“We were very well treated”

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
Ranked #39 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I share the general opinion that this is an excellent hotel, with a great location, an outstanding staff, and nice amenities. What I appreciated most was the way I was treated when something went wrong. One night, there was a loud noise that could be heard throughout the 18th floor. When I called about it, I was offered a second room on another floor that night. The next day I received a bottle of wine and some candies with a handwritten note of apology. When I checked out, the charges for that night were removed from my bill. In short, the hotel treated me very well, and they even managed to turn a negative into a positive. I thank everyone on the staff and look forward to staying at this excellent hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chamho, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Waters96,

Thank you for the great review. I was delighted to see my staff took care of your concerns and I'm glad to know you'll be returning for a future visit!

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can help with future accomodations.

Albert Smith

Write a ReviewReviews (1,718)

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel was tastefully decorated, with dark wood and dim mood lighting in the lobby and elevator area. The room was medium sized with comfortable beds. Parking is only via valet. Everyone on staff, from valet, to front desk, housekeeping and even the engineer was friendly and polite. The coffee/tea bar in the lobby in the mornings was very much welcomed.

Now the problems: Our room was on the end (1101), facing Wilshire Blvd and had a couple of minor issues. First the hot water would take forever to come one. We complained about this and an engineer came over to say they were fixing it. When we came back later in the day, we found the hot water was still a problem. In the shower, the water would stay scalding hot, and if you adjust it down, it would go straight to cold. Very binary. Second, the HVAC unit lets out a powerful noise whenever it comes on. Third, the windows are thin and you can hear the traffic outside.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from Wilshire for more quietness.
1  Thank RHussein

Dear RHussein,

Thank you for letting the world know about our great staff and wonderful touch points! If I can ever help with future accomodations please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at the Palomar with 2 rooms connecting on the 16th floor facing Wilshire for Thanksgiving. The rates were under $200 a night and I thought the service was great. The location was excellent - close to every thing we wanted to do. The valet, bell desk, and front desk were all very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable, rooms very quiet. All around a great stay. The only downside was the pool in the back of the property had no hot tub and no sun in the afternoon since it's in the shadow of the hotel. Also, the fireplace at the pool was broken at the time we were there and there were some lightbulbs out. Just seemed a little neglected compared to the rest of the hotel. Other than that great stay.

Room Tip: The view facing Wilshire was great-got to check out all the fancy condominium buildings.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear NVRam123,

Thank you for highlighting our wonderful location and great staff. Hopefully you enjoyed your holiday while staying us and please be sure to check our website for great upcoming holiday events in our restaurant.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We are new to California, living in San Diego and decided last minute to spend the Thanksgiving holiday in LA. The proximity of Hotel Palomar to the museums we wanted to see plus our previous positive experiences with Kimpton hotels led us to Hotel Palomar. The experience was terrific - great room, very friendly staff, complementary wine late afternoon, terrific breakfasts, outstanding location. Our initial room faced Wiltshire Blvd and my husband is very sensitive to noise. The staff was kind to upgrade our room to face the quite parallel street.

Room Tip: For maximum quite, stay in room NOT facing Wiltshire.

Dear mkplantes,

Thank you for chosing to spend your holiday with us! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and loved our staff.

We have three incredible Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants you should try in sunny San Diego...

I truly hope we get to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

What a fantastic, luxury hotel that's a really great value. Beautifully appointed room and great robes! One of the best touches was the courtesy wine from 5 - 6 p.m. in the lobby! Everything about the hotel was very easy. From the minute you step out of your car, the staff is very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Chamho, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear Gail,

Come back and see us again soon and I'll have a brand new leopard print robe wrapped and waiting for you take home with you!

Thanks for the wonderful review and I truly hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in early November. Check in was quick and easy and the bell desk brought the bags up to the room quickly. They have a wine happy hour in the lobby from 5-6pm and we arrived a few minutes too late for it as they had put everything away already. We asked though if there was anything still open and it was no problem for the bellman to bring up 3 glasses of wine to our room. Above and beyond service! Another highlight were the fish tacos in the hotel restaurant, delicious and the happy hour special was a good value.

The room was large, modern and clean. We had a Vista King Spa Suite. The bathroom was as large as some rooms I've stayed in in NYC or Paris. You could swim in the Jacuzzi.

Overall a complaint free and fantastic stay, Will recommend to friends and stay again when in LA. Easy access to the West side, Santa Monica, Getty, and Beverly Hills.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Redline325,

It sounds like our bellman really took great care of you! Also, I was so happy to read that you enjoyed our Spa Suite, the jacuzzi's are incredible!

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Clean, comfortable bed in a small, but adequate room. Hotel lobby seems to come alive during the afternoon wine tastings, which also featured a couple of nice cocktails, apps and desserts. Location is good if you're doing something at UCLA but is a decent drive to the water or downtown LA.

Unfortunately, room type wasn't available at check-in; I had to be moved to a different room on the 2nd day of a 3 night stay; both the first room and the second room were directly next to the elevators on a middle floor rather than the away from elevators on a high floor, which was confirmed at reservation. Didn't seem like anyone was focused on fixing any of the issues. Pretty disappointing Kimpton experience.

Room Tip: Wilshire is a relatively big and busy street so ask for room high floor away from Wilshire if you...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank W T

Dear Woody1811,

I am delighted you enjoyed some cocktails, apps and wine hour! I was also saddened to learn your room type was not honored and hope I can personally make it up to you during a future visit?

Either way, I would love to speak with you further about your experience and how we handled it.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

Been to Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!