DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, United States
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Overall - very good. Walking distance to Little Tokyo, close to major freeways, but still very quiet. Restaurant could improve on dinner menu but continental breakfast was perfect (try to get the package deal so you save some money). Will stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Hello Alex, thank you for sharign with us. I have shared your feedback about our dinner menu offerings and they have already added some seasonal additions such as Cioppino, Crispy Soft Shell Crab and Black Pepper Burger which were added just this week!

We are excited as to what new further additions Chef Francis will be adding so please come visit us again and let us know what you think!

Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
los osos, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was so unhappy to be called to Los Angeles for Federal Jury duty as I live 4 hours away but it was a joy to stay at Double Tree LA. People were so comforting and understanding of my predicament. They even offered free shuttle service too and from my Court duties and they accommodated my need for down free pillows. I would definitely stay again

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Toni, thank you for sharing with us; we are proud that our efforts made this trip to Downtown Los Angeles a positive one, even under JURY DUTY circumstances.

Heres to hoping that your next visit will be for fun and not work!

Ewa Beach, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Central location to many attractions in LA. Rooms were excellent especially the beds, soft and comfortable. Would recommend as a place to stay if you want to see a lot of LA and not just Disneyland. Even though Disneyland was more than 20 minutes away, the drive from Hotel onto the freeway and back was a snap

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Dwight, I am glad to read that our location was not a hinderance for your trip to Disneyland; being so near the 5 Fwy makes the commute quite easy.

Hopefully you will choose us again in the future.

Claremont, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was there for an event that was taking place nearby. They had a block of rooms. Beautiful room and very comfy bed. The view was fantastic. Especially at night. Helpful and courteous staff. Love it, that Starbucks is right at the corner. Nice gift shop lady. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Tani, I am very happy to read that your had a wonderful stay. If you need assistance in the future in booking our hotel please do not hesitate to contact me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com

San Diego, California
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel so that we could attend a dr. appt. at USC. From the minute we pulled in to the moment we checked out, we had just an incredible experience. The rooms are gorgeous and the staff is amazing. I rode the elevator with the GM and he made sure we were having a great stay of which we did.

1 Thank Marlene072
Hello Marlene, Thank you for sharing with us; we are all proud to read that your stay was positive. Joe (our GM) is a great leader and we all take our cues from his leadership!. I will happily share with our entire team your review!

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2014

It's a great very modern hotel that's been updated in 2012
Huge thanks to Giovanni at the front desk he was extremely helpful and gave me a room with a gorgeous view of downtown LA as I requested. (choose line 17/19 or the side that faces the garden)
There was another lady at the front desk, I asked her to give me a room with a nice view of downtown but she gave me the one that faces an ugly solid wall of the neighboring building so I had to change it, then she gave me another one and I got so upset because it wasn't what I asked for! I had to got to the front desk again and Giovanni did his best to make my stay very enjoyable and memorable! The room was great and the view was just stunning especially at sunset!
There is Starbucks downstairs and lots of different restaurants in Little Tokyo. I'd highly suggest Spitz restaurant (10 min walk) that serves very yummy food (home made white and red sangria and chicken garlic shawarma)

Room Tip: Rooms on the garden side!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hello Alexey! I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and Giovanni was able to provide you with a great view of our great city!

Bakersfield, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We were in LA for my husband's surgery at USC. Our stay at Double Tree allowed a good night's sleep and easy access to the hospital. We had dinner in the restaurant and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of food and reasonable prices. That was an added plus. We will recommend this Double Tree Hotel to our friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Donald, I trust the surgery for your family member went well; with that said I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and it's facilities.