“Great value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #151 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sutton, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel after a three hour delayed flight and a 40 minute taxi ride in traffic so we were not in the best of moods. Anisur the manager checked us in, he was so friendly and helpfully we didn't stay grumpy for long. The whole time we were there he couldn't do enough for us. My partner lost her camera in the back of a taxi and Anisur phoned the company and told them in no uncertain terms he was a regular customer and they had better find it and bring it back which they did. He called us cabs and gave directions and suggestions where to go. In reviews its called a budget hotel I stayed in the Super 8 in San Francisco i would call that a budget hotel as the Comfort Inn is definitely of a higher standard. The breakfast was great they had a waffle maker with danishes, doughnuts, yoghurts, fresh fruit, mixed cereals, eggs, sausage, coffee and fruit juices with a nice seating area to sit in. In our room we had a comfortable King Size bed a bath and shower with a fridge, tea and coffee making facilities which were filled up daily. The room was cleaned every day and was spotless. The wardrobe was big enough to walk in and store all our luggage. It's also a great location for site seeing as the walk of fame is 15 mins away there is plenty of places to eat nearby and Ralph's Supermarket which has a great selection of cooked foods is only 10 mins away. We had a fantastic stay and would definitely go back. They should give Anisur a pay rise he's worth his weight in gold.

• Stayed May 2013
      Cleanliness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Pinehurst, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Comfortable room for a one night stay . . but . . keys did not work upon check in, walked back to the lobby from the 3rd floor and had them remade . . did not work again. Maid let us in our room and then the front desk made us new keys. Phone was unplugged from the wall when I tried to call the front desk. Tried to turn on the TV and it did not work. I checked to make sure it was plugged in and it was. Had to call the front desk again. Front desk came and it was the plug into the back of the TV that was loose. Sigh . . We left and went to do the "tourist" stuff when we returned the keys did not work AGAIN. Back to the FD from the 3rd floor and she said that we have to activate our keys daily. I was like . . . we just checked in today!!!! Next morning they called the room 15 minutes prior to check out AT NOON and I explained that my friend was caugh up in LA traffic and ask the front desk for an extended check out until she arrived since I was an Elite Platinum Choice Member. The front desk said they could only give me until 12:30. VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT THEY COULD NOT EXTEND IT LATER SO I TOLD THEM WE WOULD JUST COME SIT IN THE LOBBY WITH OUR STUFF UNTIL SHE ARRIVED. Inconvenience for sure! Thank goodness she arrived before 1p! In my opinion, just not the hospitality I expected and way too much hassle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sonya S

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Kannapolis, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was my first trip to LA and I feel fortunate to have found this hotel. The location is great, located on Sunset Boulevard (which runs parallel to Hollywood Boulevard). Just a short walk up Orange Drive or La Brea will take you to the Walk of Fame and the TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre, and Mann's Chinese Theatre), which is where you can pick up the Starline Tours Hop-On Hop-Off tour. This location makes it easy to take in all the sites. Parking is tight (as in most of CA), but I never had a problem locating a parking space. The hotel offers the standard continental breakfast, which offers plenty of options to start your day. The room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and plan to return on my next trip to LA.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank saw92974
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel is located one block behind Hollywood Boulevard near the Chinese Theatre. The rooms were well furbished, the carpets were wet when got in our room as they had just finished cleaning them, but they told us that when we were checking in. It was a little uncomfortable the first night as our feet got wet, but after it was dry, it was ok. The staff was friendly, always willing to help us out with any questions we had. The breakfast was included in the room rate, there was a waffle iron, which we used every day, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs and sausages and cereals. There was also coffee and tea. The room for breakfast was not very big, and we had to share our tables with other guests some mornings, but it gave a chance to meet new people.
There is a 7/11 across the road, subway and in-n-out and El pollo loco down the street. There is also a coin laundry around the corner, which is very cheap.
The hotel is great value for money and I would recommend to friends and family to stay here, if you are only looking for a place to stay, its a good place. There is also free parking on site.
Ask for a room up the back of the hotel to minimize street noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room up the back of the hotel to minimise street noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I booked 2 nights here, one was booked with points , the other paid with cash. I booked the room a couple of months before staying and requested both nights be in the same room. My fault being I booked a room with 2 beds the one night and a king bed the next. We emailed the hotel requesting the same room and didn't receive a response. I wasn't aware I booked those rooms until check in but the check in guest didn't even try to assist in making it the same room. I should add that it was just myself and my partner.

Free breakfast and wifi were a addition and rooms seemed recently renovated which was good except for some walls needing to be painted and plastic left on light switches and other little things that were an oversight.

More importantly the room was clean which was good. The area itself isn't great , though all of Hollywood seems to be like that. A very noisy area and we were located on the 2nd floor towards the main road which we didn't get much sleep due to the noise.

Free parking was good.

Overall , besides for the minor oversights, a clean , comfortable room with free breakfast and wifi. Couldn't really fault the operations.

Room Tip: avoid the room on the 2nd floor nearest the main road
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for a family vacation. The room was very clean and nice. The location was perfect for sight seeing in and around LA. The staff was helpful and the price was reasonable with our Choice Hotels discount.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Like they say don't judge a book by its cover. Initially the Comfort Inn looks a bit plain from the outside but the rooms are well cleaned, quite spacious (as much as any hotel/motel can be), the staff are extremely helpful and the breakfast is plentiful but arrive to breakfast early as not a lot of seating. It is about a 5 minute walk to Hollywood Blvd, so its like staying on the strip without the noise and makes public transport access an ease. There is not a lot of space for management to store baggage so try to plan to arrive at check in time. Would recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013