“Rude, rude, rude!”

Comfort Inn Near Hollywood Walk of Fame
Ranked #199 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I don't usually write reviews, but I have never in my travels been treated so rudely at a hotel where I planned to stay! I made my reservation online months ago. Arriving on a very early morning Amtrak train, I came to the hotel hoping I could put my small suitcase and backpack someplace until I could check in. The manager very rudely told me there was no place to put it, and commented in a disparaging way that I should have come later, and check in wasn't until 3PM. I can understand being told no, but he was so very rude about it! A few hours later, after guests checked out and I saw some rooms had been cleaned, i asked about possibly checking in early, and he refused. I heard him on the phone speaking rudely with someone, and the last straw was when he got in a heated argument with a guest who was trying to check out. I don't know what his problem is, but I was able to cancel my reservation (thanks to Comfort Inn guest relations) and went next door to the Days Inn, which was more expensive but incredibly better.

It is in a "sketchy" part of town and didn't appear to have any kind of security. The Days Inn has inside entrances to rooms, with the hallways accessible only by room key after passing through the lobby. I feel much safer here. I would recommend not staying at this particular Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mgviolin
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Near Hollywood Walk of Fame

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I read lots of reviews, but this is the first review I have ever written. I feel like I should share our experience with this hotel to others so you can make an informed decision when staying in LA.
We were on a 2-week road trip around the west and stayed in 10 different hotels. This is the only one we were disapointed with. The front desk staff was so rude when we checked in and a different guy was rude to my daughter when she called down to get the wifi password. When I called back, he was really rude to me. The wifi didn't work, the bathroom window was broken to the point where the glass sliding panel came completely out if you tried to open the window, there was a strong urine smell in the stairway. Like goneagainat63 said, the pullout couch bed was a twin. I would not normally complain about all these things if we had been greeted with hospitality and respect when we walked in the door. The breakfast was fine, the location was a little scary (vandalism in the empty lot next to the hotel and homeless, drunk people walking around outside) but close to the Walk of Fame and Universal Studios. This is disappointing for the Comfort Inn brand as I have stayed at many Comfort Inns around the country with only good things to say. I would recommend you stay somewhere else if you can - even for a 1-night stay, this is hard place to spend your money.

Room Tip: go early for breakfast if you want to sit in the dining room
1  Thank worldtraveler509
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We booked this hotel because we were traveling with 4 grandchildren. The room description said it would accommodate 6. We quickly found out the pull out sofa was a single and would only accommodate two VERY SMALL children if one slept upside down. Ha. Ha. The Mgr. said they had never had a problem but would try to find us a rollaway. Much to my surprise, he charged us $10 per night for the rollaway. It's not the $$'s, but the attitude. Room was wall to wall people with the rollaway, but we managed. Morning Mgr. did not want to hear my story. Location was great as we could walk everywhere, so that is why I gave the rating of 3 stars. Had to eat in room as breakfast area was very small.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
+ free parking
+ wi-fi included with decent speed
+ allright rooms, not stylish, but fairly modern
+ good location in Hollywood

Pros/cons:
+/- pretty basic breakfast, but not the worst I have seen
+/- pool area was kind of allright, located all the way in the back of the parking lot

Cons:
- pretty much useless AC when sleeping due to the loud noise, actually had to turn it off during the night
- not the most service minded staff, there were zero chance of early check-in, and no way we could store our bags at the motel for a couple of hours during the day. May be more down to hotel policies and "peak season", but not really great customer service anyway

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I live in Hollywood and my family was coming into town for a visit. I recommended this hotel for them to stay in because it is so close to my apartment. I live in a studio, so they can't stay with me! :). I walked to the hotel and while I was in the parking lot, talking on the phone with them, the manager walked outside and barked at me "HEY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GET OUT OF HERE!" I was in a t shirt and jeans, and I had a backpack, but I don't think I looked sketchy or anything. I was so shocked, I spilled my starbucks all over my shirt, and immediately told my dad to not stay here and we would find someplace else. I will adamantly not recommend this hotel to anyone in the future.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Nicaolas S
Reviewed July 9, 2013

When you get there, this hotel looks a little run down but the room we had (2nd floor) looked like it was recently upgraded. Nice beds and décor. There was a bit of a funky smell when we walked in but either we got used to it or the air conditioner (loud) got rid of the smell. There is an elevator to the 2nd and 3rd floors which is great when you have big luggage. During the day, use the stairs (wouldn't recommend using them at night-lighting bad/dark). One area just outside the stairway smelled of urine but otherwise it was clean. As other people commented, breakfast area is very small 3 tables for max 4 but there is a variety of food. Manager is very nice and helpful. Walking distance to Highland/Hollywood (Walk of fame, Chinese theatre, big outdoor mall). Starbucks right next door with Burger King and In-N-Out Burger close by and 7 eleven across the street. Didn't walk around at night, too tired with all the activities during day but I am sure it is safe if you walk on main streets. There are a lot of homeless people not just in this area but in many places around Hollywood and other parts of LA, very sad to see but they are harmless. I came with just myself and a 9 and 19 year old and felt safe and not intimidated in the area.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the main floor it probably would be better if you plan to go out at night a...
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel after a three hour delayed flight and a 40 minute taxi ride in traffic so we were not in the best of moods. Anisur the manager checked us in, he was so friendly and helpfully we didn't stay grumpy for long. The whole time we were there he couldn't do enough for us. My partner lost her camera in the back of a taxi and Anisur phoned the company and told them in no uncertain terms he was a regular customer and they had better find it and bring it back which they did. He called us cabs and gave directions and suggestions where to go. In reviews its called a budget hotel I stayed in the Super 8 in San Francisco i would call that a budget hotel as the Comfort Inn is definitely of a higher standard. The breakfast was great they had a waffle maker with danishes, doughnuts, yoghurts, fresh fruit, mixed cereals, eggs, sausage, coffee and fruit juices with a nice seating area to sit in. In our room we had a comfortable King Size bed a bath and shower with a fridge, tea and coffee making facilities which were filled up daily. The room was cleaned every day and was spotless. The wardrobe was big enough to walk in and store all our luggage. It's also a great location for site seeing as the walk of fame is 15 mins away there is plenty of places to eat nearby and Ralph's Supermarket which has a great selection of cooked foods is only 10 mins away. We had a fantastic stay and would definitely go back. They should give Anisur a pay rise he's worth his weight in gold.

• Stayed: May 2013