“Highly Recommend”

Cross street: Fairfax and Third
Phoenix, Arizona
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

The food was excellent,.as was the service and location!

There are 2 different menu's...one for inside dining and one for outside dining. They both have virtually the same choices. We enjoyed the patio.

Highly recommend

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
“OK. Nothing special.”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Uninspired menu. Good service. Good portions. Meat tasty, nothing else has any inspiration.

Visited March 2011
Vinterbro, Norway
“Go there to eat well and watch the people life”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We made a stop at Farmer's Market and the Grove during our bus tour through LA with Star Line. This is a lively area, with shops of all kinds, a trolley, a meeting with the real Santa Claus(!), lots of cafes and TV recordings. We made a stop for lunch on the corner with our kids aged 3 and 4, and had a table outside on the patio. Outside we saw a handful of paparazzi who were looking for celebrities :-)

Morels French Steakhouse and Bistro offers a great location, an excellent kitchen and a competent staff. We had a light lunch with pasta and grilled cheese for the kids, and a hamburger and chicken bagette for ourselves. The total was 70 USD before tip.

An interesting experience was the trip to the toilets, up the stairs, with a lot of wine awards and a really nicely decorated second floor.

• Visited November 2011
West Hollywood, CA
“What was once a Diamond has reverted back to a lump of coal”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Unfortunately this is not a good review. I've been a longtime customer of Morels and have had nothing but raves on this place, however, my most recent visit has left me feeling blue. The upstairs dining area is by reservation only and has had a separate ore select menu than the one from the downstairs bistro that is walk-up. That my friends is no longer, both up and downstairs carry the same menu, which is disappointing because the quality of the food has dropped. It's nothing more than a glorified Sizzler, when I use to put it on the same level as a Maestro's or BOA. To recap my experience: showed up at the hostess desk and no one was present, stood there for over 5 minutes with server staff walking back and fourth past us not even acknowledging us until I had to literally jump in front of a waiter walking by to catch his attention. After a bit of confusion on their part, I was finally seated with my guest. Our server appeared shortly with menus and promises of returning, did not even ask if we wanted to start with a drink, walked by three more times each time promising to be back shortly and not once asking us for at least our drink order. Finally when she did come back, we gave her our order and had to remind her that we had not placed a drink order yet, which she finally took (included a cocktail for me and bottle of wine for the table). It took another 10 minutes for the cocktail to arrive and the bottle of wine was delivered at the same time (even though we had requested that it be served with our main). Our appetizer of oysters arrived shortly after this and as we were enjoying our appetizer our server approached us and asked us if we would just be eating appetizers or if we wanted to order mains. Surprised I reminded her that we HAD ordered our mains along with the appetizer and she had to check her notebook and then realized that we had (which meant our order had not even been put into the kitchen yet). Nearly 40 minutes later our mains finally arrived, but not before or server took a good 15 minutes to prepare a table side salad at the table behind us. All the while our server was fumbling around like she had never served before. When our mains did arrive, mine was the incorrect order (I had ordered the bone-in rib eye only to receive a boneless rib-eye), after advising the food runner of this error, they attempted to correct me and tell me that that WAS a bone-in rib eye. After pointing out that there was indeed no BONE in the bone-in ribeye the runner proceeded to tell me that is what I had ordered.. Flustered I asked for my server, who I then explained what happened and she assured me she would go check with the kitchen to find out what happened and get back to me... 10 minutes and seeing our server take care of 3 other tables across the balcony I decided to just cut into my food and eat.. Only to then find out that my steak was cooked at the temp my companion had ordered (medium) and theirs was cooked at the temp I had ordered (med rare). Finally I was able to flag down another server who I explained that my steak was incorrect and that our temps had been messed up. They bring the manager over who I have to again explain the situation (mind you all this time our server never came back to the table). After asking the manager to take the steaks off the bill and just bring us our check, she was insistent that they could fix the order and have us new food in 10 minutes, but by this time we were over the poor service and lack of accuracy on our orders. About another 10 minutes passed by (nearly 30 minutes now) before our server finally appears at our table and gives us our check and proceeds to apologize and put blame on the order (both the temperature and the incorrect steak) solely on the kitchen, i guess in an attempt to save her tip. Needless to say my experience here was horrible and while the first one of this kind on the many visits I have made, it was the one that made me decide to no longer frequent this establishment. What was once a great place to get a delicious aged steak has now turned into just another run of the mill mall restaurant who does not provide the level of service expected of a good steak house.

• Visited October 2011
lima
“Kids friendly restaurant and great food at The Grove”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We made a reservation for 5. We had a great table and the waitress was very kind. We had Steak Frites and hamburguer for the kids. Everything was good.

• Visited July 2011