Best Western Plus Dragon Gate Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Pagoda Motel(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
Metro Plaza Hotel(Los Angeles)
  • Breakfast included
Kawada Hotel(Los Angeles)
  • Free Internet
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewsunion stationdodger stadiumla chinatownyang chowhill streetclose to downtownolvera streethardwood floorsfree breakfastbreakfast staffsafe areahotel is locatedwithin walking distanceparking garageguest roomsbagelsconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 10, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Me and my husband went on a spur of the moment trip to LA which is about 2 hours from home for us. We went to Hollywood, Santa Monica, and Manns Chinese Theatre. The Cleopatra exhibit was in LA and I despareatly wanted to see it the only problem was it was family day at USC. Which meant EVERY hotel in LA was booked! We werent paying attention to the time and before we knew it was 2am and we were exhausted.

Too tired to drive all the way home we used our Costco Membership for a discount at this hotel we paid $90.00 for the night but I loved the niche type hotel. My husband especially loved the deep red wall. All in all it was a nice bed, nice shower, and nice place to lay my head at night.

The only cons that I would indicate are that parking isnt enough for a full hotel. We ended up paying $12 for parking just outside the lobby and not inside the parking structure. I was a little worried about leaving my car but all my worries were unfounded. As we woke up the next day we had their "Continential Breakfast" that consists of warming trays but it was yummy sausage!

All in all very thankful they had a available room. And happy that it was a new section of LA I have yet to explore.

Room Tip: Choose a room if you can with a street view. Lots going on in the morning!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chrisy A
Reviewed December 22, 2012

we stayed here for one night, so we could catch the amtrak train the next morning. we got there before 11am, but they didn't have a room cleaned. we left to go grab something to eat. they said that our room would be ready when we got back. they put our luggage in there office under lock & key. we were gone for about an hour, they had a better handicapped room for us. we walked into our room & wow was it big. the bathroom is as big as our bathroom & bedroom combined.. it was huge. the rest of our room had a king size bed, 2 end tables, table & 2 chairs, refrigerator, flat screen tv, computer desk with chair. the place has alot of other businesses around the whole building, so it is like a little city. we would stay here again.it is also right in the middle of chinatown.

Room Tip: stay on the 3rd. floor, very quiet
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teenytinyterri
Reviewed December 20, 2012

If your budget does not include the Bonaventure, then I recommend this smaller hotel. The place is well appointed. There is parking, a must in Los Angeles. However, it's conveniently located within walking distance of all in Chinatown, and a short bus ride from the train station where you can catch Amtrak, or any of the metro lines or Big Blue Bus. My colleagues and I often have a retreat in the area every other year, so we book this location. It is apart of a courtyard shopping center. There's a hair salon, foot massage, travel agency as well as a pharmacy and courtyard diner. When we've stayed there, breakfast was included in the form of vouchers for the diner. However, I was told they were doing to open up a separate dining space in the coming year. The staff is friendly and helpful, and printed out our boarding passes for us, with a smile. The room I had 2 queen sized beds, with a flat screen TV, and fridge. It's not a luxury property, but it is very well appointed for the price and very clean. Both times I've stayed there, foreign travelers from Europe have said they really liked the price point for these amenities and proximity to downtown Los Angeles.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business