“Great Stay, Great Service.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
Ranked #59 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 29, 2013

OK I stayed here from July 25-July 29 2013. The hotel is huge and very beautiful. I stayed on the 10th floor, the view wasn't all that great. Beds were very comfortable, and not to mention the amazing cookies they give you. The hotel location is OK in downtown LA. About a 10 minute walk to Union Station which will take you straight to Hollywood attractions like "walk of fame,Dolby Theater, Madame Toussiant, ect..) To get here from LAX take the Super shuttle its $17 each way, not bad. The hotel is near China town and Little Tokyo. But if you think the China town is like Soho in NYC don't waste your time. There are no good shopping spots and bargains, this China town sucks. Instead for great shopping visit, Melrose Ave, Westside Pavilion, The Grove and Rodeo Drive. Overall me and my sister enjoyed our stay, great price and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again. PS. try the cookies, you'll get addicted.

Room Tip: 10th floor wasn't bad.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 1HollywoodAngel
DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Hello 1HollywoodAngel, I am glad to read that you were happy with the hotel. Our location is very convinient to Union Station. Next time you visit may I suggest the Fashion District which is a short walk away from us and there you can fidn some great deals

Orlando

Reviewed July 29, 2013

You should not charge for internet $9.99. not at this day and Age, that is a waste for us buisness travelers. Next time I will stay at Sheraton Hotels. I stayed at the 4 points at LAX this weekend and let me tell you that is a Class A hotel chain. Forget the Warm Cookie, give us free WIFI instead.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Marcio B

Hello Marcio, I am sorry we did not meet your expectation; I do hope you will reconsider and stay with us again in the future should your travels bring you to Los Angeles.

I can be reached at Orlando.Saalazar@hilton.com should you have any questions or concerns.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

While I got no "happy" vibes or even smiles from the staff, my two night stay here was uneventful and quite enjoyable. Breakfast is very good, although the space is tight, and valets attentive and quick. The best part, however, is the room as its very quiet, extra comfortable (with a wonderful bed) and spacious for a downtown location. The hotel is also on the edge of Little Tokyo, making for great walks and sightseeing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank singabob

hello singabob, thank you for sharing with us; I am sorry my staff did not provide you with the happiness we have come to expect from them. I will share your feedback with them, and I can assure yout hat they will correct this immediately

Thank you again for sharing and if there is anything I can help with please contact me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com

Reviewed July 28, 2013

First of all i should start by saying that the Doubletree by Hilton in downtown LA is a comfortable, clean and at times impressive (Kyoto roof top gardens are beautiful) hotel with generally helpful and friendly staff. I should also note that my friend and I enjoyed the surrounding area of little Tokyo and LA's fantastic tube system meant that travel to other areas of LA was cheap and easy ($20 for a 7 day all you can eat pass). My main gripes are related to parking and our room deposit. These are 2 costs that neither Thomson's travel or the Doubletree communicated to us. In terms of parking I was offered a 25% discount however this still meant that 7 nights parking came to $158. In future this should be included in he booking cost as making room costs artificially low and then stinging customers whilst on their vacation is a very short sighted business model which may put off returning visitors. The deposit of $300 was however the most concerning fee. This was again unexpected and left us short of money where a simple card swipe usually suffices at other hotels. What was more concerning was that this money had still not been returned to my friends credit card by the time we were back in the UK! I'm afraid that these woes continued when we tried to get in touch with the doubletree via telephone to sort the situation out. It took 1 and a half days to speak to a manager and when we did their only response was that it must be a bank issue. I must reiterate that this was a real shame because it left a bitter end to what was otherwise a lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2013

Hello Cooperman84, I am sorry that we were not able to properly assist you in clarifying the parking and credit card issues you and your guests experienced. I will ensure that we talk to the travel agency that booked your room with us to ensure that they communciate to any future business the cost of parking a vehicle with us. While our pricing is competitive neighboring hotels; parking is very limited in Los Angeles Downtown and properties in the area do charge.

Often times, when guests check in using a debit card the hold that hotels take will reflect as a charge since the card used is a debit card. This hold is released the day of check out by our Property Management System but the card issuing bank may take up to 7-10 business days before the funds are returned back into your account.

Again I am sorry for the challenges you experienced and if there is anything further I can assist with please contact me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had business with the City of LA and found the Doubletree to be very convenient. It was a short walk to the meetings. The hotel was clean and staff were very helpful. There is a good Starbucks right out the back door. Only downside was street noise but any hotel in downtown may have that. Overall, I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Judith, I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind words and feedback; I am glad we were a solid find for you and you will visit us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com for any future assitance.

Orlando

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at the Double Tree Downtown Los Angeles for 3 nights the weekend of July 18, 2013. I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews. However, I feel compelled to say positive things about the hotel. Lobby was nice. All the staff we encountered were very nice, helpful and positive. The beds were comfy. Room was a decent size. We were able to make it as dark and as light as could be I didn't notice any excessive outside street noise, except on Friday morning there was some construction across the street. Not the hotels fault. Good lighting in the bathroom. Plenty of plugs for cell chargers, etc. In room safe was a plus. We were on the 16th floor and could still get the free wifi that is available in the lobby. Yes, the parking is $30/day for self or $36 for valet. But all parking in downtown LA is expensive. I found a great rate on the room, so it all evened out. Starbucks is downstairs. We used the free shuttle service once to another location in downtown area. He leaves every half hour, but talk to the front desk, as you will need to reserve a seat. The fitness area was great as well. Had pretty new equipment, I think 3 treadmills, 3 ellipticals plus some free weights. I can't comment much about the area around hotel since we drove most of the time. We walked once to a pizza/bar that was about a block away. Felt totally safe doing so in daylight.

Room Tip: Our room was on the south side of hotel, 16th floor. There was some construction across the street...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Hello kluvsmexico, thank you for taking time to complete a review about your experience at our hotel. I am very pleased to read that we were able to dispell the perception you had of us from the other Tripadvisor reviews you read. Out team takes great pride in providing our guests with the best possible experience we can.

You are correct we recently renovated our fitness center and our guests have truly taken to it, I frequently pass by there and it always has a few guests in it working out.

If there is anything I may assist you further with please do not hesitate to contact me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com and I will happily assist you

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Late last year, I stayed at this property while on a business trip. I was upgraded to a suite and approximately 4-5 a.m. someone entered my room and took a personal item of mine (and yes it was expensive). I specifically know this since I woke up and actually heard the door shut and thought it was the guest next door. I stay over 70+ hotel nights a year and am always aware of in room security. I latched the bar and discovered the next morning the security latch was parallel to the door frame. When I travel Internationally, I usually take and use a door wedge and for added security. I never thought it would be an issue in the U.S.

I believe I would've had more taken from my room if I didn't wake up!! FYI, Corporate and local management was not very helpful.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Doug W
DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hello Doug W.; I am sorry you did not have a positive experience while staying with us. I understand that you have been in contact with Property Assistant General Manager Sam Reece and we have investigated this situation as well as conducted room lock interrogations. Please email me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com to discuss the matter further and i will be happy to assist.