“Pleasant surprise - USC Parents..great place to stay!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
Ranked #59 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We booked this hotel because we had points - free...First, let me tell you this was BY FAR the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in at a hotel - that I can remember. The staff was friendly, it was close to USC - where my daughter is a student...and close to the Metro - we felt adventurous taking the Metro around...very fun quick trip. My son loved the cookies! Parking was expensive but it always is in LA and we live in Hawaii - its always expensive. Staff was friendly and things were clean. We enjoyed the bar and my son ate dinner in the bar.. not bad. Overall, very good experience. Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Garden view was quaint and sweet - not a big deal to us, being from Hawaii but overall nice view!
1  Thank N C
DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Hello N C, I am glad you and your family enjoyed the hotel!

Being a Hilton Honors members has it benefits as it you were able to book a free night with your points!!

Next time you visit please do not hesitate to contact me at Orlando.Salazar@Hilton.com and I will happily assist you

Fight On!!!

Orlando Salazar

Write a ReviewReviews (2,110)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

It is apparent customer service is a priority at the Los Angeles Downtown DoubleTree. My expectations were exceeded in every way, from check-in's friendly service from bell boy to check-in desk and departure with a bottle of water offered for my travels. There are many choices in LA, but in the future the DoubleTree will be my choice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Joanna, Thank you for sharing with us; we are very happy to read that you enjoyed our staff and their service!

Please do not hesitate to contact me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com should you need assistance in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay at the Doubletree downtown LA. Staff Excellent, Room Excellent, and Cookies Delicious! They gave us a late checkout at no charge. The room had a great view of the city. It was located near many points of interest.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello thank you for sharing with us the details of your stay I am glad to read that you enjoyed yourself!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Obviously, this was not a pleasure trip,nonetheless,due to the situation, a quiet,comfortable hotel was a priority for my husband.

Due to the fact a procedure was involved, they offer a discount rate for patients which was a bonus! They also let us check in 2 hours early with no issues. This alleviated a slot of stress for us regarding pre-op requirements. They were also understanding regarding possibility of having to either: add or subtract a night due to surgery issues. Late check out was also no issue. Another bonus: usually parking is like $30 per night ...for USC patients staying there only $10 per vehicle per day. The hotel also recently contracted with a service to shuttle guests pretty much anywhere at little or no cost. For USC it was free so I could leave my car @ USC & not stress driving.
Yes, the hotel is located in downtown area, there was city noise. However, they even offer ear plugs, so no worries.Room service was actually pretty quick, too. Big plus for us is that the room thermostat can be adjusted OR turned off completely, or just use the fan for circulation if desired. No hot or cold air going off & on all night.

2 weeks later, due to complication,, we had to return on an ER basis & they found me a room at the discount rate on the spot...a relief.
Only problem for us ,and a minor one, was where to enter the Hotel! even GPS was confused! Just drive around the block till you see entrance.

Side Note: USC/Keck Hospital is so professional and for us, runs like a fine tuned machine.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Hello Jula, thank you for the kind words; I understand your visit was not for leisure and it can be a very difficult time for you. I am glad my staff was able to make your stay as stress free as possible.

Now I normally do not say this but unless you are visiting us for a vacation "We do not want to see you again!" may you and your family stay healthy and if you need us we are right here to help!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed because of our son's wedding. The hotel was excellent and we enjoyed the roof garden. The water was nice and clean and the sounds of the city was not a distraction. The room was quiet, very clean and the hot water didn't require a long wait!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Edward; I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully such a special day as your son's wedding was both positive and without challenges.

Thank you for sharing your special day with us

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Although I didn't need to stay downtown I decided this was a good deal and why not try it, am I glad I did. The staff was some of the friendliest and the hotel was done very nice. My room was very well appointed and the rice paper shades I think were brilliant. It feels like an oasis in downtown. I even had a view of the Japanese garden.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Hello GmanNomad; Thank you for the kind words I have shared your feedback with our staff and they are very proud to have been able to provide you with such strong service

Reviewed November 25, 2013

For many travelers, this may be the best option for a downtown LA stay. The staff is friendly enough, but the dated rooms and awkward arrangement of some floors (I kept getting off on the "G" floor, which turned out not to be the ground floor, and led to a dark walk into an unlighted stairwell somewhere in the building) will be an impediment to some.

By the way, "G" stands for gardens, and for those that like Japanese gardens, this hotel will impress...during the day.

Also, "Little Tokyo" offers a lot of options for eating.

Room Tip: The hotel is being renovated currently. Be sure to inquire about the renovations, including to the r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hello plamichigan, Apologies for the confusion with our elevators; our Japanese Gardens "located on the G Level" are open from 7am to 10pm. I will share your feedback with our security team as this is something we can better communicate to our guests