DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
Ranked #60 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here for one night last week. Wasnt too bad. Location is ok. Right off the freeway about 4 blocks down. Parking here is pricey at $30 a day. Found a pair of black socks in the closet. Called housekeeping and they took care of it pretty quick. The staff was very professional and curtious. The room has a mini fridge but no safe. Beds are comfortable and the shower has good water pressure. Would stay here again if in town.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Hello Will00_9, thank you for the feedback about your recent stay; I am pleased to inform you that we have recently completed a project in which all guest rooms were equipped with in room safes.

I do hope that you will continue to patron us as you stated and if there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me for assistance.

Orlando Salazar

Write a ReviewReviews (2,110)

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton with friends so that we could see a concert that was held in ChinaTown. The first part that was frustrating when we were forced to pay $36 for valet parking (per day which was not said at the time) and no option for self parking. The next day we wanted to get something out of the car and found out that the valet never turned off the lights of the car the night before, resulting in us having to jump the car two days in a row. We also were charged for calling the hotel from our own room which seemed ridiculous. The plus side of this hotel was the beautiful garden that we spent a lot of our time looking at downtown. I definitely plan to avoid this chain of hotel because of the charges and service we received from the valet and checking in/out. The bar was a good place for happy hour but that's about it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Cassie, thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with feedback. I am very sorry that you were not informed by our team members of our self parking option which is $30.00 per day with unlimited in/out privileges. I will also speak with our parking management regarding the experience with the service provided by our valet CARE agents.

If you would be kind enough to email me at orlando.salazar@hilton.com; I would like to discuss this matter further with you offline so I may make it right for you.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel was great! It's been awhile since I found a hotel this nice. Bedding and mattress were very clean and comfortable. Room was perfect, whole family slept like a baby. There is a parking fee of $15/day that isn't disclosed in the online reservations until you arrive.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Hello Linda, thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay at Doubletree Los Angeles Downtown, I am very happy to see that we were able to exceed many of your expectations. I will personally ensure that the cost of Parking is posted on our website.

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I was here for the NCAA Mens West regional basketball games. Took advantage of their free shuttle service to the Staples Center, both drivers that drove while I was here were very professional. The Director of Front Office, Orlando Salazar was very helpful during my stay. I can not say enough good things about him. Very good asset to the Hilton family. Keep up the good work.I will definitley stay here on my future trips to LA

• Stayed: March 2013

Hello lcanter1, thank you very much for the kind words shared about our team member. I do hope that the NCAA Regionals were as exciting for you live at Staples Centers as they were on television.

Hopefully your travels will bring you back to Los Angeles and you will continue to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I thought the Hilton brand carried a lot of weight in the service and expectations range, however was quick to realize this was not the case. The location is in convenient civic district in downtown L.A which is a easy 10 min walk to the civic subway station (farely safe walk as well) since you walk pass the LA police station and townhall. So from there it's about a 20min train ride to Hollywood. Also close to Chinatown and Japan town and the rear of the hotel has a nice little Japanese grocery store as well as 10+ Japanese restaurants. The hotel only has free wifi in the lobby otherwise ($10 p/day) and amenities are limited ie. soap, shampoo is about all. The minibar was also empty which was confusing.. On the plus side staff were friendly, gym was nice and you get a free cookie on arrival!

• Stayed: April 2012

Hello cbsam, I am very sorry that your stay was not to your expectations, I would like to speak with you offline if you would please contact me at orlando.salazar@hilton.com so we can discuss your stay further.

I look forward to hearing back from you

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I selected this standard Doubletree property for its proximity to my client in downtown LA and don't have much great or bad feedback to share unfortunately. A very standard Doubletree property with expected amenities and a clean property.

I would rather stay outside of the downtown area but traffic is such a nightmare in LA that it takes 2 hours to get into town from LAX area hotels during rush hour - both directions...

Valet parking is the only option here I believe and as would be expected it is very expensive - I think it was around $35 per day. One other negative thing was that the valet parking attendants (one of the two who drove the car during my stay) managed to lose the "clicker" from my rental car keys...very inconvenient and careless I felt. It also took a good 10 minutes to retrieve your car so it is necessary to call ahead.

The only other complaint...I was on an executive level floor and there was NO wifi signal the entire 2 day stay. Could be I was too far from the lobby area...

Anyway not great but not bad and definitely an affordable if predictable option for downtown LA....after checking out of this hotel, I drove to San Diego and checked into another Doubletree there...review on that property coming next.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

hello Caugh5164, thank you for your feedback about your stay at my hotel, I am sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations. We strive to be more than your traditional "cookie cutter" hotel.

I did want to advise you that we do offer our patrons self parking at $30.00 per day with unlimited in/out privileges. I will also have our wifi provider take a look at the connections on the top level as we normally do not have any issues with this.

Should your travels bring you back to Los Angeles, please consider staying with us again; I will personally see to it that your stay exceeds your expectations. Please feel free to contact me at Orlando.Salazar@hilton.com

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Clean rooms and great customer service. If you are flying to LAX you can take the Flyaway shuttle for $7.00 then call the hotel to pick you up from Union Station for free. Little Tokyo is right around the corner. Great spots to eat.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view facing little Tokyo. You can't see little Tokyo but the city vi...