2,429 results
All reviews little tokyo japanese garden double tree union station urban tavern rooftop garden warm cookies skid row nice hotel self parking homeless people business center business trip shuttle service hotel restaurant fitness center street noise
Selected filters
Reviewed March 1, 2017

Great location in Little Tokyo. Great service and good employees. This hotel has a great Japanese garden and it connects to a small mall area with eateries. This area seems like it is under development of new apartments.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeManagement, Director at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2017

Hello T9884NBkarenm, thank you for the kind words and review you shared with us.

I do hope that you will allow us to be your hotel of choice in Los Angeles

Reviewed February 28, 2017

While the bedroom itself was acceptable, though a bit run down and out of date, and we liked the Japan Town location, we wouldn't return for these reasons:

* Our bathroom (room 1717 on an hhonors floor) was tiny--workable if you are alone but difficult to share when there are two of you trying to use it in the morning. There simply is no room to maneuver--it was way too dysfunctional for the price. I asked if we could move to a room with a more functional bath but reception told me they are all the same.

* Even though we were above the garden, on the 17th floor, noise from the street--sirens and trucks--bothered us all night. The windows seem to be single-pane and we could hear everything.

* It was hard to log into the wifi, and even though we were there four days we had to log in anew every day. The challenge is getting the log-in page to open--I had the same problem with both my android phone and tablet. It would look like I was connected, but it wasn't true. I had to keep opening a browser and trying to navigate to a URL. Eventually the log-in page would open. These people really need to upgrade their software.

Room tip: Select a different hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello SamWoodward, thank you for the time you took to share your experience with us. I am sorry that we did not deliver a better experience for you.

If you would please allow me a chance to discuss these matters with you offline; I would like to Make it Right for you; if you would email me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com with the best times to contact you. I will happily assist in attempting to make this memory positive

Orlando Salazar

Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

It's a good hotel though everything is chargeable including Wi fi.
Morning breakfast menu is nice.. room is cozy, bathroom is clean, all the toiletries are provided. Ironing table and iron is there. It's right next to a factory outlet.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
DoubletreeManagement, Director at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2017

Hello DynamicVioletta, thank you for the review; I am afraid to inform you that this review is meant for the Doubletree by Hilton Los Angeles Commerce; while we are located in Downtown Los Angeles about 30 minutes west of them. I will advise them of their good work around and I am sure they will be happy to hear this!!

Reviewed February 26, 2017

Hotel was clean, service at hotel was very good. The restaurant was at best a c. Poor food and service on a not so busy Friday night. Stay there, but i would highly recommend eating someplace else, as it was very disappointing!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello patrickghR9695DH, thank you for the time you took to review us. I am pleased that we were able to provide you with good service and a clean hotel; but I am disappointed we did not excel in our restaurant. If you would be so kind as to contact me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com. I would like to discuss our shortcomings and hopefully make it right for you

Reviewed February 25, 2017

We liked our large, well-equipped room, city view, and the parking garage. Our first room faced a busy street and 40-year-old windows allowed loud street sounds to come into the room. We moved to a quieter room facing the garden, which pleased us. Most restaurants in the area serve Japanese street food to a young crowd. The hotel has a restaurant, but the menu didn't appeal to us. However, we have stayed in LA many times and we were pleased with the value we received at this hotel.

Room tip: Rooms facing the garden are quieter.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello wonderfulworld, thank you for the review! I am glad to read that you enjoyed yourself and we were able to provide you with a great value!

We hope you will continue to frequent our hotel in the future