“Hotel Gardens provide nice venue”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
Ranked #59 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights to attend a wedding in the Japanese gardens at the hotel. The gardens are beautiful and provided a perfect venue for a small wedding. Everything went smoothly. The breakfast is good (although it does not vary). Hotel staff were very pleasant and offered courteous and efficient service, as well as good advice on restaurants. The interior is well designed, and well kept and in fact, very inviting. I'm not sure if I would stay here if it wasn't for the wedding, but there are some nearby areas for walking and exploring downtown.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Hello and thank you for reviewing us! I am very happy that your team was able to meet your needs. Our gardens are such a great area to unwind and I am glad you were able to enjoy them

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Staff and shuttle drivers were EXCELLENT. The Hotel is nice, but noisy. The restaurant, good food, but we thought it was a cafe, little seating and no atmosphere . House keeping did forget a few things, but were corrected.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Lori, I am sorry that our temporary dining options were not able to meet your expectations. We are actually launching our new restaurant JUSTICE by the end of this month, so your concerns will be immediately addressed.

I hope you will give us another chance to service you in the future. So you may dine at JUSTICE

Reviewed March 11, 2014

It is true that this hotel is in a very convenient location. Right across the street from the wedding place we had to go to. However, for the price, it wasn't that great overall. The fitness center was small and not well ventilated. It was a rainy day and overall, the hotel seemed humid. The fitness center also didn't have any televisions or any good internet connection, so it was pretty boring to use the cardio machines. The machines themselves were good condition. I liked that there was water and towels and antibacterial napkins provided. The internet always required me to re-sign in multiple times a day and wasn't that stable. Cookies and greeting were good. The rest of the hotel decor looked very nice and staff were generally friendly. The room itself was generally clean, but the temperature was humid and it was necessary to really use the A/C.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Nerissa, I am sorry we were not able to exceed your expectations. I will review your feedback with our team and we will address and correct our areas of opportunity. Thank you for advising us of where we can improve,

Without feedback we cannot improve and we value each our of reviews

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel offered the best of everything. Amazing room, amenities (mattress, bathroom, refrigerator, plenty of space, etc.) I would definitely recommend to any traveler. The downstairs garden rooms (as well as the breakfast space) are amazing, because you look out at this incredible Asian garden that provides the illusion you are NOT in the middle of Los Angeles. Easy access from 101 freeway and to many downtown amenities.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello PATdeDinuba, thank you for taking time to share with us how your stay went. I am very glad to read that you were able to enjoy our amenities.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Hotel was in a great location with restaurants nearby. Concierge staff was wonderful and recognized us. Front desk staff were courteous and housekeeping did a great job daily. Cookies were delightful. Japanese garden lovely. Small maintenance issues in room were taken care of right away. We used points so we paid for parking but it sounds like the rate was decent for people who got the free parking and breakfast package.

Only major problem we had was the breakfast buffet - chose not to go after a couple days since they had run out of eggs, potatoes and bacon on the first day, orange juice on the second day, and we had to ask for coffee on the third day. There are other local options instead. It's no fun to show up for breakfast for four when there's barely enough left for one at the buffet. Also, we had to wait to be seated and tried to take away 2 of 4 seats at a table we had just put our things on, rushed us when we did start eating and did not give us coffee till we flagged someone down. The breakfast area was way too small. Also, we never saw anything in our room but there were tiny ants in the bathroom near the restaurant.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the japanese garden - that was nice to wake up to.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Helo CMF568, thank you for sharing with us about your stay. I am pleased that we were able to excel in many areas but I am disappointed that we were not able to match that result with our culinary experience.

I have shared your feedback with our culinary team and I am confident that we will address this shortcomings and reach the level of service and expectations we know we are capable of!

Thank you again for advising us.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I was very disappointed with your shuttle service. I got very sick at our work event and called to have the shuttle pick me up so I could get my car to go pick up my prescription and they told me I would have to wait for over 3 hours for a pick up. I was only 10 minutes away. I paid 36.00 to valet a day and then had to pay over 16.00 to take a taxi back to the hotel. Not good business! We booked alot of rooms for at&t and I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Sherry, I am very sorry that we failed you in regards to your shuttle trasportation. I can assure you that we will review this instance and coach the staff. Our number one priority is our guests and I am very disappointed that we failed you but I am confident we will improve from this

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed here to attend a training session in the city and booked the hotel at the last minute. From the valet, to check in to the room....the stay was very pleasant. The only problem was parking, but they made that right too. The self parking lot was full and a nightmare. When I refused to park my car in the overcrowded garage, the attendant agreed to valet my car at the self parking rate......you can't refuse that option!!!! The room needs more lighting at night. The bed was very comfy and everything else was excellent!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CaliDiva4real

Hello CaliDiva4real, thank you for sharing with us! I am glad that our Valet team was able to overcome the challenge presented with our parking lot! I will share this feedback and ensure we praise our team member!