For the price Orchid is a pretty good bet. The location couldn't be better and has all the facilities of the HH mall at your doorstep...as other reviewers have said you are inside the mall within 60 seconds walk. Plenty of security guards hanging about the back too so it all feels perfectly safe.
The hotel itself is a pretty no frills motel style deal..we were lucky enough to get one of the few (I think there's 3?) rooms with a sun filled balcony. Really nice to relax on at the end of the day. The kitchen was handy with a full size fridge and would be great for families...bed's comfortable enough. Bathroom was fairly average and the shower water pressure wasn't great but for the price we paid who could complain!
It was nice to be able to walk downstairs and collect a few things for breakfast and bring a plate back to your room...great having a pool too.
Really it's all about location...sephora, johnny rockets, cpk, mac, cinemas, forever 21 you name it right on your doorstep. Universal studios is also only one stop on the subway away and super easy to get to. The Starline tours all leave from the HH mall too and only 30 seconds walk from the hotel. Def a good bet! just be sure you want to stay in the Hollywood area though..that was the only prob I had. it might be cleaner than before but it was still pretty seedy about as the night got on and we found the LA bus system a bit of a nightmare to try and navigate around! You also have the annoyance of all the entertainment hustlers right outside constantly trying to get you to take photos with them etc..get's very old quickly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. Our cancellation policy is 72 hours; check in is at 3 p.M. And check out at noon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles