Luxe City Center Hotel
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$309
$296
$286
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
$181
$99
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$210
$339
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
1,433 results
All reviewsstaples centergreat locationgrammy museumla convention centerlakers gamedirectly across the streetjw marriottnice hotelwalking distancemini barshower headbusiness tripstreet noisethe room was niceenjoyed my stayvalet parkingdowntown
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Just returned from my stay at the Luxe City Center. I stayed a few nights at JW and decided to try the Luxe for our last nite.
Positives: Check-in was quick and easy, Front desk staff/Bellman were nice. Room is BEAUTIFUL & clean. The room is modern, updated and similar design to the JW. Rain showerhead was great. The also gave free slippers and free bottles of water in your room. The location cant be beat. Directly across from LA live/Staples. FREE WI-Fi.
I initially thought this was a great decision.
Negative: We were NOT told of renovations. After we were checked in and handed the room key. We are on the elevator w/ the bellman and he says "Did the front desk mention we're in the process of renovating?" Uh... No. He then proceeds to tell us there is no pool, restaurant, fitness center, business center, room service.... For 175/nt we get "0" amenities?? So.... we get back late one night and decide we want a coke...No vending machines in the entire hotel. Front desk suggested we go 5 blks to the supermarket. Then around midnight i call down and ask if they happen to have any type of antacid as i didnt have any & boyfriend cant sleep. Again... No. But you can go to the supermarket...At this point we're just trying to make the best of a bad stay..then the kicker..Wake up Sat morning and need to arrange shuttle pickup. Contact downstairs and they give me a bellman who says its less than the 4hr min. reservation period so he cant schedule and he gives me the number to the shuttle directly. I contact the shuttle a few times and no answer. So i contact the bellman again and explain im getting no answer. He states that he'll try to schedule anyway and takes my info. and will call back. He calls back 10 mins later saying that he tried to call them but they are not answering.... Hello i just told him that ... so i ask about a taxi and he says okay ill get some #s and call you back.. He calls back about 15 mins later and states that even if i get a taxi/shuttle they cant get in b/c they have locked down the hotel b/c there is a labor protest outside?? What?? I tell him that i have been communicating w/ him all morning about shuttle/taxi service to the airport and he finally decides to tell me that the hotel is on lockdown?? There was NO notice to guests. How do we get to the airport? So he says he will call a taxi driver that they regularly use and he will open the gate to let him in to pick us up but we have to leave NOW. The driver will be there in 15 mins. So we rush to get dressed/ packed/ready and downstairs to checkout leave in 15 mins. Once we get downstairs the entire front glass of the hotel is covered w/ gates. We cant see out. The 'driver' drives into the back of the hotel to pick us up ( I feel like we are in rush hour..) The bellman opens the gate for us to get out.. We get to the airport where the driver charges us MORE than the amount the bellman quoted but at this point we're just happy to get outta there. I won't be returning.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SuburbanMiss
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Dont be fooled by the new renovations. The rooms look nice but the walls are paper thin with no sound proofing. I could hear the guy next door brushing his teeth. I also heard him with the friend he must have picked up at a bar. Even the tv couldn't drown out the noise. The staff here is very nice, I don't want them to be get a negative review since Luxe properties did not fix a problem I assume was inherited when they bought this old Holiday Inn. When I went downstairs at 3am and asked for a room with no one on either side they gave me a new key immediately. So disappointed in this stay.

• Stayed: February 2011
4  Thank Lm53
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Stayed here as a Holiday Inn and besides being directly across the street from great locations like LA Live and Staples Center, it was a very old, run down hotel. Now, after being remodeled, it is VERY nice. I was super pleased with the new bedrooms and bathrooms. The only thing they did not do...sound proofing. You can hear everything and I mean EVERYTHING your neighbors do. Use the bathroom, talk, heck, maybe even chew gum. These are THIN walls. Luckily I stayed here 6 nights and only on the weekend did I have a problem. Iron Mike Tyson was my neighbor on the first night I checked in and I thought that was pretty cool.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rockstar89
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Have stayed here in the past as a Holiday Inn. The Luxe has done a fine job of maximizing the space of these small hotel rooms. Prices went up significantly but I think it's worth it for having a brand new room in a fantastic location for Staples Center / LA Live (Yard House Rules!) They also charge a parking fee on top of your room cost, so be ready. I will let the pictures do the talking.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank unclebud_93463
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I stayed at The Luxe Downtown for 3 nights in early December on vacation. A lot of what we wanted to do (basketball game at Staples, concert at Nokia Live...) were literally right across the street. You can't beat the location - you definitely do not need a car if you will be staying in the downtown area for the duration of your stay, which is saying something in Los Angeles!

We were a bit apprehensive upon check in - like many others here, we had not been informed that the pool, fitness center, restaurant, room service etc would not be available for the duration of our stay, which would have affected our choice of hotel considering we were on vacation and not business travelers. Also, the hotel is still clearly going through refurbishment - the lobby, elevators and hallways are still all sad looking. However, we were very happy with the room - very modern and clearly new. Bed was comfortable and spacious, the bathroom was well appointed (shower only, which did not bother us) and plenty closet space for a short trip. The room was cleaned regularly and well, but the cleaning staff was very loud - most mornings we woke up to their chatter in the hallway which was very annoying. Room also has free wi-fi which was great.

We found front desk service to be fine when we needed a few items and a Federal Express package delivered. We did notice a discrepancy on our checkout for a mini fridge item that we did not use, but it was removed as soon as I pointed it out - just make sure you look at the bill carefully. Despite there being no room service or restaurant, we were fine with the restaurants in the area...you could walk to The Farm or the ESPN Sports Bar or several other places in 3 minutes or less, door to door.

The biggest mar on our star thankfully happened during our early morning check out. As we were walking out of the lobby to our car we say them literally locking down the hotel - storm doors coming door, gates being locked...there was a big group of protesters lined up outside and they stared blaring horns and making a lot of noise. We had to be let out of a different entrance to the parking lot and the main one was blocked. Thankfully we were leaving right as it happened, but other guests must have had a rude awakening!

They definitely still have a lot of kinks to work out, but would consider staying there again if we were able to get the same rate (of about $150 per room per night). Wouldn't pay more than that until they had all their amenities in place.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends