“Lovely Business Trip Experience”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #38 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Houston, Texas
“Lovely Business Trip Experience”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at the Palomar for a weekend business trip on recommendation. When I called to make the reservation the staff recommeded I sign up for the rewards program which gave me great benefits such as free wifi and a $10 credit to the mini bar. This was my first visit to LA as well as to this Kimpton property and was very pleased with the overall experience. The staff were very nice, accomodating and very helpful every day. The lovely touches such as the comlimentary coffee, tea and fruit water in the morning and the complimentary wine at 5PM all in the lobby was a delight for me. My room was stylish, comfortable and very clean. There was even a framed picture of my husband and I waiting for me in my room (they requested a picture prior to my stay). There was never a wait for valet and I always felt very welcome after a long days work. This hotel is pet friendly, which normally turns me off but the animals looked so happy waking around the property and I sometimes forgot they were there. Although I didn't get to see the sights, it is located near West Hollywood, near the 405 and close to some nice restaurants, tourist spots and shopping. Should I ever go back to LA, I will definitely try and stay at Hotel Palomar again. Thanks so much!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Janaile,

I'm was so happy reading your review and wanted to thank you for pointing out how incredible our staff is as well as all the wonderful touch points within the hotel. As you mentioned, we're close to everything fun and relevant in LA and if I can help set up a future stay, please feel free to call me directly!

Albert Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed for a spring break trip with friends recently and was blown away by the staff. Christan and DIam (forgive me if I spelled it incorrectly) were awesome and very welcoming upon our arrival and continued that standard throughout the stay. My first trip ever to the west coast was very enjoyable mostly because the hotel kept me busy being located minuets from all the action. The palomar just became my LA getaway.

Room Tip: The spa sweets are well worth the quality.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Randolph,

Thank you for mentioning Christian! We have great employees at our hotel and he is certainly one them. Thank for deciding to "getaway" with us and I hope to see you again soon!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stay at The Palomar frequently for business. It's conveniently situated and the service is outstanding. Restaurant is lovely the service is excellent. They always try and accommodate your special requests. Rooms are roomy and very clean. Love the gym, Precor equipment and very well maintained. Highly, highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: 19 th floor orders spectacular views
1 Thank GiselleLugones
Dear Giselle,

Thanks for staying with us while travelling from Florida! I'm so glad you loved our restaurant and made the time to hit the gym...congrats on the dedication!

Come see us again soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have had two stays here. The staff here go out of their way to be friendly. It has nice touches. I especially like the water flavored with fresh fruit or cucumbers in the lobby. The rooms are comfortable and have many nice touches. Everything is set up to make a guest happy. If you can get a room on a high floor with a view toward LA it's really an amazing view, and I don't especially like LA.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor on the LA side ( not the wilshire side) I got it both times
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear SLOmom,

You're correct! We set up everything to make our guests as happy as possible! I'm so grateful for the review and glad you enjoyed our spa water upon arrival.

Hope to see you again soon!

Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked an overnight stay to attend a UCLA Baseball game. I only live an hour and a half away, but the ongoing 405 Freeway Construction Nightmare led me to your wonderful hotel. Even though the hotel was having its own computer snafu at check-in the staff took care of making me comfortable until the computers were up and running. Wine hour made the hour quickly pass and my keys were ready. The fitness room was excellent and I really appreciated not having an overhead TV blaring ESPN in the room. (People that is what the individual TV Monitors on the treadmills are for.) My husband and I had Sunday breakfast at BLVD 16 located in the hotel and it was wonderful. The entire Staff was very friendly. I had one little problem with a mini bar charge at checkout and Juan at the front desk did take care of it for me. BRAVO! I will be back and look for the Kimpton Hotel when I travel,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Tammara,

It sounds like you had a wonderful time with us and were able to experience several of our amenities! Don't wait for a baseball game to come see us again and please let me know if I can help set up a reservation for you.

Minneapolis
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was not the "Kimpton" experience I've had before. I asked for a room (3 weeks in advance) away from the elevator in a quieter part of the hotel on one of the top floors (standard for my travels). I was assured the room was quiet and away from the elevator. I arrived to my room on the 3rd floor, next to an electrical room, which was ajoined to the elevator. I opened the door to find the beds recently slept in with sheets spralled out and blankets on the floor as well as towels.

I was given another room. I'm not certain if all the rooms are tiny, but this one had enough space between the end of the bed/desk/dresser for one chair to fit. The decor was beautiful! The bed was comfortable! There was a refrigerator with beverages. The room was definitely quiet and toward the end of the hall.

I asked for a humidifer and 2 hours later, still no response. I called back and they brought one up within 20 minutes. I was excited. UNTIL.... I filled it with water, placed it in the holder, turned it on, and when I look back nearly all the water had drained out through a hole inside the humidifier and leaked all of the dresser, under the TV, under the glass of the dresser, and all over the floor. They came promptly to clean it up - minus the water under the glass - that was left wet. I never received a replacement.

I asked for a straight iron - as promoted and advertised in all their hotel websites as room ammenities and was told "if we have one, we'll send it up". Nothing arrived. For good measure, I asked again - same response, same outcome. I was noticing a pattern of the "Left at Home" "We have it here" ammenities - were not as the "Kimpton Experience" promises.

As for the food - I arrived too late for lunch and too early for dinner. We ate in the bar - EXCELLENT bar tender!!!!!!! The Chef was on duty and we had wonderfully fresh and sweet fruit plates and they were able to accomodate our special requests for lunch / dinner menu items. I thought it couldn't be better and things had turned around!! UNTIL... the next day. I was excited to eat lunch after my awesome early dinner experience the day before. There were only 3 tables being served - ours being one of them. We received a refill on water ONCE, only after I flagged the server. The "assistant chef" was on duty. The food was served not as described in the menu, it took about 20 minutes to get brussel sprouts and a ceasar salad and by that time the other 2 tables had cleared and we were the only 2 people in the restaurant!! The food was subpar and instead of entertaining business customers there for dinner, we opted for a different restaurant.

I'm giving this hotel a 2 for the 5-star Bar Tender and his amazing service, a 2 for the 5-star Chef who went above and beyond to make us a delicious pre-dinner meal, and a 2 for the Kimpton decor and great sleep I had. As for the rest of my experience there... it would have been a 1 star.

I won't be back.

Room Tip: I like the corner rooms or those furthest from the elevator. The rooms will either be of the busy s...
4 Thank lionesslight
Dear Lionesslight,

I am so sorry for your experience with us...I was a little confused at first since we don't have a 3rd floor so just to make sure I have your details correct I would love to speak with you in person. I would love the opportunity to make this all up to you but could use a little more insight so hopefully we have an opportunity to chat!

San Jose, California, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Palomar for a nearby conference and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of service I received. I travel extensively for business and appreciated the staff putting forth the extra effort that I rarely see in most of the hotels I stay in. When I arrived I discovered that my room had been smoked in, something that I find particularly irritating to my sinuses; the staff reacted immediately (and with many apologies, it really wasn't that big of a deal!) and relocated me to a different room. Although I'm very familiar with the area, the staff made sure to let me know that they could provide me with any recommendations or directions should I have needed them. I recommend the Palomar to anyone staying in West LA.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kevin,

I am so happy to hear my team addressed your concerns about the room so quickly...it's all how you handle it right? Well, we hope to see you again soon and please let me know if I can help set up a future reservation for you.