“Excellent Hotel in Westwood Area”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #41 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I really like this hotel. I do a lot of travel on business, and this hotel is located near the places I need to be. The staff is excellent. They pay attention to details, and respect your privacy. They offer a complimentary wine hour in the evening, and you can sample their wines. They also maintain a citrus cooler (sliced citrus fruit in ice water), and it is placed right by the entrance. So, when I return, I make my way over to the cooler. It's refreshing. In the morning, they offer fresh coffee in the lobby and they also offer decaf as well as hot water for those who want tea. I made use of the fitness room, and it's well equipped. I did not see any towels in the fitness room, but that was the only thing that was missing for my stay. They have an outdoor pool, but I did not use that. I wish I had more time. The location is near the UCLA campus and there are a great number of different places to eat for a very good value (can't charge too much if you want college students to eat there).

Room Tip: I've stayed at the hotel about four times, and there's no bad room. My last stay had a grea...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Bill,

Wow, what a great review! You highlighted so many of our important touch points, thank you!

Hope to have you back soon!

Best,

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Drove my daughter back to UCLA and got a special rate from AAA that included parking and breakfast. Also joined the Kimpton club and received $10 minibar credit and free wi fi. Enjoyed getting foam pillows, being able to text for my car, and the free wine hour. Will stay here again. Very quiet rooms. Everything is clean, everyone is friendly, and it is easy check in and check out. They even have a bike you can use!

Room Tip: like the view to the back side better than onto Wilshire

Dear Babygame.

Congrats on your daughter at UCLA, what a great school!

I's so happy you had a great time and loved our rooms...it's a long school year so I fully expect to see more of you!

Best,

GM

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was greeted at the desk by the kindest receptionist ever. He actually volunteered to (and did) buy my wife some contact lens solution the next day. He found out it was my birthday and gave us drink coupons. Nice comfortable rooms with excellent service!

Room Tip: Great reasonable priced hotel for UCLA or Westwood. A bargain with great service. I have stayed at...
1  Thank Alan R

Happy birthday Alan! I'm so happy my team took great care of you and glad the contact solution was sent...

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Hotel was ok, nothing to write home about, special little things written about were just not there or that special. Staff were helpful and friendly just like any where else. Place was nice and clean. Negatives; alot of small things rather than one large one,
no newspaper in the morning as requested
coffee machine provided for me but no coffee for 3 days
very much just a business hotel
Fine wines served by awine expert? No just 1 red and 1 white wine...
but the worst thing for me was we had to checkout by 12 midday and we decided to go to the beach as our flight wasn't until 9.30pm. There was no place to shower and change before leaving. I was directed to the public toilet to change. Not nice 24hours traveling with sand everywhere. Uncomfortable end to what should have been a luxury trip.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Rosy,

I'm so sorry you were disappointed that we did not staff wine hour with a sommelier. It is a complimentary service for our guests and an opportunity for our managers to socialize and meet all the wonderful people who stay with us. While late check outs can be given, 9:30pm is a little past extending a courtesy. Really sorry about that and happy to discuss further if you would like.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We planned a last-minute birthday/Labor Day getaway to Los Angeles with our new dog. My expectations were pretty low as I did not spend a lot of time searching, but found this to be the best value with Triple AAA discounts and it was centrally located. We were truly amazed at the discovery of such a gem!! And, our new dog felt right at home too! My daughter also loved the zebra print décor in the hotel room. Room/hotel overall very clean and staff were extremely friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jennifer,

Happy birthday and thank you for spending it with us! Glad you loved our kitschy decor and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

What a great property! Recently arrived late after taking a delayed flight from NYC to LAX. Spoke to the front desk on arrival and asked if there were larger accommodations as my adult daughter tagged along with my wife and me for the trip. As a Kimpton member, the attendant immediately recognized my multiple, previous stays and offered me a full upgrade to a suite -- for free! We had an amazing stay! Really appreciated the recognition and the terrific service throughout our four night stay. Wouldn't stay anywhere else! As a matter of fact, I will be back in early October. Looking forward to our return.

Room Tip: Every room in which I have stayed has been great - clean, fresh and well stocked.

Dear Silverrw,

Congrats on getting the upgrade and more importantly, thank you for your loyalty!

Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you return soon.

James Dannecker

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights and boy was i satisfied. I had a great time relaxing after a tiresome day and the food was great. The food aside from looking great, it will satisfy your cravings and your stomach as well. Looking to stay here some time again when I visit LA.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Timex,

We are so happy you loved the food and hope you come back soon to try our newly rolled out menu!

Keep on tickin!