“No sleep before the LA Marathon!!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
Ranked #62 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
California
“No sleep before the LA Marathon!!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I decided to stay here because it was close to Union Station where my shuttle pickup was for the LA Marathon. At 9:30 we decided to go to bed as my pickup was scheduled for 5:15am. There was clearly a party going on in the room next door. The second time we called down to the front desk to complain we were asked if we would like to move rooms. This was at 11:30 and I should have taken them up on that but we were in bed and I had all of my clothes out and ready for the race in the morning. On the third call to the front desk they never even answered and then the 4th call at 3:30am the group of at least 12 people were kicked out of the hotel. The problem I have with the whole evening is why did it take so long to kick them out? This is a nice hotel and everyone I talked to was very apologetic. The only thing we were offered was free parking as we had booked the room with our airline miles. I called twice after we checked out and nobody seemed to care about our incident so now I am telling my story on Tripadvisor.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DoubletreeManagement, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hello Jule, I am very sorry that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us the night before L.A. Marathon. I can completely understand how important a good night's rest is with such a taxing activity planned the next morning. I can assure you that our guest's rest is of the most importance to us and I will discuss with our Security team where we failed to correct this for you in an efficient manner.

If there is anything further I may assist you with I can be reached at orlando.salazar@hilton.com

Orlando Salazar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

excellent custumer service
corner room whith stunning view
next tube in downtown area
inside a shopping center
confortable badlarge room
clean room
good concierge
parking expencive better the offdtret

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello toniopride, thank you for the feedback your provide us about your recent stay with us. I do hope you will continue to stay with us whenever your travels bring you back to Los Angeles,

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel since it was a couple of miles away from a conference I was attending. This was a great experience. The hotel is located in Little Tokyo, so it is both beautiful and well-situated for walking around and discovering places to eat and shop. If I were staying there as a tourist, it would be perfect for visiting the museums in the area.

The room was comfortable and quiet. The bed was amazingly comfortable. Housekeeping kept things immaculate. The staff was friendly. The lobby is nice and attractive. The parking garage is below the hotel itself, so very convenient.

The day I was set to check out, I had to bring my colleague to the airport in the morning. I came back with plenty of time to get ready for the last day of the conference and check out of my room. But the parking garage was totally full, and the valet area packed. The valet was really nice, though, and kept my car for 20 minutes while I got myself and my stuff together. I was so grateful I didn't have to find another place for the car or throw a fit to be accommodated.

I did eat at the restaurant once, which was fine, although I think the tuna salad was partly frozen. The fries was amazing - nice and crispy!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank haparev
Hello haparev, thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with feedback with your stay. I was very pleased to read that we were able to meet many of your expectations. Above all I am very pleased to read on the assistance provided to us by our Valet CARE agents, I will personally speak with our Parking Management and ensure they are praised accordingly.

I will also share your feedback regarding your restaurant experience with my Executive Chef, to ensure we do not have this occur again

Perth
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The rooms are great here. The beds are so big, comfy and fluffy. Lots of space in the room and a massive TV. Great bathroom, the shower tap is a bit hard to use at first though. Nice, clean hotel and good service. Tokyo City around the corner and Union Station is walking distance. Very good for downtown LA. Would recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank viaipi
Hello Viapi, Thank you for your feedback about our hotel, I am very happy to read that we were able to meet your expectations in relation to many areas of the hotel.

I trust that next time your travels bring you to Los Angeles, you will continue to stay with us.

Los Angeles
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the dbl tree with my boyfriend for two days. The room was in good condition, clean and very cozy. The decoration matched it's location (little tokyo). The restroom is a little cramped but it was overall clean and functional. I had issues with the TV reception but that was immediately fixed by someone. The location is perfect for someone who loves to eat like I do. I recommend Daikokuya for your ramen experience, Ozero for a nice refreshing tea beverage, Lette for the most delicious macarons and then a nice dinner at Izakaya Fu-ga.

Cons:
- Noise: be prepared to hear sirens and ambulances almost all day, it is LA after all (it's really not that bad though)
- Parking: $30 a night, once again it is LA after all
- Internet: $9 for a nice hotel it should be free

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sumie C
Hello Sumie, thank you for your feedback, regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad we were able to meet many of your expectations; I totally agree with you on the great food offerings near the hotel. I absolutely love Fu-Ga and their unique menu.

Unfortunately Downtown Los Angeles, does have a lot of sights and sounds surrounding the hotel and next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to ask our CARE agents for complimentary ear plugs for your use to assist with minimizing the noise of the city.

Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is a Doubletree like no other. The hotel is located in Little Tokyo, so the decor reflected just that. The staff and valet were so helpful cause I had a fractured foot during my visit, but I was in a walking boot. They had someone take my things to my room, which was a corner unit on the top floor, so the view was great. The room had just been renovated, and the rest of the hotel was in the process of renovation. When I go back to LA, I will stay at this hotel again, because for the value, you can't find a better hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hello Martin, above all I trust that your foot has healed and all is well. Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay; we take great pride in ensuring that our CARE Agents live up to their name and take well care of our guests. I am glad that they met this expectation for you.

Hopefully next time you visit us we can give you a walking map of the area and you can ensure the sights of Downtown LA; such as Little Tokyo and El Pueblo which are both a short walk away from the hotel

Chiba Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The hotel is just a few minute walk from Little Tokyo. Getting there from LAX, maybe the easiest way is the FlyAway bus from Union Station then a taxi, or use an airport shuttle.

The hotel has the usual DoubleTree thing of giving you a chocolate cookie when you check-in. Actually, the cookies are very good!

Check-in was nice and fast, and the rooms quite a good size compared to some places I've stayed. The bathroom was a good size. Beds were comfortable, towards the softer end of the scale with plenty of fluffy pillows. I slept very well.The view out of the window was southwards for me, and you could see their Japanese garden below, which is very elegant.

In terms of room features, it was good, although there wasn't a safe in the room as on the web site I used. I mentioned this and they changed the room, then brought in a safe. I was quite surprised, since it was an electronic safe that could comfortably be carried by one person. I suppose it's better than having passport, laptop, etc. unprotected, but in the unlikely event someone can get into your room, they can just walk out with the safe... I didn't really know what to say. Suggestion: provide safes bolted to the wall or floor :-)

Anyway, that aside, the room was very comfortable.

Good points: the hotel was amongst the cheapest in LA for the hotel class. I didn't see why ... it was a nice place and better than the price suggested. There's a small convenience store/shop on-site.

Down sides: there were some noisy kids (20-ish) having a party (they left beer bottles in the lift!) that weekend. Also, the restaurant was quite cold that weekend.

Overall, I'm guessing the party was a one-off, and I'll definitely consider returning here next time in LA. It's excellent value and the staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hello MJB1001; thank you for the feedback regarding your stay; it pleases me and my team to read that we were able to reach your expectations in many areas. I am very happy to advise you that since your stay in March we have installed new in room safes that are secured to the floor in the closets of our guest rooms!!

I do hope you stay with us again and should there be anything I can assist with please do not hesitate to contact me at orlando.salazar@hilton.com