“Weird location but really good hotel”

Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites
Ranked #32 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montana
“Weird location but really good hotel”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I liked the hotel. But it is in a residential area. The breakfast area is small and crowded. The room was nice. It is an older hotel remodeled. The closets were huge, almost bigger than the bathroom. I am a light sleeper and I slept fine, the bed was comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and stay here again. The separate room with couch and tv would be great if we had been traveling with others....no fighting over the TV. The rooms also had a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, dryer, etc. The room was clean, comfortable and relaxing. The required valet parking was something I had not encountered before and I did not like that much but with the lack of parking space I can see why they have it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff S, General Manager at Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
I appreciate the time you took to write your review, we do strive to provide exceptional customer service, regarding the Valet Service, we provide this complimentary service as parking is limited & tight, BUT it is NOT mandatory and I am sorry if you felt it was. There is plenty of self-parking on the street directly in front of the hotel, as well as an area behind the main building, down a tight driveway. I am`also glad to hear you found our location central, with easy access to most of LA's landmarks from Santa Monica to Hollywood and all points in-between. Thank you for your patronage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Rooms are quite nice, but the hotel has a bad smell - dank and old. And the neighbours have dogs that bark incessantly. After 36 hours of flights, we really needed our sleep...
Location is OK - close enough to LAX and also Santa Monica and Venice Beach.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Riblets
Jeff S, General Manager at Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I have had a discussion with our neighbors pet, and he apologizes for disturbing your sleep, seems he was having a bad night also, and was just voicing his concerns. He promised me he would keep his barking to a minimum during day light hours in the future.

Honestly, it is feed back such as yours that inform us of areas that may need attention, I will keep an ear out to make sure that this is NOT a ongoing / nightly event.

It is our desire that all our guest get the rest they need to enjoy their stay while here in LA.
Philippines
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were upgraded to a suite which was so big. Free wifi and free parking w valet service too. It's location would require a car but that's L.A. You need a car and GPS. We didn't use the spa outdoors but I saw some guests using it at the end of the day. Amenities in bathroom was complete.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2013

For the individual or family who needs a hotel room close to LAX, this hotel is great. Approx 6.5 miles from the airport, this Best Western Plus Royal Palace Inn & Suites is the one by choice.
Prices are excellent, pool spa are available . Complementary newspapers and continental breakfast is served in the morning. What more can one say.

Room Tip: My wife and I had a very nice cozy room to the right of the main house
Hemet, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This wasn't the nicest Best Western I've stayed in, but it was clean, adequate, and had a good breakfast. It's centrally located, which is why I chose it. The staff was friendly and helpful, and I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel structure is under american standard, but its staff is very kindly. The breakfast is good, but limited room for guests. Hotel localization is close of Santa Monica beach (less than 20' if no traffic) and Hollywood (less than 30' if no traffic).

As brazilians, we were surprised with self laundry system. Only U$ 3,50 to clean and dry clothes for all Family. So, don't bring too much clothes in your travel to Los Angeles if you stay there...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I called around a few hotels when my flight at LAX was delayed overnight and this was the only one with reasonable rates, and an open room. The complimentary shuttle was quick and efficient. When I arrived at the room they upgraded me to a jacuzzi suite because there were no more non-smoking rooms as they had promised. The room is beautiful, and very clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would absolutely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

#45 of 351 in Los Angeles
The Carlyle Inn
The Carlyle Inn
#33 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!