“A Terrific Find in the Heart of Westwood”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #45 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A Terrific Find in the Heart of Westwood”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Hotel Palomar exceeded my expectations in all areas. Excellent location on Wilshire with very easy access. Beautiful and comfortable lobby. Very efficient and friendly staff. Very nice rooms and amenities. The hotel goes out of its way to make your experience special, for example, a daily free happy hour in the lobby, loaner bicycles for guests and yoga mats for guests. Had a scrumptious breakfast in the hotel restaurant. I have stayed at other area hotels and I think that the Hotel Palomar delivers a much bigger bang for the buck. I wish I had known about it on prior trips!

1 Thank MadCatArizona
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Madcat,

We love going out of way to make your experience special and really appreciate that you recognized those efforts on Tripadvisor!

Hope to see you again soon and thank you for your loyalty to Kimpton!

Albert Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Korean first
Toronto
Reviewed August 1, 2013

LA was the last stopped of our California trip having started in San Francisco and driving down the Pacific Coast Highway. To be honest I'd never heard of the Palomar nor the Kimpton group of hotels. I found this after researching on Trip Advisor and finding a deal through SniqueAway. I am now a fan of Kimpon hotels and the Palomar was eceptional. The service was fantastic, the hotel itself was beautifully appointed, clean, well maintained. We had a room on a high floor which gave us a really nice view of the city and the UCLA campus. The staff made us feel welcome from the minute we set foot in the lobby. Every afternoon wine and hors d'ouerves were served in the lobby. The valet station just outside the entrance always had bottled water for the guests as they left. The Palomar is located in Weswood Village close to the UCLA campus. It was a great location for walking around and we were just a 5 minute drive to Beverly Hills and about 10 minutes to Santa Monica. I would definitely stay at the Palomar the next time I'm in LA and I'm going to seek out Kimpton Hotels the next time I'm travelling anywhere else.

2 Thank Levy21
Dear Levy21,

We love new fans and delighted you're on the bandwagon! It sounds like you really enjoyed your LA experience and used our property as home base...as you know, we're in the middle of it all!

Come see us again and please remember we have 60 incredible Kimpton properties across the country ready to take great care of you!

Clark, New Jersey
Reviewed July 31, 2013

As loyal Kimpton customers, we haven't gone wrong yet and this hotel may have been the best choice yet. Not knowing exactly where to stay in LA, I decided to find a Kimpton there and then check location. The Westwood area is perfect. Near UCLA, there is a real neighborhood feel to it with really good restaurants and shopping that you can WALK to. That's a novelty in LA. And it's easy enough to get to all the sights you want to see (well, as easy as that can be in traffic-ky LA). We actually book ended our trip- flying into LA, we stayed here, then returned after our stay in Santa Barbara (also at a Kimpton.) At our original checkout, we had a little problem with the young lady at the desk. I won't mention her name here because what I took as mistreatment was probably just stupidity. I did express my displeasure and asked that we be treated a little better when we returned. Boy oh boy, were we treated better! Christian, in reception, was wonderful! He upgraded us to an enormous suite! (After years of Kimpton stays, this was a first). In all fairness, our original room was very nice too but Christian made sure that we remain loyal Kimpton customers. Another note about the neighborhood. On our way to the airport, we decided to have another walk around this great area. Well, we stumbled upon a movie premiere at the Fox Westwood Theatre (Smurfs 2) and got to see the stars exiting on the blue carpet- Brittany Spears, Neil Patrick Harris and the wonderful Katy Perry who posed for photos and talked with fans. Apparently that theatre is always hosting premieres, so if you like that sort of thing, this is the neighborhood for you! All in all, a great (and reasonably priced) hotel in a fantastic area. And thanks again, Christian!

1 Thank NJBrooklynborn
Dear NJBrooklynborn,

Wow! Someone's loyal to Kimpton in Southern California!!!!

What a great review to read and so happy Christian saved the day. Hope to see you again soon!

Orlando
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel for three nights based on a friend's positive experience, and I have to say that it was even better than expected. The staff make this hotel, and make you feel so welcomed. We asked for several items at the hotel and they came through with all of them. Even when I needed a small screwdriver to repair a loose screw in my reading glasses, and they found one. The rooms are perfectly appointed and have comfortable beds, and I always hate being away from my own bed. The location is perfect for getting around town and in a very nice area. The valet staff do a fantastic job getting your car quickly when called and manage the high volume of guests coming and going from the front of the hotel. Everything about this hotel was beyond our expectations and we would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: 15th floor has a great view
1 Thank Teresa T
Dear Teresa,

I'm so happy you were able to share your wonderful Palomar experience with your husband! Thank you for the great review and we all hope you come see us again soon!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed at the Hotel Palomar. If you are looking for action right outside the hotel's front doors, this place may not be for you. However, if you want somewhere quiet and comfortable with quick access to many of LA's best areas, this is an excellent choice. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are clean, comfortable and well appointed, and a good value. My only complaint is that the television did not work well, and is in need of replacement.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in which they have replaced the old model television.
2 Thank DGCYVR
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear DGCYVR,

Thank you for the review and glad you enjoyed the neighborhood! I really appreciate the shout out for the staff and hope to see you again soon!

Los Angeles
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I spent a night here back in May because it was close to my job and a work event that I was attending that night. Everyone I encountered was very friendly and professional. The guy who checked me in (I believe his name was Christian) was very polite and very pleasant to deal with. The room was simply elegant, beautiful, and very clean. There is a complimentary wine hour for guest. You also get a complimentary snack or drink from the mini bar in your room. Everything was perfect. I just wish there were better deals. Because of the area this hotel is in, it is a little pricey. I also wish I would have saw the deal above for free valet parking above. I researched this hotel for at least two weeks before I booked and didn't notice the deal. I could have used that $35 on something else. The good thing about the valet parking service at Hotel Palomar is that you can call or TEXT ahead and they will have your car waiting for you by time you get outside.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank angel90008
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Angel,

Christian is one of our best and as you can see from previous reviews, he makes regular appearances on Tripadvisor! Thank you for recognizing him as well as the benefits to joining our loyalty program. Hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,

Maryland,
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The perfectly located Palomar has a vaguely Asian style. You are given a warm welcome even before you arrive. We received an email several days ahead of time asking for any preferences that could be made ready for us upon our arrival. There was even a suggestion that we forward a photo that would be framed and in our room to make it more homey. Upon arriving we were given a warm welcome by the front desk staff. They were knowledgeable about the area and gave us wonderful recommendations about restaurants in the area.

The rooms carry on the nouveau, Asian theme and are very comfortable. There are nice extra touches like additional plugs on the desk for all of your electronics. One criticism is that the rooms are a tad on the small side. The bathrooms are a good size and are well-appointed. Additional lighting would be welcome.

In the mornings, coffee is available in the lobby until about 9:30am. We did try the breakfast in the restaurant. The food, especially the egg benedict, is delicious ~ if LA worthy over priced. We were not able to take advantage of the nightly wine tasting.

The workout facilities are modern, clean and varied. And a yoga mat is available for use in the room.

1 Thank MomsABeachBum
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Momsabeachbum,

Thanks for articulating our wonderfully eclectic design as well as several of our touch points including our wonderful restaurant!

Let me know when you're returning and I'll have that glass of wine you missed waiting you!