“Great Hotel on Los Angeles”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #41 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I could recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good value hotel, well located with rooms that are unique in their design.

From the moment I checked in, the staff were attentive, welcoming and nothing was a problem.

The rooms are extremely well appointed and the restaurants serve affordable and quality food and beverages.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Chamho, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear Roger B,

I really appreciate the shout out for our staff. Above all, recognition for them is really the best thing we can possibly hear!

I am so glad you stayed with us while visiting from Australia and truly hope you return in the very near future!

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Kimpton's my favorite hotel group and Palomar's a fine representation. Friendly, has what I want and need, environmentally aware, decent wifi, efficient and the only "loyalty" program that actually tips its hat to the non-frequent guest. A short WALK to Westwood Village

• Stayed: December 2012

Hello there Zzz999,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to Kimpton and for highlighting so many of our important touch points!

I hope you join us again soon in LA and I'm proud to announce we just opened another Kimpton, the Hotel Wilshire just four miles away!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

After spending 40 minutes on the phone with their remote support team.... I was told it was our laptops that have the issue. I asked to switch rooms and had no trouble connecting in the new room.

Day 2, our laptops and our cell phones... once again cannot connect.

If you are planning to do business from the hotel, I would not count on their connections. Unless you would like to work from the lobby for the day.

3  Thank Bernadette G
Chamho, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Bernadette,

I am so sorry about the connectivity issues you experienced. We rarely hear this and if I could get further information I would be more than happy to have one of our IT managers further research and follow up directly with you.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Palomar in Westwood this past weekend for my wife's birthday, and we had a great time!
-Stylish hotel
-Excellent service
-Great location
-They even gave us a complementary bottle of champagne for my wife's birthday!!!

One of best overall experiences I have had.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Vic,

Thank you for spending your wife's birthday with us! It sounds like my staff made it memorable which is always our goal! Let's try to make this a tradition????

Come see again soon and thank you for your loyalty!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Having stayed in a great many hotels in a great many locations, I was delightfully surprised by the thoughtful courtesy shown by Hotel Palomar staff when I stayed at their Westwood location. Not only were staff able to answer any question presented, they did so cheerfully. How lovely to be treated like a guest!

Room Tip: I always insist on a room that is not near either the elevator or the ice machine.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Rhys B,

Come back again soon and ask as many questions as you like! Our staff loves to help our guests find fun and unique things to do in our great city.

Thanks again for the great review!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have stayed at the Hotel Palomar on several occasions and the experience is consistently postive. Easy access to many locations. Friendly and helpful staff. Good sized, clean rooms with comfortable seating and a well set up desk area. Everyone at the hotel seems genuinely intersted in helping guests.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel have a nice view of downtown Los Angeles.
1  Thank Lisa A

Hello Lisa!

Love the baby photo! You hit the nail...my staff is extremely interested in making sure stays are unique and memorable for our guests. We have 57 other Kimpton properties that feel the same way: let me know if I can help make a reservation at one of them for you.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have returned many times to this hotel that has become a home away from home on business trips. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly, which is probably why I go back again and again. However, the location itself would be a huge draw since it's an easy walk to the shopping and dining of Westwood and not far from Beverly Hills. Rooms are comfortable and stylish and I always get a good nights rest. If you don't have the energy to walk to Westwood for food, you won't be dissappointed by the hotel restaurant with a wide selection of snacks and entrees. The complimentary coffee bar and wine hour are also nice perks. I think that the price is fair for the location, my biggest warning is to take the cost of overnight parking into consideration. It adds up at an additional $34 / night.

Dear Johndals_11,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to Kimpton and to the LA Palomar! I'm so happy to hear that my staff is what keeps you coming back...there's lots of nice hotels in LA, many come with an attitude and we work hard to keep that out of our operation!

Hope to see you again soon!