“Wonderful Hotel at a Great Price!”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #39 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Stamford, ct
“Wonderful Hotel at a Great Price!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had to visit LA on business and I stayed at the Palomar! It was a pleasant experience! The food in the restaurant down stairs was excellent! They also have a happy hour in the lobby with free Sangria! Like, is this for real? Yes it was! The hotel is so clean, it is in a great location, I had some time to walk to Target and some eateries and it was nice. Very good area! I would love to stay here again! I hope business brings me out!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank doctorvj
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Dr.Vj,

Thanks for the shout out for our restaurant team! Glad you enjoyed the area as well as your stay with us...

Let me know the next time you visit and we'll have some sangria waiting for you.

Albert Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Wow, so pleasantly surprised by this gem of a hotel. I was comparing prices online between different hotels and found the Palomar to have a great rate and great reviews! We love this hotel. The staff is professional, friendly and very accommodating . We were welcomed with a 1 hour wine reception, which a very nice touch. The room was clean, comfortable and modern. We didn't check out the pool because it was closed for a private event, but from the looks of the rest of the hotel, I can imagine it was wonderful. We ate a meal at their restaurant Blvd 16 which was delicious. It is in a pretty and convenient location to BH and the rest of LA. I highly recommend it and will gladly stay there on our next trip to LA.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jan,

I really hope you return and get to chill in our pool! Glad you enjoyed wine hour and thanks for the great review...You're the gem!

Broomall, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had an extended stay at the Palomar. I stayed for a month, my daughter was expecting a baby and unfortunately they live in a very small space. I was quite apprehensive about being in a hotel for so long. Well I was pleasantly surprised, the room was comfortable and extremely clean. The location was excellent, I could get to Santa Monica Beverly Hills and more importantly walk to UCLA where my daughter was going to give birth. I can't say enough about all the staff, absolutely fantastic each and everyone. The afternoon happy hour was always a welcomed treat. I would highly recommend the Palomar.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy
Green Features: It's always nice to know you are at a place that cares about our world
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Meg,

A month in a hotel can be quite a long time! I'm so happy we exceeded your expectations and just wanted to gently point out there are several other month in the year you can choose to stay with us in!

Hope to see you soon...

GM
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for a brief stay based on location and Trip Advisor reviews. From the moment we were greeted at the front desk by a fellow east coaster (Roxy was awesome!), we felt comfortable and well cared for. We got a nice room on a high floor, which was great with cool furnishings including a chaise lounge. The bathrooms were a bit small based on my experience with Kimpton -- one wash basin over a narrow sink, not a huge amount of room. And per apparent Kimpton standard, all bathrooms include a sliding door as an entrance that covers, not closes. The coffee service downstairs in the morning was perfectly strong with all accompaniments. It helped that the hotel is also convenient for LAX, a relatively short drive for LA. Stylish and lovely overall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Kate,

Nothing starts your day off better than an awesome cup of Joe! Glad you loved our specialty coffee and can't wait till your next visit!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We loved everything about the Palomar. We started our US trip here in LA and after arriving at 10am after a looooong flight from Australia, we were given access to our room instantly. The staff was amazing from the moment we checked in to the moment we left. We usually stay in one of the big chain hotels however we will be rethinking this in the future as we feel Kimpton offer something special (assuming other Kimpton hotels offer a similar level of service). What we liked... Early check-in, free wif-fi that actually worked, $10 raid the mini-bar, good sized room, great location to Santa Monica, BH and the bus service, wine hour and late checkout (they let us have our room until 4pm). Even the cleaner/maintenance man was brilliant as he gave us a voucher for a free drink at the bar!!! This hotel goes above and beyond and genuinely seems to want to make you feel special. It's a can-do kind of place which we really liked and appreciated. The only thing is that upon leaving, Christian gave us his card and when we had to ring the number on that card - it was incorrect and we woke up some poor lady at 4am in the morning so get that checked!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
G'day Traveler!

We're so happy you chose to stay with us and really happy we were able to take such great care of you after such a long flight!

There are plenty of wonderful Kimpton properties around the country so whether LA is the destination or not, please think of us!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We spent two nights in this comfortable,clean and very well Located hotel. The staff was amazing, they offer wines @ afternoon happyhour and the concergie Josuè has given us the best suggestions to have diners and fun in LA!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear VincyFlory,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for recognizing Josue! He is the kindest and one of the most caring and thorough employees I have ever worked with.

Hope to see you again soon!

Santa Monica, California
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I typically stay in Santa Monica or Beverly Hills. The hotel prices in SM in the summer are very high, so I made a reservation at the hotel I usually stay at in BH when I'm footing the bill myself. Later I checked some of the hotel booking sites and found a great price at the Palomar, so I booked there instead. I've stayed at Kimpton holes in other cities and know that they are pretty good. I hadn't stayed In Westwood before, but it's a central location so that seemed fine to me.

A week or so before my arrival I got an email from the hotel asking me if I'd like to send a photo of a loved one or pet from them to have framed in the room when I arrived. I sent one off my 2 cats and enjoyed 'having them with me.' This was a nice touch that I haven't experienced at any other hotel.

My special rate was for a handicapped room - which I didn't need and didn't want. Upon arrival they graciously gave me a regular room. The room was quite large, comfortable, and well-appointed - and the hotel itself seems fairly new. As a member of their Intouch guest program I had free WiFi as well as a $10 credit for the minibar. They also offer wine in the late afternoons - though I was never there to partake and morning coffee and tea. Plus yummy water flavored with strawberries, lemons, cucumbers was available all the time in the lobby. I regularly filled my water bottle with this.

The other unique thing that I really appreciated was being able to text to get my car brought to me. The system seems flawless, and you get an immediate confirmation as well as very fast retrieval. It seems like such a simple idea and so functional - I wonder why more hotels don't offer this.

If you plan on using recreational facilities this probably isn't the hotel for you. Theirs a nice pool, with several comfortable lounge chairs, but it's on the ground floor and always seems to be in the shade. And I didn't see an exercise room, though here might have been a small one.

All in all my experience was a good one.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CrisPopenoe
Dear Cris,

We love it when guests who normally stay in Beverly Hills or Santa Monica give us a try. They rarely regret it and it seems you're no different.

Thank you for the lovely review and we hope you head our way again soon!