“Worth the money”

Ranked #219 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Houston, Texas
“Worth the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have read some the negative reviews and I am confused because I experience was nothing like theirs. Staff was friendly. This one guy named Angelo helped me out a lot. You get what you pay for and it was totally worth the money. Fair price. Its actually in a great location, especially if your a foodie like me. Easy to get around from the hotel as well due it its location. Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Since LA is such a big City, this Hotel was for my prfekt place, where I could go to all kind of places,LA had to offer it is safe, clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful . I was happy with my choice and will recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
London, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in march of 2012 to run the los angeles marathon. My mother booked the hotel with her flight as a package, so it was a deal. She then booked me a room for one extra night after she left so that I could rest my legs after the race alone. It was a good price. We liked the area, as that is where I used to live so we chose the hotel both for the price and nostalgia.

The hotel itself is very basic, and unfortunately during our stay the pool was under construction. We where really looking forward to that feature. Other than that, it is a very basic, average hotel with all of your basic needs. The rooms, although are a little outdated, are very clean. The bed is very comfortable too. Or, perhaps I was so tired I didn't notice a difference.

My only complaint is that one of the reservations men over the phone was kind of rude when I called at a later date to inquire about something else involving the hotel.

The area is great, slap down in LA's Hancock Park, very close to miracle mile. There are a ton of great restaurants in miracle mile to choose from, as well some of the best shopping options.

If you need a place to stay at a reasonable price in a good area, I would choose Dunnes Inn Wilshire. Do not expect a Marriot, hilton or Ritz Carlton. This is not it. This is a 3 star hotel, with 5 star folded napkins. Seriously, you will get a kick out of the detail in which they fold the bathroom napkins! It was cute.

Room Tip: There is no fitness centre to my knowledge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fran D
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel was perfect for our stay. Great rates plus it is a clean place. We were visiting from san jose CA and visited all the major attractions in los angeles. I felt we were located close to everything. I will stay here again and will recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Georgetown, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was our first trip to LA. This hotel was booked by our travel agent when we said that are needs were clean, safe, good location and good value. We were very happy here. It was one of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed at and the staff were very helpful and friendly. It was about 20 minutes from anywhere it seemed, so the location was ideal for us. The courtyard pool area was well maintained and a delightful space to recharge after a day of sight-seeing.
Negative points (that did not matter to us but might to others): No restaurant on site, no iron, no hair dryer and the air conditioner was loud. In spite of that, we would (and will) stay there again.

Room Tip: This hotel is around a outdoor courtyard so all the hallways have outside access. Our room was on th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here in July. The price and location were both pretty good. The Inn could use some updating, and the parking spaces are very close together, but overall not a bad place to stay! The dark carpet could use replacing, but it was clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tata07
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I made a reservation in advence with priceline, fully paid and non refundable according to their terms (this alone shoud have give me a hint of what I was about to experience) so they put me in a worst room ever. The room was stinking, old, dirty, carpets with big stains and smell, sheets are missing, no hot water, missing pillows, noisy, stuff was rude and didn't want to help.

Don't get near this place.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family