“I don't miss you”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
Ranked #62 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Before arrival I got a special message from Kyoto about a 50% off at their restaurant. Just check in and ask at the clerk. Well they did not know anything about it. And I'm still waiting for an answer. Instead I've got a new mail from them, promising a 10% on the next booking subject "WE already miss you". Well... the executive room was poor. Furniture ancient, toilette small, the overall impression was mediocre.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 7, 2009

The hotel itself is fine. The rooms are not as well designed as I had expected. They're standard mid tier hotel rooms. My issue is not with the amenities or the rooms. It's with the horrendously loud music we had to deal with every night of our stay. They opened a lounge on the rooftop garden, which is on the third floor. Several floors of rooms are above the deck so when there is a party, the music is so loud, you can't hear someone talking to you in the same room. My husband and I were traveling with our one year old son so this became a huge issue. After the first night, I asked if there would be any more parties during the restof our stay and was assured there wouldn't be. The next night, the music was back and my son once again was miserable from exhaustian. When I once again expressed my displeasure, the hotel supervisor apologized but offered no palatable solution. It was obvious that I was not the only one to complain. This hotel may be reasonably priced, but if younare looking for any amount of peace and quiet as well as decent customer service, go elsewhere. They don't deserve your business.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2009

This hotel is simply a gem. I stayed here for business back in January and I was very pleased with the hotel. The hotel has a very chill/zen feel to it to it which was nice to come back to after being in meetings all day. There are a few really nice ponds around the hotel that I saw that added to the zen feel of the hotel. The dining room over looks one of the ponds with a waterfall which was really nice. If you are in LA for business and looking for a chill hotel then you should check this one out. The best part, you can usually book it for under $100 which is a great price. I booked mine on EasyClickTravel.com.

Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Booked our hotel by phone and was told they had a free shuttle to the Dodger Stadium but when we got there they said no. I talked to the manager and proved to him that Paul had told us that and so they paid for a taxi both ways both days. However if I hadn't kept good records they would not have honored it. Get names, dates, etc. The rooms where very nice and the bed was the best we had all vacation.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2009

The room was more than what we expected, we stayed in the deluxe room, which was very nice. The garden area was great and we enjoyed having cocktails and appetizers while listening to great music. The staff was very nice and we truely enjoyed our stay.

The only down side, we were there for a Dodger game and I'd suggest they have shuttles specifically for that. Something that will take and pick you up after the game, no matter the time. We had to take a cab, which wasn't a pleasant experience.

Reviewed July 20, 2009

We stayed 3 nights and got the room for a great price of $75 a night for a king bed room from their website. We found our room to be of great value, the hotel itself was very nice and grand, we liked the lobby, the garden was only okay for me but it is very nice. The room was spacious with a nice big flat screen tv, the bathroom was also very nice, clean and spacious, the toiletries provided (shampoo etc) was only ok - didn't lather very much, but the soaps were nice. There was also a hairdryer. The fridge didn't seem to be plugged in.. the best thing about the room though was the bed! You have to have a good bed to crash in at night and this was definitely one of the best beds we slept on, the pillows were plentiful and also very comfortable. The hotel was very close to the civic center metro station (takes maybe 10-15mins walk), also union station. There were restaurants in the hotel but were expensive (we didn't get to eat there), we had a bad experience trying to get food around late afternoon (3-5pm) and there were not a lot of food places nearby!! It's in downtown Los Angeles which was mainly buildings and offices and not much of shopping and the sort (there was mall or something behind the hotel but we didn't really check that out). There was a police station very close by which may bother some people as there were sirens going off very often and at night or in the early morning but it didn't bother us so much. It's around 20-30mins taxi from LAX and cost us 39 dollars. Their wifi was not free, it wasn't the fastest connection either. To conclude, Kyoto was a good hotel, I'd rate it a 4.5, would definitely stay again when back in LA, and recommend to others.

Reviewed July 13, 2009

The rooms are large and the LCD TV very big. The location is in downtown, right in the Little Tokyo area. From the 19th floor we could see the 4th July fireworks around the city.
The parking is pretty expensive (24$) you can park easily in the Little tokyo Mall next to it!
The downside, staff very bad and rude!