“Great hotel experience”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #40 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have stayed at the Hotel Palomar on 4 separate occasions in the last year and each stay was very enjoyable. The service from the bell staff to the front desk staff to the bar/lounge employees is excellent. Everyone makes you feel very welcome, and they are genuinely committed to taking care of you. The hotel has a good work out area, and I have been particularly impressed with the quality of the food from the hotel restaurant. I typically eat from the full menu in the very comfortable bar/lounge area. Ruben, one of the bartenders, is outstanding. The neighborhood adjacent to the hotel is also nice - good for walking.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Palomar. You mentioned our great employees and highlighted Reuben...he is amazing and one of the reasons why so many guests continue to come back.

Hope to see you soon!

Albert Smith

Write a ReviewReviews (1,717)

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times while in LA on business. I have enjoyed my stay each time. This last time, though, I became ill with a stomach virus. I ended up having to extend my stay to recuperate. The staff was incredibly understanding and helpful, and offered on numerous occasions to bring me tea, sparkling water, or whatever I needed. I really appreciated this as everyone needs someone to take care of them/watch over them while they're sick! I will definitely stay at this hotel whenever I am in LA.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Albert S, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Jessica,

Genuine care is what we're all about! I'm so glad my staff made a connection with you and did their best to comfort you while you weren't feeling great.

I hope you're better now and come see us again soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed for business, great atmosphere at the htoel, valet service was quick and friendly and rooms were well designed and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and the bar was a good spot to unwind at the end of the night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear TOTraveller81,

I am so happy you were able to enjoy our restaurant and unwind at our bar! Nothing like quick, friendly and efficient valet and it sounds like that's exactly what you experienced.

See you again soon!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've stayed at this chic little hotel on Wilshire a couple of times now. The staff at the front desk is so welcoming and polite. The concierge goes out of his way to help with small details. A great neighborhood too. Walk the little side streets to check out classic stucco LA bungalows with beautifully landscaped gardens of succulents and palms. Across Wilshire and up the street a bit is the UCLA campus. Worth seeing! And it's an easy shot to Santa Monica in one direction, and Melrose in the other. Again, staff is terrific. SIgn up to be an In TOuch member and get perks like better rates and your pick from the mini bar. Thumbs up!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for stellar views
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rose d

Dear Rose,

I couldn't help but notice how often you referred to our wonderful staff, thank you! They are truly amazing and the care they show our guests is why so many keep coming back.

Thank you for pointing out how wonderful it is to take a stroll through our lovely neighborhoods on the way to the Westwood Viiliage. It is such a beautiful and quaint little community!

Hope to see you again soon and thank you for the review.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

What a spectacularly run hotel!! I've had to be in LA part time for the last 3 years and it has met and exceeded all my expectations! I'm not one to write reviews (I should do more of it), but this hotel demanded :) that a review be written. The people are great. Unbelievably dialed into their guests. Everything they do (it's not all perfect) is real (never fake, never snooty). Rooms are solid. Hotel restaurant (BLVD 16) is great! Valet team are helpful and concierge staff are the best. WIne hour is a great perk and Kimpton's raid the mini bar is also a nice touch. All for a very reasonable price. If you're in the Westwood area or need a great place to stay on the west side, you can't go wrong with Hotel Palomar.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Sign up for Kimpton rewards and immediately get a $10 raid the mini bar ea...

Dear Kory,

Thank you for the ringing endorsement on TripAdvisor! I was most excited to see that my staff made such a difference in your stay and also happy you enjoyed our restaurant!

I hope you come back again soon and please let me know if I can help with arrangements.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at the Westwood Palomar on business for several trips - enjoyed my stay each time.

Some tips -

Definitely sign up to be an in-touch member, as that gets you a mini-bar credit and sometimes a little something extra (drink at the bar).

Go for a walk in the neighborhood - plenty of beautiful homes, UCLA, and the Westwood village shopping and restaurants. It's not in a touristy part of town, but there's certainly more to do than just order room service.

Breakfast at the restaurant is tasty, but otherwise the food for dinner is just "meh". Good fish tacos at the bar, though.

Ask for a room with a view - a small tip will usually get it for you. The rooms overlooking Wilshire boulevard aren't very exciting and could be loud if you're on a lower floor. The rooms looking out on LA are fantastic and seeing sunrise and sunset over the city is worth it.

Yes, the valet is expensive, but all hotel valets are expensive.

All in all, a recommended stay.

Dear Majawat,

Thanks for posting those tips! Kimpton InTouch is a great loyalty program chock full of wonderful perks. Like you, I just love those fish tacos...actually I'm addicted.

Hope to see you again soon and thank you for your loyalty!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I frequent the kimpton Palomar Westwood CA. I'm in LA for work about every other week and this my hotel of choice. Not only is the location perfect for my needs the friendliness of the staff is unlike anywhere else I've stayed. I travel all over the world and have stayed at everything from discount chain hotels to luxury resorts and when I say the service and staff are one of a kind I mean it. They greet you with sincere welcome and are always willing to help.
The rooms are decent size with everything you would need for a comfortable and relaxing stay. There are outlets for use as well as docking station for iphone. Plenty of closet and drawer space and room to breath. Only negative is there is limited counter space in the bathroom.
The in-room dining menu is a bit limited but everything I've tried is good and the service is quick and friendly. The bar / restaurant has a good atmosphere and is perfect to meet up for drink. The lobby is more like a lounge with a fireplace and plenty of comfy seating to meet and mingle with friends or clients.
I coming to LA you should definitely give the Palomar a try, you will be pleased.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Clegirl,

We can make a commercial based on your review! Wow, that was a great read so thank you and I really hope we have a chance to meet in person.

Thank you for your loyalty and we'll see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

Been to Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!