Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
$289
  • Pool
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$309
$286
  • Restaurant
$289
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
$181
$99
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$210
$339
Hotwire.com
  • Beachfront
1,774 results
All reviewswestwood villagewine hourwilshire blvdbeverly hillsucla campussanta monicavalet parkingmini barvalet staffshort driverodeo drivefitness centerfree internetla arealobbypetschaise
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great location, great staff, amazing restaurant. Lovely, comfortable room. I was delighted to know that I could spend long days working and come "back" to comfort. The special kisses from the puppies in the elevator were the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Sparkertx,

Nothing says you're a great hotel like getting complimentary puppy kisses in the elevator! Really...there's lots of love for our guests and their pets in our hotels!

Hope you get to stay with us again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 nights at the Palomar as a base for seeing the sights of LA. The city is a driving city - there's no getting around the fact you must drive to see what there is to see and this is where the Palomar does very well for the first-time visitor.

The hotel has close access to the #405 freeway which can get you quickly to all points in and out of the city. Being on Wilshire also lets you drive directly into Beverly Hills (Rodeo Drive is just up the street) with Hollywood being just a bit further on. It was super easy to plot a route that effeciently let us see all the sights we wanted to see in a short time.

Add to that the very resonable cost and the overall cleanliness and room size and the Palomar is an excellent value for visiting LA.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 12th or higher.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Spockis54,

Sounds like you were able to really take in the LA experience...like a local!

Glad you had a great time and hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had an outstanding visit at the Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Westwood. I felt like we were staying with family. First, when making the reservation I asked how close they were to UCLA that we were leaving our son there and would probably have to walk from the hotel to UCLA and back; I was told they were close and when I asked for military, government or AAA discount I was given the best rate they could being affiliated with UCLA. We arrived and the hotel was immaculate. The desk clerk was helping another guest, he immediately acknowledged me. Thanked me for waiting and then began to help me. He said I reminded him of his mother, true or not he treated me and my husband with the utmost respect and care. Then while going to the elevator with our son's bike the manager said he had a couple of bikes in the lobby we could use if we wanted to. We were reminded about the free wine in the lobby at 5 PM and happen to be returning from UCLA around 5 PM. Outstanding wine. I can go on and on but this was a very rare experience where absolutely everything was Simply OUTSTANDING! We will look for Kimpton hotels wherever we travel. Thank you

Room Tip: I like high floors and when I saw I was near the elevator, about 6 rooms back, thought it would be noisy but it was not. I truly believe all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carolyn M

Dear Carolyn,

I am so happy you were treated like family and best of luck with UCLA!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our son was doing a summer internship in LA and we needed a hotel in the UCLA radius where he was living. I'm so happy I picked the Palomar. I know Kimpton Hotels and have stayed in several. For me, Kimpton hits all the right buttons. It's hip and contemporary but with a super friendly, comfortable, unpretentious atmosphere. I think Kimpton has found the perfect combination of elements. Who doesn't love the free wine social hour from 5-6 pm? The guest rooms are so much more interesting than the cookie cutter rooms you find most places. They actually use color and patterns along with fun surprises like the yoga mat in the closet. The fitness room (a compact area) even has a fitness hula hoop. In the lobby there is always a lovely glass container of water infused with fruit. We enjoyed using their house bicycles in the morning...again complimentary. It's a beautiful area to ride around in as well as an easy ride to the UCLA campus. There are many restaurants in the area in walking distance in Westwood. The only negative is the high overnight parking fee but that's pretty standard for LA. I found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and well trained. This hotel rates right up there in my book.

Room Tip: I didn't have any issues with dog noise but you might want to make sure you aren't on a dog floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunseeker41

Dear Sunseeker,

You highlighted so many of our fun touch points, thank you! Glad you were able to enjoy our hotels and all that we offer...hope to see you again soon!

Best,

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Hotel needs a "Dogs Only Floor" because you can't sleep when the dog down the hall is barking loudly for its owner. This was during the afternoon and later at night. Several people called but it seems as though there was not much to do since the owners are out of the room. Thank goodness for earplugs.

Hotel has a small area for valet services and hard to unload and load car without being run over by other vehicles.

The suites with larger tub, separate bedroom and living area was a plus. We also had a room with two queen beds. It wasn't special but we did like the funky robes. Beds were comfortable.
Water was leaking from the window area onto the carpet in the smaller room. You couldn't see it until you walked onto it.

Booked last minute online and received a great rate. It was worth the discounted rate but I would not book there otherwise. They really do treat the pets well and I'm sure it pays off for them.

Room service was great and housekeeping did a thorough job as well.

Room Tip: Families should pay to stay in the suites that have a larger bathroom with large tub, living area and bedroom
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank msdbeach
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear MSDbeach,

We love our furry companions, guilty as charged! We do make an effort to keep them on one floor however at high occupancy there are a few challenges and exceptions are made. I am really sorry if this disturbed your stay but otherwise happy you enjoyed your suite.

I really hope you come see us again!

Best,