“Good room and GREAT staff”

Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites
Ranked #28 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Checked in on Tue. Mar. 26, 2013 and was warmly greeted by all staff members I encountered.Waking up and going for breakfast I found lots of choices and thoroughly enjoyed mine. Since I had flown in and not rented a car the staff was always quick to hail a cab for me. The staff also helped with lunch and dinner suggestions. I had an emergency which forced me to stay an extra day but the staff handled that without a problem.On last day went to eat breakfast and was joined by lots of other guests but there was plenty for all. Used the computer to print my boarding pass near end of breakfast time but still more guests were filling up on the vast selection of foods. Cannot say enough good things about the staff and how they do all that they can to help out. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. My expectations were fairly low because I was looking for an affordable, safe place to stay in/near Beverly Hills (not an easy task). A lot of the inexpensive hotels I was looking at had horrible reviews (bedbugs! mold! drug dealers!) The "terrible" reviews I read about this (mid-priced) Best Western talked about parking woes and less than friendly staff. So, I decided to try it. Turns out, they have complimentary valet parking NOW and all the employees were friendly enough (I didn't pay Hyatt prices, I don't expect over the top Hyatt service). The rooms were perfectly clean; the beds were comfortable; the complimentary breakfast was fairly elaborate (lots of options!) There was even a small closed off living area in the room (good to know if we ever go back with the kids!)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We wanted to relax, spend time by the pool (did I mentioned we were here when it was snowing in Feb 2013 sens we didn't get pool time) be close to a couple of attractions, have a good breakfast to start the day. Holidays with the our whole family are becoming a rarity and are something to be highly valued.
This hotel did the job with flying colors. The rooms were very clean, quiet, and the service was commendable. The people at the front desk were actually concerned about our missing luggage (told us to phone and give the airline hell). If you are looking for quiet hotel close to nice restaurants and ammenities try it, I am glad we did.
The breakfast offered was very wel presented and offered many choices, the "young" lady that kept care of it was a real joy to be around, she had a smile to warm the start to your day even though it was in the 30's outside.
Valet parking at a Best Western "cool" make sure you have a couple of bucks for the gentlemen out front that take car of the car.
All round a very well run operation and if we are back in L.A. we know where to go.

Room Tip: In the back side "Queen" room you will want to set the alarm, man is it quiet back there
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked this hotel because the reviews seemed surprisingly good for the price. Because ratings were so good, I was shocked by the tiny, dark room. The bed is about 6 inches from the door, and the only small window is a couple feet from the building next door. Even if you wanted to open it for what little light would come through, you can't because they look right into the windows of another building. The hotel advertises free wifi, and after using it for work it suddenly stopped working. When I called the front desk they insisted that I, not them, would be required to call tech support so their internet service could be fixed. That must be what makes up for the reasonable nightly rates--you are signing up for a shift on the staff!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rakat
Jeff S, General Manager at Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your accommodations. Do to the unique layout of our property, which is not the typical box hotel, we do offer a variety of rooms & styles. I am positive that if your concerns had been brought to the attention of the front desk, they would have been able to relocate you with-in the hotel to a more suitable room type for your comfort. We did experience an issue with our WiFi during the time you stayed with us, which has now been resolved, it was beyond the hotels reach and had to be repaired by the Internet Service Provider and their equipment. My apologies for the inconvenience it may have caused you. We had just increased the bandwith to accommodate all the new gadgets out there, we now run B/G/N at the highest available speeds, without having to limit access. Again, I am sorry you had to experience some issues during our upgrade.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Overall nice & a good 'bang for the buck', although lots of street noise from Sepulveda Blvd (also at night).
We stayed in a small & well equipped & well maintained suit.
It was nice although was a bit tight...

Room Tip: Choose rear side, to have less road noise
1  Thank Avi885
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights from 2/16-2/19. I had read the reviews and so was not expecting 5 stars but was expecting a nice, clean, accessible and affordable hotel which this was in every way. We were staying with out almost 3 year old son so we were really happy to find a hotel that was truly a suite in that it had a room separate from the bedroom with an actual door that could close. This can be hard to find as lots of hotel rooms advertise themselves as suites but are actually extra big rooms with an area that has a couch/kitchenette. That to me is not really a suite but this was. We could shut the door at night when our son was sleeping and watch tv and relax in our room. The room, even with the separate room was not too big and would probably have been difficult with a family of 4 but for 3 if was just right. The bed was very comfortable, front desk staff nice and helpful and the free breakfast was totally fine. Nothing over the top but to give you a sense, oatmeal, breads, bagels, pastries, cinnamon buns, breakfast sandwiches with egg and a meat, cereals, fruit, juice and coffee. Not the breakfast for you if you are doing a low carb diet but to fill you up until lunch for free it was great.The hotel is in a pretty blah area. It seems residential sort of but not unsafe. Don't stay here if you don't have a car because it's not like you are going to be in santa monica or west hollywood walking to cute shops and restaurants. You need to drive to get to those places. There is a Trader Joe's very nearby and this was nice to pick up a few snacks for the room. As far as accessibility goes, it was really close to everything, about a 10 or 15 minute drive to anywhere we went, Hollywood, Venice, Santa Monica, Art Museum...this was not a noisy dump at all, not sure what that one reviewer was talking about unless on her stay there happened to be trashy, noisy travelers. It was clean, quiet with normal, not overly loud people staying here. If you want an affordable and convenient place to stay without breaking the bank this is it!

2  Thank kipsternewyork
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is old but rooms are spacious. Staff working in the reception are very kind. Complimentary valet service is available but really you need a car to reach LA main attractions. Basic breakfast served.

• Stayed: January 2013
Best Western Plus Carriage Inn
#38 of 353 in Los Angeles
Travelodge Culver City
#4 of 8 in Culver City

Been to Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!