“Perfect hotel for sightseeing trip.”

Comfort Inn Near Hollywood Walk of Fame
Ranked #215 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were vacationing in Hollywood mostly for sight seeing, and this hotel was perfect for our trip! You could not beat the location and price. It was an easy, short walk to the walk of fame, and only a couple of miles from Paramount Pictures. It was also only a $17 cab ride to Universal Studios. We had a good experience with the front desk staff. Checking in and out was quick, and they called us a cab when asked without hesitation. The bed was very comfortable, and the TV was really nice and we really loved the large choice of channels. The air conditioner in the room worked well. The breakfast was alright, standard for a free breakfast, and there's a Starbucks right next door if you would prefer that. The view out of the window wasn't a good one, but the room had nice shutters to block it and the sun out. Only complaints are that there were some holes in the wall in the bathroom (not a big deal), and we had to slam the door to make sure it latched shut. All in all, it was a great choice for what type of vacation we had, and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in the middle and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank COgirlinCA

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Location to walk of fame is excellent for the price. Breakfast typical for the chain. Service was good. Room had everything needed. Keep your expectations in check. Car stalls are tight. Old hotel (has character). Our room was clean. Ask for top floor.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeppy405
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights near the end of January. Booked this based on its location and price so was really not expecting much from the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the door to my room. We were on the second floor. Yes you can sometimes hear the people above you, and you can certainly hear people outside of your room if they walked by and were talking, but it did not bother us at all. The room was very clean, extremely comfy bed, huge walk in closet, and bathroom had great water pressure in the shower. The wifi worked perfectly and surprisingly was very fast. We struggled to get the TV to work, but we were hardly in the room to be watching it so it didn't matter to us. The morning breakfast was great, cereal, waffles, eggs, sausage etc.. Only real complaint was not a lot of seating in the breakfast area. We chose to bring our food up to our room to eat, to which one of the front desk staff made a comment to my fiance one morning about how we shouldn't be bringing the food upstairs as it brings bugs into the rooms. to which we replied as soon as we are finished eating we throw the garbage in the garbage can outside of the room. he was very rude! Again the location is fantastic. A short 10 minute walk down N.La Brea you will find a shopping mall with a huge Target (in case you forget anything) and of course you are only a short 5 minute walk from the Hollywood walk of fame. Couldn't have gotten a better location. Our trip this time was short, but I plan on staying here in April when I return to LA.

Room Tip: If you are worried about noise get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kasi88
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We booked this for 2 nights on a trip back from skiing in Utah,was middle of the range priced and the rooms were adequate,beds comfy...we were on the ground floor which was terrible as you could here everything goin on upstairs,I write this review only to report on the appalling manner of the so called manager who was roude and unhelpfull and was not interested in storing our bags for half a day till our flight was ready,also the breakfast wAs great but the little amount of room for seating was another joke

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2014

If I could give this place ZERO stars I would definitely do so!

Before arriving, I called the hotel to ensure they have baggage storage for travelers who arrive before check-in time, and the front desk agent said no. Upon arrival, we asked if the room could possibly be available and without checking, the front desk agent rudely replied "Do you see the time?" I then asked where guests usually wait while the rooms are being prepared and he completely went off on a rant about how it is a small-scale hotel that doesn't offer 5-star services like that and how I was harassing him by asking these type of questions. So after he yelled at me, my fiance and I left the hotel in search of another place to stay. No more than 20 minutes later, someone calls from the hotel saying my room is ready and I can check-in at any time. I asked about the cancellation policy and because I couldn't cancel, we stayed here.

When we actually got the room, it was on the ground level right next to the office. The corners of the paintings were patched up with white duck tape and the shower door was missing. You could tell that instead of replacing the door, it was just covered by a curtain (almost broke my neck from not seeing the shower step). The room was very tightly arranged so we had to move furniture just to get around the bed and to the bathroom.

Overall, this particular Choice Hotel was by far the worst I've stayed in. I wouldn't recommend to anyone who would like to enjoy a New Years getaway in Hollywood.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor so you're not hearing cars park all night.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank C282014
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We checked in to this hotel this week, and although the rooms are ok, the customer service is just awful. I would never ever stay in this hotel again and will advise anyone considering this hotel to look elsewhere.
We ordered some small packages from Amazon which arrived a couple of days earlier. We got some of them on the night we checked in and the rest the following morning. The night receptionist was extremely nice and helpful, but the morning receptionist, named Anisur, who I believe is the manager, was extremely rude and disrespectful to us. He told me that they were not in the shipping business and that they shouldn't be getting packages for us, that it was not his problem, and even asked "What is this?!?!?" Grabbing my package and staring at me. He even threatened me, saying that he should charge me 10 dollars for shipping and handling for each package. This man has no manners or customer service skills, being treated like this as a guest is totally unacceptable and really ruined the whole stay for us.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank JegrealSanJose
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Although the rates were good, rooms could use some remodeling. Interior painting, television upgrades along with a/c unit. The breakfast is a nice touch in the lodge. A bit more of a contemporary, modern warm decor would go a long way.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business