“Awesome Location” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #152 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Regina, Canada
“Awesome Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We booked this hotel based on location and price and we got exactly what we wanted. We couldn't have asked for a better location...short walking distance to the Walk of Fame, 7-11 across the street and Burger King and In-n-Out Buger very close. We also did some shopping at Ross's across the street and Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse just a few blocks away.

We needed 2 rooms to accomodate everyone. The room our son and sister stayed in was very clean but the a/c didn't seem to work as well as ours. Our room, on the other hand, had a great a/c but it smelled very strongly of urine and cleaning products when we first checked in. The odor seemed to disappear after awhile, we stayed 3 nights, we should have tried to change rooms but we wanted to stay close to our family who were 2 doors away.

Anisur was very friendly and accomodating. We had no problems checking-in as soon as we arrived, which was a couple hours before check-in. The free breakfast was impressive, it is a very small area but if you go earlier rather than waiting until the last minute, you can find a place to sit.

The pool was very clean, the kids spent about 6 hours swimming one day. The smell from the large garbage bin on the other side of the fence did get to be a bit much after awhile.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Linkoping, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here for almost a week (" 2 adults, 2 children).
A great spot close to hollywood walk of fame and several other points of interest.
This hotel served a good breakfast and the staff was very friendly, clean rooms and we are very satisfied with our stay. we recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I booked this hotel based on good reviews here. Boy did I choose unwisely! Location is great but the service is substandard.

My room was on the 3rd floor across from the stairwell. I expected it to be small, but it wasn't clean as I hoped. The A/C was loud.

I went to the front desk to ask if I could store my luggage because I have to checkout at 11am. The guy there said there wasn't one. What kind of hotel doesn't have luggage storage? He wasn't sympathetic and quite frankly was rude about it.

I was stuck with luggage and I didn't want to go walking around Hollywood Blvd with luggage in tow. So I had to go to Days Inn down the street and pay a night stay to store my luggage because they only hold luggage for customers. Basically I stayed at Days Inn when I didn't have to. I had a place to stay lined up but I couldn't go until later that evening.

The rate for one night at Comfort Inn Hollywood should be less than I what I paid for. I thought I was getting a deal, I thought wrong.

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Wuzy

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Deptford, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I don't usually write reviews, but I have never in my travels been treated so rudely at a hotel where I planned to stay! I made my reservation online months ago. Arriving on a very early morning Amtrak train, I came to the hotel hoping I could put my small suitcase and backpack someplace until I could check in. The manager very rudely told me there was no place to put it, and commented in a disparaging way that I should have come later, and check in wasn't until 3PM. I can understand being told no, but he was so very rude about it! A few hours later, after guests checked out and I saw some rooms had been cleaned, i asked about possibly checking in early, and he refused. I heard him on the phone speaking rudely with someone, and the last straw was when he got in a heated argument with a guest who was trying to check out. I don't know what his problem is, but I was able to cancel my reservation (thanks to Comfort Inn guest relations) and went next door to the Days Inn, which was more expensive but incredibly better.

It is in a "sketchy" part of town and didn't appear to have any kind of security. The Days Inn has inside entrances to rooms, with the hallways accessible only by room key after passing through the lobby. I feel much safer here. I would recommend not staying at this particular Comfort Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank mgviolin
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I read lots of reviews, but this is the first review I have ever written. I feel like I should share our experience with this hotel to others so you can make an informed decision when staying in LA.
We were on a 2-week road trip around the west and stayed in 10 different hotels. This is the only one we were disapointed with. The front desk staff was so rude when we checked in and a different guy was rude to my daughter when she called down to get the wifi password. When I called back, he was really rude to me. The wifi didn't work, the bathroom window was broken to the point where the glass sliding panel came completely out if you tried to open the window, there was a strong urine smell in the stairway. Like goneagainat63 said, the pullout couch bed was a twin. I would not normally complain about all these things if we had been greeted with hospitality and respect when we walked in the door. The breakfast was fine, the location was a little scary (vandalism in the empty lot next to the hotel and homeless, drunk people walking around outside) but close to the Walk of Fame and Universal Studios. This is disappointing for the Comfort Inn brand as I have stayed at many Comfort Inns around the country with only good things to say. I would recommend you stay somewhere else if you can - even for a 1-night stay, this is hard place to spend your money.

Room Tip: go early for breakfast if you want to sit in the dining room
1 Thank worldtraveler509
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We booked this hotel because we were traveling with 4 grandchildren. The room description said it would accommodate 6. We quickly found out the pull out sofa was a single and would only accommodate two VERY SMALL children if one slept upside down. Ha. Ha. The Mgr. said they had never had a problem but would try to find us a rollaway. Much to my surprise, he charged us $10 per night for the rollaway. It's not the $$'s, but the attitude. Room was wall to wall people with the rollaway, but we managed. Morning Mgr. did not want to hear my story. Location was great as we could walk everywhere, so that is why I gave the rating of 3 stars. Had to eat in room as breakfast area was very small.

Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
+ free parking
+ wi-fi included with decent speed
+ allright rooms, not stylish, but fairly modern
+ good location in Hollywood

Pros/cons:
+/- pretty basic breakfast, but not the worst I have seen
+/- pool area was kind of allright, located all the way in the back of the parking lot

Cons:
- pretty much useless AC when sleeping due to the loud noise, actually had to turn it off during the night
- not the most service minded staff, there were zero chance of early check-in, and no way we could store our bags at the motel for a couple of hours during the day. May be more down to hotel policies and "peak season", but not really great customer service anyway

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles