2,421 results
All reviews full kitchen breakfast lady dolby theatre great location rooftop garden chinese theatre separate kitchen converted apartment building universal studios the breakfast area secure parking dining table minute walk king suite metro station continental breakfast would definitely stay here again
Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight here and it was good and relaxing stay. Very close to the middle of Hollywood Boulevard, walking distance to must of the attractions. Friendly staff at the reception. Rommel gave me alot of tips around Hollywood. The room was clean and tidy. A bit smelly carpet to be honest. Breakfast was ok.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2017

I can't say enough about this hotel! We were so pleased with the staff, location, room, price, etc! The location can't be beat in that it is right behind the Dolby Theater and you can walk right into the shopping mall and onto Hollywood Blvd by passing through a little hallway into the back of the mall that is right across from the hotel. Our room was spacious and clean. The breakfast lady was so much fun and so pleasant each morning! Ask her about the "T diet". :) We found it always quick and easy to get an Uber at this location. We walked to a lot of the sites that are on Hollywood Blvd and Ubered everywhere else. It was hard to decide where to be in LA but this was pretty central to all our plans so it was a great choice. Also, we felt safe at all times! If you are considering it at all, just do it! We based our choice solely off trip advisor reviews so I hope this review also helps you!

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Christina O
Reviewed May 27, 2017

Tucked away behind the Dolby Theater complex in Hollywood is a relatively small hotel that exceeded our wildest dreams.

Our family spent two nights there on May 4 and 5, and we had a delightful time; we were in town from San Diego to attend the Dan TDM concert at the Dolby Theater – our 12 year old son is a big fan.

On arrival we drove down into the hotel garage and noticed that there were numbered parking spaces for hotel guests. Each space was dedicated to a Hollywood star; we noticed space number 7 (my lucky number) was empty and was dedicated to Jennifer Lawrence. I have too much respect for her to park my car in her space so I parked next to her in number 8.

A small elevator took us up to the first floor where we checked in with the nicest, friendliest front desk clerk I’ve ever encountered. Before we knew it we had our keys to room 207 on the second floor. It’s really more of an apartment than a room. Large living room, flat screen TV on the wall, queen sized bed, full kitchen with wet bar, plus an additional bedroom with queen sized bed and a communal bathroom with shower and tub. All for less than $250 per night, all included.

We noticed there is also an outdoor pool on the first floor, a patio with tables and chairs in the front of the hotel, and a continental breakfast laid out every morning on the second floor past the elevators with delicious pastries, cereals juices and fresh fruit.

To get to the Dolby Theater complex, just walk out the door, walk about 25 yards straight ahead and to the right is a ramp that takes you up near the theater doors to the right and the retail complex to the left.

In case you’re wondering, yes, this is the venue where the Oscars ceremonies are now held every year. Out front is Hollywood Boulevard, with all the stars on the sidewalks. Not far to the left of the entrance is Donald Trump’s star. We glanced over in amusement as families from all over the world angrily stomped all over it.

To the right of the entrance is an area where Hollywood stars have left their hand and foot-prints in the cement. I discovered my hands and feet are a perfect match for Robert De Niro.’s.

There are a lot of family-friendly restaurants and shops in the Dolby complex, one of which even features a large and up-to-date video game area, something we all enjoyed.

If we’re ever in Hollywood again, we will definitely revisit the Hollywood Orchid Suites.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank sandmanj
Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

After itch researching, myself and my partner chose this hotel based on its many excellent reviews. What a gem! It is located on a quiet side street very close so that your literally a 2 minute walk away from the main Hollywood strip. Our room was lovely and the air conditioning worked great. The mini fridge in the room was especially useful. The wifi connection was a little patch every now and again but it wasn't bad enough to bother me. The staff are very friendly and will always do their best to help you. Breakfast is ok...it is continental consisting mainly of boiled eggs, cereal, yoghurts and cakes. I would liked to have seen some more recognisable continental features such as ham, cheese, pain au raisins etc. However Patricia the breakfast lady is very friendly and chatty :-) We LOVED the pool at the hotel and used it almost every day during our stay. Plenty of clean towels were always provided. There was hardly anyone else using it so most days we had it to ourselves :-) Housekeeping was very good and cleaned our room every day whilst we were out. For the fabulous location and the good price we paid, I would certainly recommend this lovely hotel and will definitely stay here again when next visiting central LA. Hollywood Orchid Suites is a gem right in the heart of LA and is very worthy of its excellent reviews and recommendation :-)

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed May 26, 2017

We travel to LA every year almost and we will never stay anywhere other than the Hollywood Orchid Suites. Such a wonderful experience and all the staff are so kind and helpful. It never fails to impress! Can't wait til next year to be back there again. :)

Date of stay: April 2017