Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Solid hotel”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a night and I would say that the hotel is very adequate. It's not a luxury hotel but it's very pleasant. The room was clean but very small. The staff were excellent and all really friendly. The valet attendant was so sweet as was the front desk staff. My son loved the pool! I would recommend for sure.

Stayed November 2013
James D, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Tricia C,

Our people make all the difference. See you on your next trip to LA when you can stay longer. Thanks for choosing the Palomar!

James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Korean first
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed November 20, 2013

As I was looking in the prior reviews I noticed that there were some mixed comments. Kimpton Hotels just have a quirkiness to them. They are not all alike and surely not the Four Seasons and don't try to be. I noticed as I was walking into the lobby at the front door was a bone shaped chalk board welcoming their expected Doggie guests Now that is quirky. The front desk person was friendly and personable. The hotel is a 30 minute walk from Westwood and UCLA. So if one is going to a college event, the medical center or the Geffen Theater it is a good choice. I do think it could use some refreshing in the main lobby as well as the hallways. The room was great. Ample size and we were provided an wonderful view of city lights as well as the Angel Gabriel from the Mormon Temple. The amenities were from ETRO and were very nice. I was disappointed in the linen on the bed and the bed felt a bit like a futon. Staff was great and we were sung our wake up call. As for the restaurant and bar easy chairs, but most of the seating are low stools with no back rest. The cocktails were great, but the service far too casual. The staff were too casually dressed and casual in their service. So tired of respnses like no worries and no problem. The response should be my pleasure.

Room Tip: Room high enough to enjoy the view and south facing if possible
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Byron R,

Love hearing things like this about the staff! The staff and the location are some of the great things the Palomar has to offer. Come back and see us soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had decided to take 2 months off work to travel across south and north America. I can categorically say that our stay here was easily the best of all the hotels we stayed at, which included a Mandarin Oriental. To us, this was a W Hotel with more heart and thought.

The best way to describe it is everything is angled to be about you as the guest, the room has lots of comfortable, quirky but thoughtful elements with lots of space and storage. Our stay was supposed to be for 4 nights, but after going downstairs and speaking with Christian we extended to 10 nights. He was incredible in helping us sort out great rates, amazing tips and if the hospitality industry could clone him the world would be a happier place. Something that really stuck out for us was when we accidentally left our camera on top of the safe, not realising until we were at our next city. Not only was Christian clearly checking this was found and being posted out to us on his day off, we received this well before it was promised to us. I really hope he is recognised for how unique his approach is, incredibly personable and friendly but with an efficiency and execution that makes you feel well looked after in all ways. Kimpton would do well to send him out to other hotels to train staff. His energy just brightens up your day.

I can't recommend the hotel enough, this hotel is a great ambassador for all that is great about LA. A few further tips below:

LOCATION- Lots of free street parking, I would definitely hire a car and if you're flying into LAX, its really an easy drive. The hotel location is very central- you can get to every popular destination easily from the hotel with no issues including the beaches and downtown if need be.

NEARBY- Westwood Village is great, you have to visit Diddy Reise for their famous icecream sandwiches, in the evenings the queues are 30 minutes long, but well worth it or go in the daytime. This is walking distance and great cafes and shops too.

HOTEL- All rooms seem great from what I've seen, the touches like the fruit or cucumber water in reception, free coffees in the morning and wine hour are great. Also we had a few days of downtime where we just wanted to relax, and the room did not feel boring at all, great movies on demand, comfortable bed, side sofa for lounging and huge windows.

Room Tip: Plenty of free parking on side streets
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jalpa D
Dear JaiLondon2012,

What can I say, this is amazing! Christian embodies the Kimpton spirit and it is contagious for the employees and our guests. It is a pleasure to work with such great people and share experiences like this. Thank you for choosing the Palomar!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed here for two nights and the hotel was awesome! Service was some of the best I have got at any hotels, and InTouch members get free wi-fi and a $10 bar credit. The location is pretty good, it's about a half mile walk to any shops/restaurants, but once you make the short walk there's a lot of good dining and shopping. It was also easy to drive to Venice Beach, Beverly Hills, and other places we wanted to go. Room was very comfortable and the wine hour is a great way to start the evening. Bed was really comfortable too!

Green Features: Recycling available and they ask you to hang up your towels and re-use. Paraben free toiletries too.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank City_Travel_Girl
Dear City_Travel_Girl,

Sounds like you got an early start on the holiday shopping, well done! Hopefully we were on the "nice" list...Thanks for staying with us and being a loyal InTouch member!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Whenever I am in the Los Angeles area, I always try to seek this hotel. The friendiness of the staff is unparallel and the small details for me make all the difference. I honestly can't say enough good things about this hotel and if I could I would single handedly rate them the top hotel in LA on trip advisor. This is my fourth time at the hotel and it stays consistently top notch. For me its really the little things that mean so much - like a docking station, convenient on-site restaurant, free internet, the complimentary local shuttle and the bath robes. Now they even offer bikes that you can now rent to explore the city. It is close to the university and just a stone's throw away from the strip on Beverly Hills. If afforded the opportunity, try the Blu Jam for breakfast. The crunchy frenchy toast is sure not to disappoint. Needless to say I can't wait to return again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear LoveLifeMusic,

We love hearing we are your home when in LA! Make sure to check out the DJ at wine hour and Thursdays and Fridays. If you like the crunchy french toast, you'll love pancakes at brunch! We can't wait to see you again.

new hampshire
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I love Kimptons, but this fee threw me for a loop. There should be a big warning on the phone. I called my daughter in the USA from the USA and spoke for 52 minutes and was charged $116.00, then the next day I left her a message, "Hi It's mom Love you bye" $12.00!!!
Yikes...where is the big flashing warning light saying charge your cell phone and don't use this!?!? We loved the rooms and the location was fine. We slept well. The beds are great. The morning strawberries were a tiny bit soggy, and the late late night bread was kind of the budget loaf, but the roasted veggies in the sandwich were awesome. The Caesar salads were great, but I would have liked a different flavor on the other salad dressing and there was no dressing on the salad that came with the sandwich. The ham and cheese panini was not what I would call a panini due to the bread-but that is just my opinion. We had great oatmeal and the orange juice is FRESH! We could walk about 10-15 minutes and have restaurants to chose from and we could take a taxi anywhere.

Room Tip: We were on the 15th floor 1510 and it was a great view of the moon!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear elizabethnordel,

Sorry the phone charges, we don't like the pricing from the phone company either. Blvd16 has a new fresh juice program you have to try! Great way to start the day!

Saratoga, CA
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The staff greated us cheerfully and with a "can I help you" attitude. This really set an upbeat tone for our entire three night stay. The room was very clean, with modern furniture, large, and with very comfortable with a great bed. Nice shower!

Coffee is provided in the obby in the morning, wine in the afternoon. The breakfasts at the restaurant were very good with great service.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Albertm,

You got to take full advantage of everything the Palomar has to offer! Try the pancakes for brunch at Blvd16 next time you're in town, they are amazing!