“Great, clean, friendly hotel”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #41 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I stay at the Palomar in LA about one per month and have come to love the hotel, it's location and the service. The hotel is perfectly clean and the service is excellent for a business traveler. I have noticed that most of the staff has been there for a long time and they are really responsive to the guests.

I highly recommend the Palomar and am thankful to have it as my spot in LA!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Thanks so much! We truly appreciate both your kind words about our team and your loyalty. The majority of our staff have been here for some time, and we're very grateful for such a wonderful group of people. Thanks again and keep coming to see us.

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a great hotel in the middle of Westwood. Rooms are modern, clean and just the right size. My only complaint is that I left my jacket in the closet on accident and called to ask if they could send it to me (on my dime, of course). To my disappointment they said they could not find it. I am 100% certain I left it in the closet. So, I am suspicious of their loss prevention policies and possible theft from the staff if items are left in the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Woodzette
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Thanks for the feedback and my apologies for the frustration you feel. We have a very sound policy and procedure in place to reunite items our guests lost with them. While the concern that our team servicing the room could be responsible is a very understandable feeling, let me assure you that our staff here are long tenured, trustworthy and committed to working for our great company. Please contact Rochelle, our Director of Housekeeping directly at the hotel (TripAdvisor policy prevents me from putting phone numbers or emails here) and we'll see what we can do to help you find your lost item. I also welcome any feedback directly to me.

Hotel Palomar LA

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Another perfect Kimpton hotel! Needed a last-minute room at a reasonable price on an extremely busy weekend in the Los Angeles/Hollywood area. Was thrilled to find this Kimpton nearby my destination. It was a short drive from LAX, easy to get to off the freeway. Our first impression was how lovely the lobby was, followed by the friendly welcome of the front desk staff (thanks again to Matt for being a fun part of our stay!). Our room was ready upon our early arrival, and we received a complimentary upgrade to a higher floor and better view. The two double bed room was spacious, with enough room for a small settee and desk. Decor was modern, room and bathroom very clean. Felt very comfortable there. The location is close to UCLA, within walking distance to great restaurants, shops, and museums. Also a 5-min. drive to Westfield Century City mall which proved to be a needed value. The front desk staff, in-room dining, and restaurant staff were all extremely pleasant and helpful at all times. We dined in the on-site restaurant every day for breakfast or lunch and were encouraged to take our time and relax, which was a great change of pace.
We noticed several guests arrive with pets and several with children as well. Kimpton is terrific at welcoming all demographics of travelers. Be sure to sign up as Kimpton member as the perks are worth it.
In all: great location, reasonable price for a nice hotel in LA (overnight parking price is steep but that's often unavoidable at any hotel), fantastic decor, clean and comfortable rooms, wonderful guest service. I will stay here again, absolutely.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thank you so much! We truly appreciate the kind words, especially about Matt. He's a wonderful person and we're very lucky to have such a great team. Thanks again and come see us again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I spent 9 nights at this hotel with my wife and kids while visiting LA for fun. We felt very comfortable and people at the front desk were super friendly. Parking is only valet but you can be lucky and find a street parking for free in the neighbourhood. The location is excellent and midway between Santa Monica and the famous Rodeo drive; both areas are around 10-20 min driving depending on the traffic. We had a chance to try the restaurant for breakfast and it was top in terms of food and service. The hotel provide free wifi in the rooms if you sign online, for free, and become a kimpton hotel member. Not to mention the hotel price was reasonable compared to other hotels. We will stay again!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Wonderful! So happy you were pleased with your experience with us. We also love the convenience of the Westwood neighborhood. It's a great jumping off points to the beaches in Santa Monica, Hollywood, Beverly Hills and all the rest LA has to offer. Come see us again soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My family stayed over at Hotel Palomar for Christmas, and everything was awesome.
The hotel staff treated us so well- even after we left, when we needed help with getting a few things in order, they were super attentive. Great hotel experience; highly recommended. -HC

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
GM_HotelPalomar, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Hello Hank,

That's great to hear! My thanks for your kind words. Apologies again for the issues you had after your stay, but I'm thrilled the team was able to rally and get things back on track. Have a great spring, and please come see us again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great stay at Hotel Palomar Los Angeles - Westwood. The surroundings of the hotel are great and you can easily walk to some great restaurants around. Access is also very easy from the airport (beware of the traffic during rush hours obviously...!). I've been given a room on the 7th floor, offering nice view on the boulevard, no noise form the street because of the quality windows. Large bathroom with lots of amenities, great bedding and mattress, nothing was missing during my stay ! Take a drink at the bar on the ground level after your day work, Mojito is excellent ! My only "concern" if I can say, would have been the breakfast that was just OK. I would have preferred a buffet, offering more choice. Anyway, overall a memorable first stay in the hotel, hopefully not the last !

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Great to hear! Appreciate the feedback about your stay. We'll make sure our restaurant team gets your comments as well about breakfast to ensure we're making it as special as the rest of your stay. Have a great spring and come see us again.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Location is perfect not far from everything, nice clean rooms and sanitary. Changed bed every day. They have a free daily wine-testing, pets friendly and water in the lobby. One mines - expensive valet parking.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thanks very much. Very happy to hear about your experience and glad you enjoyed yourself. Also appreciate the feedback about our parking options. We do make sure we're in line with other hotels that offer secure parking with 24 hour access. There's always other options though and we're happy to review them with our guests so you have all of the information to make the choice that best fits your stay. Thanks again and please come back soon.