“Nice hotel in downtown LA”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
Ranked #61 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and really enjoyed our stay the room was large and beds were great! Food in the restaurant was delicious. Good location for getting transport to see the main attractions. The staff were very friendly and helpful the room service was excellent. Very clean rooms with all the necessities.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Hello SarahD89, I am very pleased to read that you were happy with the experience you had while staying with us. I trust you will stay with us again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com for any assistance

Orlando Salazar

Write a ReviewReviews (2,152)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel is in a good location, far enough away from skid row to feel safe and handy to chinatown, little mexico and little tokyo and union station as well as local bus lines.The hotel is very clean and comfortable.There are cheaper hotels but this one is good value for money.The staff are friendly and helpful and the internet service near the lobby is excellent. The Japanese style garden upstairs is so peacefull for a morning or afternoon coffee. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Hello Stephen T., thank you for sharing with us how your experience at our hotel was; I agree with you whole heartedly on the Kyoto Garden, it truly us a very tranquil area neatly placed within the hustle and bustle of Downtown Los Angeles.

I do hope you will visit us once again in the future and should you need anything please do not hesitate to contact me at orlando.salazar@hilton.com

Hospitably,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here at the begining of May. The hotel itself was quite nice,the room was clean and the bed we very comfortable, our room overlooked the Japanese Gardens which we were very appreciative of as most of our other friends rooms looked at the concrete walls of the buildings next to them. There was a fair bit of noise during the night, but the Area is very built up, so we were expecting it.

The Bell men were very helpful and friendly.. The hotel reception ladies, not so much. The woman who checked us in had a very bad attitude and was quite rude.

i would not reccommend this area if you are staying in LA for sight seeing/holidaying, its $45 or more to a cab to Beverly Hills and other major attractions.

We were unfortunately greeted to the Downtown Area by a Homeless Woman running around naked and then pooing on the street.

We did not leave this hotel at night as we were to affraid, it does back on to an Area where there are streets and streets of homeless people somewhat resembling a third world country. We were advised by a Local and our tour guide to not walk through this area at night.

Pretty Dissapointing.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ali N

Hello Ali N, thank you for the feedback provided to us. I am sorry you did not have a great experience with our reception associates as well as the nearby area to the hotel.

Next time you visit us please do not hesitate to ask for me and I will be happy to assist you with a walking map which will assist you in getting a better perception of our grand city.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

All staff were friendly, informative and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants quality service, comfort & cleanliness. Subway is in walking distance and there is so many restaurants to choose from in the area. Loved the cookies =)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello Michelle F, thanks for the kind words shared with us. I am glad to see that you were happy with the experience and we look forward to seeing you soon... and sharing a few warm DoubleTree cookies with you

Orlando

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed at this DoubleTree for 4 nights in May. The rooms are very spacious and extremely modern. The bathroom is a bit on the small side but that is expected from a downtown hotel. The rooms are clean and staff is great. The location isn't the best but it works. There are 2 Metro stations within half a mile. This made getting to Hollywood and Universal very easy. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013

Hello rp1224, thanks for the kind words. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the convenient Metro Stations near us, isn't the Red Line to Hollywood and Universal City so easy to use?!?

We look forward to your next stay with us

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I made a quick trip to LA for medical care for my young child. We stayed here because our medical clinic has a special arrangement with the hotel for rates that are fairly reasonable. When we weren't at the clinic, we walked to El Pueblo, Little Tokyo and Chinatown. We used a taxi to get to the downtown medical areas (cost around $11-12). I don't go to hotels for the decor, so I thought it was just fine, even though I see others have complained about it being shabby. The bed was very comfortable and my little one slept very well (hip hip hooray). The staff was very courteous and responsive. It was the best customer service I have received at a hotel in a very long time. I had occasion to interact with the doorman, front desk staff, bar staff, restaurant staff, and the maid -- each and every encounter was pleasant, and my needs were handled swiftly and professionally. My only complaint was that, typical of Hiltons, the hotel food (meals, drinks, breakfast) were terribly overpriced. I shelled out for the convenience of not having to get out on my own in downtown LA with a small child. I expect to have to return for further medical care for my child, I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Hello TravelingMomfromTX76, I am glad to hear that your enjoyed your recent stay with us and would consider to stay again with us. I do hope all is well with your young one and if there is anything further we can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had business in downtown earlier this week. I've visited LA a lot over the years and have stayed at a number of places downtown. A co-worker had recently tried this Doubletree and recommended it to me. My boss and I got in late and were promptly checked in. We had parked our rental car below in hotel parking. We had to up and gone early the next morning. The room was comfortable. Slept well despite not being to adjust the A/C. Left early the next morning with no complaints. We'll stay here in the future. It's close to Little Tokyo and we both have favorite restaurants there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hello fallfan, I am very glad to read that you were happy with the experience you had staying with us. Next time you stay with us please feel free to ask us for some of our "Staff Favorites" in Little Tokyo