angeles.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a very well located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles.
Within walking distance of shopping streets and restaurants, parks and offices.
Ideal for business or short trips to the city.
Not a family hotel, when asked to put a third bed they flatly refused, however the service is good.

The mattresses on the beds are the best I've seen in my life

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for a good view of downtown
2  Thank CancunVoyager
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We were honored to be of service to you during your stay. We appreciate your understanding regarding the third bed due to space restrictions of the room and for safety purposes. During your next trip to Los Angeles, we hope you will have the opportunity to take advantage of our complimentary town car service that will gladly drive you within a three mile radius of the hotel to restaurants and shops.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

It all starts with the welcome, and my loyalty ambassador, Blanca, made me feel more than welcome. When I received an email from Blanca informing me that my room was ready early and that I could check in at any time I was was thrilled. I replied and let her know I was on the train to Union Station and that I thought I would make my way to the hotel by 2pm. She asked how I was getting to the hotel and I said I would hop in a cab. She replied and said "I'll send the hotel car for you." Thoughtful, and the first welcome of the day came with Robert the driver. So cheerful, so kind. Greeted in the driveway by Mehran, the valet and parking manager. And finally a greeting from Blanca when I made it to the front desk.

The room was ready, the extra pillows as requested in my Omni Select Guest profile were already in place. And when I returned to my room after an afternoon of running around a lovely cheese and fruit plate delivered with a welcome note.

I like nice - and the service and style at the Omni Los Angeles California Plaza more than exceeds nice. Give days in one place (even your mother's house) can test the strength of service, but the coffee was delivered hot and on time every morning (and it's free for Select Guest members.) The bathroom was immaculate. Oh and when it appeared that my travel tube of toothpaste was running low, a fresh tube appeared in the bathroom without my even asking. (Tip your housekeepers folks - they take care of you!)

There is a lot to see and do within walking distance of the hotel (don't miss Angel's Flight) - and Robert will be happy to take you to restaurants and sights within the three mile limit. Folks might quack about the price of valet parking the car - it's more than worth it for in and out privileges - and who doesn't like a valet that puts a cold bottle of water in the car every time you leave?

As I enjoyed my last day in Los Angeles I was kind of dreading the chore of packing. How lovely to find a plate of healthy snacks in the room to see me through.

I'm looking forward to the annual event that will bring me to L.A. next year - but I'm looking for something before next August because I need another stay at the Omni.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Disney Concert Hall and MOCA.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Lori M

Dear Lori M,

On behalf of Blanca, Robert, Mehran and all our other associates, we extend our appreciation to you for your feedback on your recent stay with us! It was an honor and pleasure to be of service to you, and we look forward to providing you with a "home away from home" on your next travels to Los Angeles.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on a recent trip. The hotel is well located in downtown LA, close by the financial district, the Museum of Contemporary Art and the concert hall. The rooms were comfortable with well-equipped bathrooms. The service was outstanding. All of the staff were incredibly helpful and room service was punctual and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
OmniMgrLosAngeles, Executive Office at Omni Los Angeles at California Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear BobHarp,

On behalf of our associates, especially our Room Service staff, we thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us! We are delighted to have been able to exceed your expectations, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.