“Good stay for downtown business”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
Ranked #59 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed here overnight for business in the downtown area. Great location near little Tokyo. Seems like a decent area although I was not out after dark. Staff was attentive and helpful. Room was spacious and very we'll appointed. Very close and convenient to Union Station but far enough to not hear trains at night. Really enjoyed the roof top garden. Very serene.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Samuel R, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us as well as others. Our team is delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We look forward to serving you again in the near future. See you on your next visit.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I was in downtown LA on a business trip for a week. I reserved a room at the Double Tree, and what a great decision. I give this stay 5 stars!!! Upon checking in, they give you the best cookies, the room extremely clean, comfortable, staff was great, and the location was great!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The staff at the DoubleTree downtown Los Angeles was just wonderful. From the top of the food chain on down. I want to personally thank Ms. Chai Kertenian at the front desk for being "awesome". She was very welcoming from the first day I checked in all the way to the end of my stay. I was here for business for 42 days and each day and night the staff at the front desk was very kind and accommodating to the smallest request. The bellman staff was wonderful as well, Jacob, Robert, Jose and the rest of the bellman crew was always willing to help with getting me and my colleague to work, even during their busy periods. The bar staff was also wonderful, Azine was awesome each and everyday, Jessica was awesome as well. The next time I come to LA and I need to stay downtown this will be my choice. Three thumbs up for the entire staff at the DoubleTree Downtown Los Angeles.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Hello Anthony, Thank you for the great review! our staff is our most important assett and we are very proud to have them with us. I will personally share with each of them your kind words and ensure that they are all recognized for their efforts.

Thank you again!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Pleasant, helpful staff, typical type rooms, great location if you want to be in the heart of downtown. Immediately adjacent to Little Tokyo. Breakfast buffet was included in our price. It was pretty good - the usual array of breakfast food (including greasy bacon!) - nothing extraordinary.

Parking costs for self parking in their garage is $30 a day, $38 for valet. If you can't get them to waive the parking fee, there are plenty of places within a few blocks for between $10 and $20 a day, but I don't know if that includes being able to come and go as often as you would like, which the Doubletree does.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Hello David B., thank you for reviewing us! I am sorry that our breakfast didnt wow you like it does for me but I am confident that Chef Francis will continue to experiment and try out new things to reach a level of quality that will be second to none.

Thank you again for advising us how your stay was

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The downtown Doubletree is a clean and spacious hotel in an excellent location. The staff is helpful. The breakfast buffet, its staff, and the variety of items included (i.e.Japanese miso soup as well as an omelet station) were very good. The hotel has a lovely Japanese garden. There was a nice view from our upgraded comfortable two room suite. The hotel is a short walk to dinner in Little Tokyo, the Disney Concert Hall, the LA Times building, the modern art museum, and the unique Edison nightclub/restaurant. It’s a 15 minute walk from the Amtrak station. The hotel has self-parking as well as valet parking. I think they can also provide local shuttle service. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelmaven1

Hello Travelmaven1, Thank you for the kind review! I am happy you enjoyed yourself. Our DoubleTree Breakfast Buffet is very tasty, and my personal favorite is the made to order egg station! Adriana, our cook, does a great job in making her eggs fluffy and tasty!!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I always stay at this property when traveling to Los Angeles. The location works for the business I attend to but even more, I adore the staff. I have never had a negative interaction. They are attentive, pleasant and professional. I feel at home with them. They also have the best house made granola I have ever had... been working on getting the recipe but no one will give it up! This time "Annel" at the breakfast buffet is the one who really made my stay pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Hello TravelzGal, I am glad to read that we have become your hotel of choice in Los Angeles. We truly appreciate your loyalty to us!! I know the feeling on the granola, as I have also attempted to get the recipe and Chef just wont share!!

But rest assured it will continue to be a staple on our menu and feel free to serve yourself as much as your heart's desire when you visit.

See you soon

Doubletree.
The downtown Doubletree is a clean and spacious hotel in an excellent location. The staff is helpful. The breakfast buffet, its staff, and the variety of items included (i.e.Japanese miso soup as well as an omelet station) were very good. The hotel has a lovely Japanese garden. There was a nice view from our upgraded comfortable two room suite. The hotel is a short walk to dinner in Little Tokyo, the Disney Concert Hall, touring the LA Times building, the modern art museum, and the unique Edison nightclub/restaurant. It’s a 15 minute walk from the Amtrak station. The hotel has self-parking as well as valet parking. I think they can also provide local shuttle service. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for garden view and/or higher floor view.