“Great hotel in Westwood”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #36 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We've stayed in several Kimpton hotels and this is the second Palomar (first was in Philadelphia) and we've never been disappointed. We only stayed 2 nights but were very pleased overall. The location is good. It's right on Wilshire Blvd. and close to Beverly Hills. Our room was a decent size and furnished with the Palomar's typical funky decor. The bathroom was large and functional. Lots of room to put things away and conveniently located outlets for charging devices. Wifi is free if you join their Kimpton club (also free). We enjoyed the wine reception each night. There are plenty of restaurants nearby for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The hotel is very close to UCLA so all conveniences are nearby. Valet parking is $35 which seems like a bargain after San Francisco.

The staff is friendly and efficient. If we are ever back in LA we would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Debbie,

You are a true Kimpton professional! Covering coast to coast! Hope to see you this winter when you need some SoCal sunshine...

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,745)

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Palomar Sept 12 & 13 and we really enjoyed out stay. Beautiful hotel at a great price, staff was wonderful, great restaurants within walking distance.
We would definitely stay there again!!!

Room Tip: I always ask for any available upgrades and they gave us a room with a better view than what we had...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 405Lisa,

Great to hear you enjoyed your time with us and got to hang in Westwood. Come see us next time you're in LA.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My colleague and I just returned from 4 nights at the Palomar hotel. We stayed from Sept 22-26. The hotel was amazing and the staff could not have been kinder or more accommodating. They serve wine and appies in the lobby from 5-6 every day and have a lovely coffee / tea bar set up every morning. There is absolutely nothing the front staff won't do for you... you just have to ask. Our rooms were fantastic and super clean. I would 100% stay here the next time I'm in LA and I would 100% recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in an outstanding hotel in a great neighbourhood.

Room Tip: 100% ask for a room in the back of the hotel. It's located on Wilshire and the street can be no...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank relaxingonthebeach

Dear relaxing,

We loved seeing you at wine hour! We truly enjoy interacting with our guests and what better way than with some wine and delicious bites from BLVD16. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Needed a place to stay with my son to tour LA colleges and chose Hotel Palomar from a recommendation from UCLA. Loved everything about it. Very theatrical decorating, but well done and sophisticated. Everyone was great. Lobby was always vibrant with people and things going on, but cozy too. Everything about it felt great. To make you feel at home you can email them any photo and they put it in a frame in your room. We got a big kick out of that!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Salome333

Dear Salome,

I hope the college tours went well and UCLA was the final choice. See you for parents weekend!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here twice in a month. My first week what impressed me was the check in, the location and the things to do close by. I also love that its in walking distance to UCLA and Westwood Village and close to may malls. Best of all I am a Christian and University Bible Church is across the street. The one big negative for me is "Come on Palomar!!! No bible available in the hotel? At least make it available so if a guest would like to read one they can call down to the desk and request one! The rooms are not brand new and could use upgrading but who cares when you have such great staff to make your stay comfy. I had a little problem with my room not vacuumed one day and just as I was leaving for check out the Housekeeping Supervisor Kimble asked me how was my room and I told him about it. He seemed so sympathetic and I also told him I will be back in a week and when I returned everything was perfect. This hotel is lucky to have him working there. Wow very impressive. Also I must mention Josua and William and I think the young lady's name is Kristen at front desk. What an awesome staff. William is an absolutely adorable young man and so friendly. I was impressed at how he remembers my name. The drivers of the House Cars are also very nice. Also the little lady in the restaurant with the nice accent in the mornings what a sweetheart she is. I believe she is the manager. She always makes me smile. I love those Cranberry muffins in the restaurant. Well Palomar you rock. Hope you renovate the rooms soon but no matter what I would still return. Well done. Your outstanding service provided by your staff Kimble, Josua, William and the manager at restaurant is the reason I will be back. Rock on!!!

Room Tip: Stay on opposite side of Wilshire as it may be a bit noisy. I don't mind the noise but some may
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mama G,

Connecting with our guests and personal service is what we are all about! Hope to see you for your holiday shopping.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed in LA for one night and not being used to traffic had arrived after a 1.5 hour trip that MapQuest had stated 17 minute drive so not in the best of moods. We asked valet if we could have some time to arrange our stuff from the car since having to get everything together for flight the next day and they were very kind to pull car to side and assist us.

The bellman was very kind and made us aware of the different amenities in the hotel and our room. Having missed the happy hour, the front desk offered us some free drink tickets to use in the lounge as well as their member offer for minibar/lounge credit was an added bonus! We just happened to mention that we were visiting for our bday's and there was a bottle of champagne and fruit plate in our room on arrival - nothing was done in any of the other properties that we stayed - so this was a very nice touch indeed!

Hotel in a great location to walk to restaurants (Palomino's for nice dinner and happy hour was a great surprise.) The beds were very comfy and the staff in every instance was very helpful and friendly - especially Reuben in the lounge.

We were not regulars of Kimpton properties but after this experience we will seek out Kimpton's when available.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 007,

Welcome to the family! Happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and felt right at home. Come see us again soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

When I visit LA my hotel decisions are always based on best available price and location. Palomar offered a very reasonable AAA rate for me and I had wanted to stay in the Westwood area to check out UCLA and be relatively near Culver City for business. It worked out great as the Palomar is also a short distance to Santa Monica which was good since the weather was so great during my visit. So, location a +

Staff from check in to check out - all A+ Very friendly, professional and informative.

Free coffee in the a.m. and wine each afternoon from 5-6 served as a fun icebreaker for hotel guests. Bar/restaurant had good food & drinks, good bartenders and a pretty good vibe even on a slow night. Parking fee is high (probably normal for LA), but there is street parking available relatively close so that is worth checking out. There is a communal bike so maybe you could even bike to your car. And they offer free car service within a few miles of the hotel.

Comfortable, mod room. Best bathrobe options I've seen (animal print).

Will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Jim,

Central location is right! We are perfectly in the middle of all the great things in LA and thanks a million for pointing that out.

Glad you had a great time and hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,