“Upscale Eclectic Decor and Big Smiles!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #44 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Mission Viejo, California
“Upscale Eclectic Decor and Big Smiles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed only one night this month and loved the service. From the bellmen to the front desk to the room service wait staff, everyone had huge smiles. Disappointed that I just missed the wine hour...the bellman toffered to go down and fetch me a glass. So nice. Felt like a long lost relative. I was upgraded to a suite which had a very large living and desk area. Nice flat screens here and in the bedroom as well. The bathroom was very well appointed with a huge shower and a spa tub (which I didn't have time to enjoy...maybe next time). Furnishings and bed were comfortable. Decor was interesting and eclectic. Room service food was excellent. Ordered off of the main menu of their restaurant. Don't miss the cookies and milk. Probably the best cookies I've ever had and I'm a baker!

Room Tip: Try to get a high level room overlooking UCLA. Some nice views! Very quiet.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Travelernottourist,

Wow! What a great review to read, so happy we delivered a great stay for you. We do wine hour every night so come stay with us again for the rematch!

Albert Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I like the vibe at this hotel. It is a great place to hang out with friends and grab a drink. It is not loud and feel spacious. The food here is also quite good. The ingredients they use are fresh and the flavor is wonderful. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello Travellibra,

I'm a Travelvirgo on the cusp of Libra...ok perhaps that wasn't funny? Anyway, I do appreciate the wonderful review and our chef was excited for the shout out on his food items!

Thank you and we all hope to see you again soon!

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel is located near Westwood, near UCLA. It is minutes away from Beverley Hills. Front counter staff were friendly, and very helpful. They arranged a dining option for us and had the restaurant provide us complimentary desert. Hotel is very clean, our suite was large enough for four with a separate bed room and living area. For the room we got, the price was reasonable. We only had two concerns, although not detracting from our recommendation. The bar food came cold twice and we had to send it back. However, the bar took both the food and our drinks (that came right on time) off our bill, so they definitely made up for it. That being said, the food should have been warm. Second, as a gym buff, the gym could use some updating, some universal equipment and a chin up bar, and a more professional gym like atmosphere. All in all, hotel is recommended.

Room Tip: We had a great view overlooking the cool LA neighborhood with traditional (not over the top) LA home...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear ANONToronto,

Thanks for the great review and I hear you loud and clear about the fitness center. We're looking for something different and unique...a universal machine is a little space intensive so we're exploring additional options. Feel free to help send along some recommendations...

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at the Palomar for a weekend business trip on recommendation. When I called to make the reservation the staff recommeded I sign up for the rewards program which gave me great benefits such as free wifi and a $10 credit to the mini bar. This was my first visit to LA as well as to this Kimpton property and was very pleased with the overall experience. The staff were very nice, accomodating and very helpful every day. The lovely touches such as the comlimentary coffee, tea and fruit water in the morning and the complimentary wine at 5PM all in the lobby was a delight for me. My room was stylish, comfortable and very clean. There was even a framed picture of my husband and I waiting for me in my room (they requested a picture prior to my stay). There was never a wait for valet and I always felt very welcome after a long days work. This hotel is pet friendly, which normally turns me off but the animals looked so happy waking around the property and I sometimes forgot they were there. Although I didn't get to see the sights, it is located near West Hollywood, near the 405 and close to some nice restaurants, tourist spots and shopping. Should I ever go back to LA, I will definitely try and stay at Hotel Palomar again. Thanks so much!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Janaile,

I'm was so happy reading your review and wanted to thank you for pointing out how incredible our staff is as well as all the wonderful touch points within the hotel. As you mentioned, we're close to everything fun and relevant in LA and if I can help set up a future stay, please feel free to call me directly!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed for a spring break trip with friends recently and was blown away by the staff. Christan and DIam (forgive me if I spelled it incorrectly) were awesome and very welcoming upon our arrival and continued that standard throughout the stay. My first trip ever to the west coast was very enjoyable mostly because the hotel kept me busy being located minuets from all the action. The palomar just became my LA getaway.

Room Tip: The spa sweets are well worth the quality.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Randolph,

Thank you for mentioning Christian! We have great employees at our hotel and he is certainly one them. Thank for deciding to "getaway" with us and I hope to see you again soon!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stay at The Palomar frequently for business. It's conveniently situated and the service is outstanding. Restaurant is lovely the service is excellent. They always try and accommodate your special requests. Rooms are roomy and very clean. Love the gym, Precor equipment and very well maintained. Highly, highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: 19 th floor orders spectacular views
1 Thank GiselleLugones
Dear Giselle,

Thanks for staying with us while travelling from Florida! I'm so glad you loved our restaurant and made the time to hit the gym...congrats on the dedication!

Come see us again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have had two stays here. The staff here go out of their way to be friendly. It has nice touches. I especially like the water flavored with fresh fruit or cucumbers in the lobby. The rooms are comfortable and have many nice touches. Everything is set up to make a guest happy. If you can get a room on a high floor with a view toward LA it's really an amazing view, and I don't especially like LA.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor on the LA side ( not the wilshire side) I got it both times
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear SLOmom,

You're correct! We set up everything to make our guests as happy as possible! I'm so grateful for the review and glad you enjoyed our spa water upon arrival.

Hope to see you again soon!